Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      76 (89.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 04, 2019 04:51:48 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23014 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Nov 30, 2019 06:51:12 pm
      Law 5:The Referee." Decisions will be made to the best of the Referee's ability according to the rules of the game and THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME"...There you have it..straight from the horses mouth..the FA themselves...LAW 5.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #277: Nov 30, 2019 06:56:00 pm
      Well dunno about y'all but i'm gonna head out to the pub raise a glass to The 96 and celebrate the win!cheers lads. :scarf: :food-smiley-005: :drinking:
      Harrisimo

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #278: Nov 30, 2019 07:09:09 pm
      It was borderline cheating by Atkinson. Look at the youtube link....stop it on 2.33 and you can clearly see that Atkinson looking at Adrian who had gone over to his left hand post and clearly wasn't aware the Ref would whistle for the quick free kick...but the point is Atkinson knew full well Adrian wasn't ready and in seeing that he blew his whistle...totally against Law 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBYusQx4eaI.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #279: Nov 30, 2019 07:09:48 pm
      Was out on a job but was checkin the phone. 2-0 after 30 mins, delighted, this was gonna be a stroll.
      Waiting for the number 3 to come up, bit surprised didn't see it by middle of 2nd half.
      Then there's a little red card beside Alissons name and its 2-1, could not believe it.
      Nervy as feck then for 15 mins - so relieved to get all 3 points :)
      Amazing that we can't just have a comfortable win.
      In saying that, brilliant to be able to win at the same time as shooting off our own foot.
      Didn't see the game but voted VVD, two goals from the big man won it for us.
      Sounds like the ref fu**ed us royally by letting them a free while the keeper was setting up a wall, ridiclulous if that's the case.
      Havent seen Alissons sending off, will catch it later.
      Regardless of all that, it's another 3 points. After tough CL match and Fab injury, important to keep momentum in the PL - especially in a game at home we really should be winning anyway.
      Well in lads !!!! Roll on Wed...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #280: Nov 30, 2019 07:14:34 pm
      It was borderline cheating by Atkinson. Look at the youtube link....stop it on 2.33 and you can clearly see that Atkinson looking at Adrian who had gone over to his left hand post and clearly wasn't aware the Ref would whistle for the quick free kick...but the point is Atkinson knew full well Adrian wasn't ready and in seeing that he blew his whistle...totally against Law 5.

Argh, stupid imho from Alisson, no need to be out of his box there, and stupider to handle the ball when out there.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #281: Nov 30, 2019 07:14:42 pm
      So am I.... There was no need to come out his box whatsoever.. and as for Adrian and Klopp giving him hugs leaving the pitch, WTF, he very nearly cost us the 3 points, dickhead !

Front three were sh*te again today.Mo is definitely carrying that injury and it shows.
      Lallana was f**king useless again, Ballet dancing around in the centre of midfield.

If this is our bad patch then i'm cool with that so long as we keep winning..

Because they should have tripped and then spit on him.
       :roll:

Amazes me how someone can deliver so much good toward one of the great sporting experiences of our lifetime and when he commits an error how vitriolic some of the reaction can be.  He doesn't deserve that.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #282: Nov 30, 2019 07:15:39 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Don’t remember anyone kicking up this much of a fuss when David Luiz done it to us a few years ago, don’t think we even went on to win that game

1-1 v Chelsea in January 2017. The argument that night centered over whether the whistle was blown before the free kick was taken or not. It was.

No real issue with this goal tbh. Free kicks are regularly taken before the opposition are set, and they caught us asleep at the wheel. With someone blocking the screen and no sound available, I didn't even see the goal live.

I would assume a straight red is an automatic 3 game ban for a first red card, a keeper deliberately handling the ball outside the box is effectively a professional foul. But we'll soon find out.

Job done. Bring on the blueballs.
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #283: Nov 30, 2019 07:33:18 pm
      Law 5:The Referee." Decisions will be made to the best of the Referee's ability according to the rules of the game and THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME"...There you have it..straight from the horses mouth..the FA themselves...LAW 5.

Spot on mate.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #284: Nov 30, 2019 07:54:12 pm
      When do we ever get a break from Atkinson.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #285: Nov 30, 2019 08:19:16 pm
      Because they should have tripped and then spit on him.
       :roll:

Amazes me how someone can deliver so much good toward one of the great sporting experiences of our lifetime and when he commits an error how vitriolic some of the reaction can be.  He doesn't deserve that.

As brilliant as our number one is, his slow control of the ball, in open play, from those precise back passes he gets all the time from the back four have made me a lot more nervy this season than last, let's put it that way.
      I sort of get the "taking one for the team" gameplay now and again but for me, it was a stupid decision to race out of his area, AND, raise his arms when he jumped.
      I could've understood it if Lovren had clattered into the Brighton player and took a yellow, or better still, had been quicker to the ball and cleared it (who knows) or is that just wishful thinking.
      The modern day goalkeeper is a different beast to what we had when I wee lad.. No gloves in the winter !
      Harrisimo

• 8,171 posts | 1384 
      Reply #286: Nov 30, 2019 08:24:43 pm
      The form of the front 3 is definitely a concern to say the least.  Ok maybe not Mane,but Bobby and especially Mo are off blob. No doubt Mo's injury is an issue. See flashes but he doesn't maintain that all action style, less fizz . Mistiming stuff as well.

Got to rest him, get him right. For sure I wouldn't take him to Qatar. Don't want him breaking down and missing 6-8 weeks. Get him fit, we have breathing space and we can still win without him.
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2019 08:37:27 pm by Harrisimo »
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #287: Nov 30, 2019 08:24:54 pm
      I hate to complain about referees as it's usually just finger pointing, but that call today was pure incompetence!  To whistle the play live at a free kick, after we have just made a player change and the new GK is setting the wall is F***ing ridiculous!  Atkinson should be fined and suspended for that sh*te!! 

Other than that -- another 3 points and we've further extended our lead over City.  Keep it up lads!!  Its hard to play against 12 men, but we smashed them cu*ts today!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #288: Nov 30, 2019 08:25:29 pm
      1-1 v Chelsea in January 2017. The argument that night centered over whether the whistle was blown before the free kick was taken or not. It was.

No real issue with this goal tbh. Free kicks are regularly taken before the opposition are set, and they caught us asleep at the wheel. With someone blocking the screen and no sound available, I didn't even see the goal live.

I would assume a straight red is an automatic 3 game ban for a first red card, a keeper deliberately handling the ball outside the box is effectively a professional foul. But we'll soon find out.

Job done. Bring on the blueballs.

Hot off the press, just a 1 game ban for Alisson.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #289: Nov 30, 2019 08:25:55 pm
      As brilliant as our number one is, his slow control of the ball, in open play, from those precise back passes he gets all the time from the back four have made me a lot more nervy this season than last, let's put it that way.
      I sort of get the "taking one for the team" gameplay now and again but for me, it was a stupid decision to race out of his area, AND, raise his arms when he jumped.
      I could've understood it if Lovren had clattered into the Brighton player and took a yellow, or better still, had been quicker to the ball and cleared it (who knows) or is that just wishful thinking.
      The modern day goalkeeper is a different beast to what we had when I wee lad.. No gloves in the winter !

I agree he would have been better off to keep his arms down and take his chances in the lob going in. Even if it does at least we still have 11 men. But yeah, different world when it comes to keepers and the ball at their feet.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #290: Nov 30, 2019 08:26:02 pm

Only a one match ban mate, he'll miss the derby...

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #291: Nov 30, 2019 08:31:12 pm
      So is it a 3 or 1 game ban ?

James Pearce on The Athletic says it is one game and it kicks in straightaway (so Everton). I made the mistake of listening to Jason mcateer about the 7-day thing. I think that was from days gone by
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #292: Nov 30, 2019 08:45:50 pm
      I agree he would have been better off to keep his arms down and take his chances in the lob going in. Even if it does at least we still have 11 men. But yeah, different world when it comes to keepers and the ball at their feet.

A lot of goalkeepers have adapted to the role of using their feet more and becoming more of an outfield player, in fact, most keepers in the Prem are doing it more this season than before.
      The downside is of course, that the opposition forwards, are sussing that out and are playing a high line and if they press hard enough, they can force the keeper or defender to just panic and boot the ball either up field back to them or into the stands.
      This exact scene was played out a few times today, with Alisson and our back four.
      Yes, our front three do it constantly but we have to accept that the high press in packs, a tactic unique to us last season, is being adopted by a lot of teams this season,home or away with Brighton being one of them.
      Teams that last season parked the bus are now playing a more compact, disciplined yet open game, which is great for the entertainment value.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #293: Nov 30, 2019 09:53:01 pm
      when Mcateer was complaining about conceding goal Lawreson basically said top of the league won 13 out of 14 whats the problem.
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #294: Nov 30, 2019 09:59:35 pm
      I’m just wondering when we can take the handbrake off - it won’t be the end of the world to lose a game, but we’ve played average most of the season, defended poorly and we are 11 points clear and In our joint best unbeaten run in our history - it’s crazy

Imagine if we actually started hammering teams - we’d win the league by 25 points

molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #295: Nov 30, 2019 10:09:39 pm
      I’m just wondering when we can take the handbrake off - it won’t be the end of the world to lose a game, but we’ve played average most of the season, defended poorly and we are 11 points clear and In our joint best unbeaten run in our history - it’s crazy

Imagine if we actually started hammering teams - we’d win the league by 25 points

I know its weird . If we click into gear like we can it'll be scary ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #296: Nov 30, 2019 10:42:30 pm

You may be right, but on here, if we started winning games 5-2, all you'd hear about is the 2, not the 5.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #297: Nov 30, 2019 10:48:09 pm
      Another win chalked up and a fantastic feeling to put 11 points between us and City. For the opening 40 minutes it looked like today might be a welcome 3-4 goal cruise to victory but once again this team shows a remarkable will to win and overcame adversity without breaking sweat. Whilst we may not have appeared to be firing on all cylinders within many of our games the mentality and strength of character they’ve shown has been awesome. Three simply never know when they’re beaten.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #298: Nov 30, 2019 10:56:41 pm
      only got to see the game just now on motd over working today and I must say I’m happy we didn’t smoke them today.. saving the smoking for Everton on Wednesday🤞3+

Quick Reply