Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      76 (89.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       AdriĆ”n
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 04, 2019 04:51:48 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22699 times
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #207: Nov 30, 2019 05:04:26 pm
      keita must be in some state if lallana is coming on before him.

Keita is very weak defensively and doesn't have the work rate like Lallana. That could be some explanation, but Keita has so much better ball skills...well...I guess it shows JĆ¼rgen's new mindset that is much more defense-oriented.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #208: Nov 30, 2019 05:04:30 pm
      Also of note. 3 fouls to 12 😳
      If we canā€™t beat you, weā€™ll kick you off the field.
      Kitty
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 115 
      Reply #209: Nov 30, 2019 05:04:46 pm
      Hey Everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD3F7J2PeYU

Enjoy the rest of the day with the top of the table, undefeated Reds.
      Ah! Who doesn't like a bit of Marley to chill out to 😁
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #210: Nov 30, 2019 05:05:36 pm
      so has anyone worked out yet how many games Alisson is banned for?

Somewhere between 1 and 3 mate.  ;D

I think it's 1 but I guess we'll find out from someone officially soon.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #211: Nov 30, 2019 05:05:38 pm

Should be one
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #212: Nov 30, 2019 05:06:13 pm
      Wilson with two goals, heā€™s going to be good for us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #213: Nov 30, 2019 05:06:27 pm
      Piss off, you know full well if it was the other way around you wouldnā€™t be saying that. Anyone who says different are just looking for an excuse. Itā€™s happened for years and years now players looking to take advantage of keepers not being ready. David Luiz punished us a few years ago for it and now itā€™s happened again.

If that was Trent or one of our lads that done it then everyone would be praising the quick thinking, just like they were with the quick corner vs Barca. Unless you think thats unfair because they werenā€™t ready for it? Thought not.

So what is the rule for when the ref can blow the whistle, is it just any time he wants, for example could it be whilst we are subbing on the new goalkeeper? its a genuine question because I always assumed the ref waited until both teams were set and ready for the FK.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #214: Nov 30, 2019 05:06:47 pm
      Well yes it's been done before but it's not in the spirit of the game. And given the position of the free kick we can draw no other conclusion other than saying it was a deliberate act by Atkinson.

Goes down as an assist.

Spirit of the game, it's not cricket mate
      Kitty
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 115 
      Reply #215: Nov 30, 2019 05:06:48 pm
      [/quote
      I know there's the philosophy of taking one for the team, but a ban, and then they scored! What was he thinking?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #216: Nov 30, 2019 05:07:32 pm
      We truly are dominating the league. However, we make it look difficult as sh*t
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #217: Nov 30, 2019 05:07:56 pm
      We truly are dominating the league. However, we make it look difficult as sh*t
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #218: Nov 30, 2019 05:08:46 pm

well it snot exactly some vicious foul is it, I would not even say its cynical, I think its just automatic from goalies to put their hands up liek that
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #219: Nov 30, 2019 05:10:47 pm
      So what is the rule for when the ref can blow the whistle, is it just any time he wants, for example could it be whilst we are subbing on the new goalkeeper? its a genuine question because I always assumed the ref waited until both teams were set and ready for the FK.

Good question. I guess the ref has some leverage. In our case, we just took too long to form our wall, the ref was justified to free the ball. But certainly interesting to look that up in the rule book.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #220: Nov 30, 2019 05:11:46 pm

Graeme Poll -
      ā€œIf the attacking team are fouled then it is they who hold the advantage.

With a free-kick around the penalty area, we always ask the players whether they want it quick or slow.

This is their window of opportunity to surprise the defence. If they want it quick, then they have given up the right to re-take it, no matter if it hits a defender who's three yards away.

The same goes if they kick it over the bar. They only get one chance.ā€

As long as the ball is stationary, the team with the free kick can do what they want. Just as we did with the corner vs Barca.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #221: Nov 30, 2019 05:12:36 pm
      [/quote
      I know there's the philosophy of taking one for the team, but a ban, and then they scored! What was he thinking?

I assume he didn't think Atkinson would screw us over like that, plus I think it was just instinct from him.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #222: Nov 30, 2019 05:14:51 pm

Non violent is 1, right?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #223: Nov 30, 2019 05:15:44 pm
      Graeme Poll -
      ā€œIf the attacking team are fouled then it is they who hold the advantage.

With a free-kick around the penalty area, we always ask the players whether they want it quick or slow.

This is their window of opportunity to surprise the defence. If they want it quick, then they have given up the right to re-take it, no matter if it hits a defender who's three yards away.

The same goes if they kick it over the bar. They only get one chance.ā€

As long as the ball is stationary, the team with the free kick can do what they want. Just as we did with the corner vs Barca.

so was that deemed a quick freekick then???
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #224: Nov 30, 2019 05:15:53 pm
      That game took a complete 180 turn after the 75th minute mark with Alisson red card. This game should of been killed by either end of the first half and early in the second half. Firmino had couple great chances, Mane had one great chance and Ox had couple as well we convert one of those would of be easy sails but we didn't take them which in the end made things harder than they should have been.

As for the game we played decent enough but once we went 2-0 up we stepped down a notch letting the game come to us and trying to hit them on the counter. Those balls TAA played on both goals were just amazing, made it easy for VvD to jump on to. I thought Hendo had decent game in the middle and Mane was a threat on the left side though it wasn't coming off for him. Ox like the Palace game had a meh performance, other than the chances he wasn't much of influence, Gini had one of his passenger type games we see from time to time and Salah was poor overall with just odd flash of attacking flair.

In the end we got the points at a time where Citeh dropped to increase our lead at the top and now wait to see if Leicester City can match us tomorrow.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #225: Nov 30, 2019 05:16:37 pm
      Itā€™s embarrassing having a goal like that scored against us but thereā€™s nothing wrong it, just as there would have been nothing wrong if we done it....but nobody likes it done against their own team.

It was our own fault, we had no awareness at all and we could easily have had a player go and stand over the ball to prevent it being taken quickly whilst we set up the wall, but we didnā€™t.
      Not to mention that Adrian, IMO could have gotten down to it or at least made an effort to, but he didnā€™t, he just ran to the middle of the goal and then watched it roll into the bottom corner. It was hardly hit with a great deal of pace.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #226: Nov 30, 2019 05:16:51 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #227: Nov 30, 2019 05:17:40 pm
      so was that deemed a quick freekick then???

Was it taken quickly?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #228: Nov 30, 2019 05:18:41 pm
      Relegation avoided I think
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #229: Nov 30, 2019 05:18:42 pm
      I know itā€™s been said countless times on this forum, but god we need the front three to really start clicking again like the ā€œold daysā€.

Quick Reply