Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      76 (89.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 04, 2019 04:51:48 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22685 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Nov 30, 2019 05:31:52 pm
      The ref blew his whistle and it was a clever free kick. Adrian spent too much time trying to organise his defence. As for the second half, I think that at half time,  the the boss told them to take it easy, because of  the  game on Wednesday.

ok so a GK must stay rooted to the spot then in case the referee suddenly blows the whistle, is that the new rule?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #254: Nov 30, 2019 05:32:33 pm
      Your back again then.

Come on, if a player comes off the bench and loses a 50-50 with his first involvements it’s not given back to him because he wasn’t quite ready. We could easily have had someone stand over the ball and make sure wasn’t taken quickly.

wouldn't that player then get a yellow card?
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #255: Nov 30, 2019 05:32:56 pm
      You are of course right, the points and league position is fantastic but we are not controlling games like we used to, its always scrappy nervy wins, it has to change or we will start to draw and lose games.

Also I am so against this hoofing the ball up the pitch and defending for our lives tactic, we are better than that, even with 10 men we should be able to control the last 15 minutes of a match against Brighton better than we did. We had throw ins which went straight to them on several occasions, wtf is that about?? Can we not learn to waste time a bit better please.

Definitely a sane position. We depend a lot on game luck lately and we should use it to learn from it while we are winning; that's always better than learning thru losing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #256: Nov 30, 2019 05:33:42 pm
      That’s complete bollocks and you know it.

erm no its not, I think I know my mind and my ethics better than you do. Why you are sticking up for a referee who always screws us over is the bigger mystery here!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #257: Nov 30, 2019 05:33:47 pm
      erm no its not, I think I know my mind and my ethics better than you do. Why you are sticking up for a referee who always screws us over is the bigger mystery here!

What would the excuse be if Alisson had been on goal on that situation? He wouldn’t have been fresh off the bench.

It was quick thinking, you just have to hold your hands up and accept it. We loved catching Barca out with a quick corner, Trent making it look like he was walking away for someone else to come and take it. Where are the complaints about that?

It’s not a case of sticking up for anyone, it’s just be realistic and accepting they bettered us there instead of embarrassingly looking at a way to say it was unfair because it’s really not a good look, especially after the way we tricked out Barca.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #258: Nov 30, 2019 05:38:12 pm
      Don’t remember anyone kicking up this much of a fuss when David Luiz done it to us a few years ago, don’t think we even went on to win that game so would have been complete meltdown if we’d not won this.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #259: Nov 30, 2019 05:38:46 pm

What would the excuse be if Alisson had been on goal on that situation? He wouldn’t have been fresh off the bench.

It was quick thinking, you just have to hold your hands up and accept it. We loved catching Barca out with a quick corner, Trent making it look like he was walking away for someone else to come and take it. Where are the complaints about that?

It’s not a case of sticking up for anyone, it’s just be realistic and accepting they bettered us there instead of embarrassingly looking at a way to say it was unfair because it’s really not a good look, especially after the way we tricked out Barca.

There is no whistle to signify when to take a throw-in or corner there is for a free kick, ie its a completely different scenario. Atkinson the c**t saw Adrian off his line and then blew the whistle to give Brighton the best chance of scoring, its a complete dick move and I bet the Brighton players were as astonished as ours were, in fact you could see that most of them didn't think it was goal at first.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #260: Nov 30, 2019 05:39:33 pm
      Don’t remember anyone kicking up this much of a fuss when David Luiz done it to us a few years ago, don’t think we even went on to win that game so would have been complete meltdown if we’d not won this.

Are you in the Atkinson fan club or something, this getting a bit weird!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #261: Nov 30, 2019 05:40:14 pm
      Atkinson the c**t saw Adrian off his line

Except he wasn’t off his line, he was firmly on the line.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #262: Nov 30, 2019 05:41:04 pm
      Are you in the Atkinson fan club or something, this getting a bit weird!

The fact you have to keep saying this is the weird thing. Maybe take the rose tints off for a change.

You’d have loved it if it was the other way around and you know. Its complete bollocks to say you wouldn’t.

There’s nothing wrong with admitting we got outsmarted there. We still won so it’s not the end of the world is it.

I’m more bothered about why they got the free kick in the first place and why Alisson was so stupid in that situation. Different things to worry about I guess. You would rather worry about a legitimate goal because you are a little embarrassed in a game we won, whilst I’d rather be bothered about our keeper getting himself suspended for the next game, which happens to be the Derby.
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2019 05:46:52 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #263: Nov 30, 2019 05:45:28 pm
      In terms of the free kick - I thought the rules were you either get a quick one - or a standard free kick. If it's a standard free kick then you're not supposed to blow the whistle until the wall has been set? The wall clearly wasn't set by the time Atkinson blew his whistle as Adrian was still screaming at his defence
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #264: Nov 30, 2019 05:49:28 pm
      Another win ground out
      Another goal conceded.

Still not remotely near top gear.
      All is fine BUT we have to finally step up and start to dictate games again and stop making matches far too stressful.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #265: Nov 30, 2019 05:50:31 pm
      wouldn't that player then get a yellow card?

What would you prefer, a yellow card or a goal against?

It’s one of them that sucks if it’s done against you, but can’t help but smile about if you are the ones doing it. We won so just chill out and enjoy it. Or think about how Atkinson is the VAR for the Derby, that will take your mind off the goal today ;)
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #266: Nov 30, 2019 06:03:16 pm
      I went for the big man for MOTM but congratulations to Trent for his deliveries.

I can’t think of a Right Back I’d rather see in this team than him.

He gets stick from the so called experts but, what he provides is absolutely immense.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #267: Nov 30, 2019 06:04:34 pm
      Never in doubt.

Becker you silly sod.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #268: Nov 30, 2019 06:09:29 pm
      So much belly aching on the goal we let in.

F**k Atkinson
      F**k the goal
      F**k the performance.

Were 11 points clear of City and top of the league. The light at the end of the tunnel gets closer with each 3 points. All that matters
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #269: Nov 30, 2019 06:11:44 pm
      As the man said LFC have been off the boil for about 2 months now but are still top with a good few points as a cushion and grinding the results out, it's frightening.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #270: Nov 30, 2019 06:12:24 pm
      So is it a 3 or 1 game ban ?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #271: Nov 30, 2019 06:12:25 pm
      And breath...Harry Wilson scored 2 today.  are we just a bit battle weary? its been an incredibly tense  few years going back to the CL final in 2018 with more or less the same team. Some big decisions to be made. However the league table makes impressive reading which ever way you look at it

Might be thinking of a recall, just in case we get any more injuries. We know he takes a mean free kick but is the rest of his game good enough for us to think he might have a long term spell here.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #272: Nov 30, 2019 06:18:43 pm
      I’m more bothered about why they got the free kick in the first place and why Alisson was so stupid in that situation.

So am I.... There was no need to come out his box whatsoever.. and as for Adrian and Klopp giving him hugs leaving the pitch, WTF, he very nearly cost us the 3 points, dickhead !

Front three were sh*te again today.Mo is definitely carrying that injury and it shows.
      Lallana was F***ing useless again, Ballet dancing around in the centre of midfield.

If this is our bad patch then i'm cool with that so long as we keep winning..

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #273: Nov 30, 2019 06:26:47 pm
      The blue sh*te next should refocus our attentions if the last 2 games have been a little complacent.

Last seasons Origi winner was F***ing funny but I hope we F***ing smash those cu*ts 5 nil this time.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #274: Nov 30, 2019 06:33:36 pm
      I was streaming it and lost the link just before the sending off. They showed the free kick later. One thing I didn't see was did Atkinson use his spray to mark out the yardage.

The rule should be once he uses the spray...it's coming ready or not. My veiw is it was unfair.Wasn't like TAA quick witted corner against Barcelona,that wasn't against the spirit.

Could argue justice was done as if Allison hadn't handled it it would've gone in

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #275: Nov 30, 2019 06:37:25 pm
      The blue sh*te next should refocus our attentions if the last 2 games have been a little complacent.

Last seasons Origi winner was f**king funny but I hope we f**king smash those cu*ts 5 nil this time.

Can't see Everton doing it against Leicester. Everton fans must know by now that Bill Kenwright should have nothing to do with picking the manager...put him in charge of the pencils and the christmas party.

Quick Reply