Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      76 (89.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 04, 2019 04:51:48 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22709 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Dec 01, 2019 03:19:56 pm
      Yeah no worries for me either over Adrian he was pretty solid when he deputised for alisson when he was out,
      As for the sh*te across the park they hold no worries for me whatsoever
       after Leicester give them a beating today we’ll give them another on Wednesday,happy chrimbo evertonians

God I hope to hear a rendition of Merry Christmas Everton. If Mane scores then it will just be perfect.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #346: Dec 01, 2019 09:42:57 pm
      Another 3 points ...get the F**k innnnn.

Playing sh*t, winning games, nervy arsed last few minutes but we got there and loved the roar from the Kop when that final whistle went.

I have some gripes but can't complain about any of it because look where the F**k we are sitting, but I'm still gonna!  :f_tongueincheek:

Just feel myself worrying about Trent's side of the pitch. He really isn't that good a defender and Mo doesn't help at all. Teams just keep targeting that side of the pitch and every time it goes down that way, I sh*t myself. Wouldn't mind seeing Sadio and Mo swap sides for a few games. I know Sadio would help Trent out whereas I don't feel that Robbo needs the same protection as Trent does.  Surely this must be bothering the Boss at times. It's bothering me!!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #347: Dec 01, 2019 10:10:05 pm
      Another 3 points ...get the f**k innnnn.

Playing sh*t, winning games, nervy arsed last few minutes but we got there and loved the roar from the Kop when that final whistle went.

I have some gripes but can't complain about any of it because look where the f**k we are sitting, but I'm still gonna!  :f_tongueincheek:

Just feel myself worrying about Trent's side of the pitch. He really isn't that good a defender and Mo doesn't help at all. Teams just keep targeting that side of the pitch and every time it goes down that way, I sh*t myself. Wouldn't mind seeing Sadio and Mo swap sides for a few games. I know Sadio would help Trent out whereas I don't feel that Robbo needs the same protection as Trent does.  Surely this must be bothering the Boss at times. It's bothering me!!

Teams have been targeting Trent's side ever since he became a first teamer. I recall even Porto did it when we battered them 5-0 back in February 2018. He's actually a very good defender in my opinion and I still recall his second half display against Man City in April 2018 at Anfield when we were 3-0 up and spent the second half of that match more or less camped in our own half defending the Kop end, intent on not conceding. He was outstanding that night.

Teams go down his side for sure because they suspect him more but at the end of the day they have to go somewhere!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #348: Dec 01, 2019 10:50:25 pm
      Teams have been targeting Trent's side ever since he became a first teamer. I recall even Porto did it when we battered them 5-0 back in February 2018. He's actually a very good defender in my opinion and I still recall his second half display against Man City in April 2018 at Anfield when we were 3-0 up and spent the second half of that match more or less camped in our own half defending the Kop end, intent on not conceding. He was outstanding that night.

Teams go down his side for sure because they suspect him more but at the end of the day they have to go somewhere!

See I don't think he is a great defender, brilliant at going forward, gets back in time but oppo payers seem to go around him quite easily, maybe coz he's fu**ed running back all the time. I just think he needs more help then he is getting from Mo.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #349: Dec 01, 2019 11:31:23 pm
      Wonder who would go in goal if all the subs are used ? Lallana ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #350: Dec 01, 2019 11:34:20 pm

Ox or Henderson I was thinking.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #351: Dec 02, 2019 08:09:03 am

Big Virg, he can do everything else so why not keeping as well.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #352: Dec 02, 2019 08:16:56 am
      https://twitter.com/hackettref/status/1201394717629517824?s=21

I still look at it as our fault, you’ve got to be ready for quick freekicks.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #353: Dec 02, 2019 08:47:52 am
      See I don't think he is a great defender, brilliant at going forward, gets back in time but oppo payers seem to go around him quite easily, maybe coz he's fu**ed running back all the time. I just think he needs more help then he is getting from Mo.

I agree, he's not a great defender atm, but he's adequate,  and being adequate gets him on the team sheet most games, but, we have to remember his age, he's still only a lad, a very experienced lad granted but a lad all the same,
      I think we are very lucky, we have two potentially world class RB's to choose from, Joe has a way to go yet but we can all see how good a player he is both at CB & RB, Trent for his age is fast becoming a world class attacking wing back, and as he progresses so to will his defensive qualities,  atm, Jürgen uses his age, pace enthusiasm, hunger, desire, passion and of course his ability to pass/ cross balls with almost pin point accuracy , you tell me who in world football is his equal ? There ain't many if any,
      So if opposing teams feel they see a weakness down our right, good f***in luck to them, cos I'm betting they think more about our threat than we do of theirs.

YNWA
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #354: Dec 02, 2019 09:21:28 am

But it's not a quick free kick. This free kick required the ref to restart the match via his whistle. In such cases, the ref needs to ensure that all is set up correctly (including the wall as you show). If the keeper is on one side of the goal setting up the wall, then the ref needs to make him aware that he is restarting the match. Especially in this case as Adrian has just ran onto the field, so has a bit more to do than a keeper in a normal free kick situation.

If Adrian ignores the ref and carries on, then fair enough, he is at fault. But that does not happen. No indication is given by the ref. He hasn't bothered to check that the wall and everything is ready to restart the match.. and proceeds.

In fact, after the match Dunk stated that he saw the keeper to one side and asked the ref if he could blow the whistle, which Atkinson then immediately did as requested. It was at the request of Dunk - and Atkinson had given no indication to anyone else.

It is not a quick free kick where a player can just kick the ball whenever he likes. 
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #355: Dec 02, 2019 09:37:04 am
      But it's not a quick free kick. This free kick required the ref to restart the match via his whistle. In such cases, the ref needs to ensure that all is set up correctly (including the wall as you show). If the keeper is on one side of the goal setting up the wall, then the ref needs to make him aware that he is restarting the match. Especially in this case as Adrian has just ran onto the field, so has a bit more to do than a keeper in a normal free kick situation.

If Adrian ignores the ref and carries on, then fair enough, he is at fault. But that does not happen. No indication is given by the ref. He hasn't bothered to check that the wall and everything is ready to restart the match.. and proceeds.

In fact, after the match Dunk stated that he saw the keeper to one side and asked the ref if he could blow the whistle, which Atkinson then immediately did as requested. It was at the request of Dunk - and Atkinson had given no indication to anyone else.

It is not a quick free kick where a player can just kick the ball whenever he likes.

I thought you’re allowed to ask the Ref to take it quickly?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #356: Dec 02, 2019 10:54:39 am
      F**k me, it's like Sky Sports News in here! We won for fucks sake. Regardless of the intricacies of rulings involving the taking of direct free kicks, we were sloppy, got caught napping and conceded the goal. We learn from this and ensure it doesn't happen again. I won't go into the sending off of Alisson as it will involve the routine case of posters accusing me of bullying a certain player. Three points in the bag, we can't seem to do anything wrong these days and that is a testament to the hard working ethic of this Squad.

We will never get a better chance of winning our first Premier League title than this and we are nailing it with every game that comes our way. We literally look unbeatable, look at what happened at Palace.

We go into a difficult Winter period but the same applies to every other Club around us. The gap keeps widening and we don't look like faltering any time soon.

Onwards and upwards.

Good times ahead i'm sure.   
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #357: Dec 02, 2019 10:54:56 am
      Another poor performance but 3 pts in the bag.

Love it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #358: Dec 02, 2019 11:02:07 am

How is it quickly, there was about 4 minutes between the incident and the freekick? A quick freekick is being fouled getting up and immediately taking the freekick, but you don't normally do that so close to the goal when you have a wall involved etc.

The point from Hackett about the wall is very good, it should have been overturned on VAR, but will anything be done about this, no of course not, referees are beyond reproach and can be as biased as they want, its complete bullshit!

Anyway we won anyway so F**k you Atkinson, but lets pray we don't have any VAR decision on Wednesday because you just know that tosser will try to screw us over again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #359: Dec 02, 2019 11:03:47 am
      F**k me, it's like Sky Sports News in here! We won for fucks sake. Regardless of the intricacies of rulings involving the taking of direct free kicks, we were sloppy, got caught napping and conceded the goal. We learn from this and ensure it doesn't happen again. I won't go into the sending off of Alisson as it will involve the routine case of posters accusing me of bullying a certain player. Three points in the bag, we can't seem to do anything wrong these days and that is a testament to the hard working ethic of this Squad.

We will never get a better chance of winning our first Premier League title than this and we are nailing it with every game that comes our way. We literally look unbeatable, look at what happened at Palace.

We go into a difficult Winter period but the same applies to every other Club around us. The gap keeps widening and we don't look like faltering any time soon.

Onwards and upwards.

The point is that Atkinson is biased and/or corrupt and will do everything in his power to stop us form winning the league, he also happens to be on VAR duty on Wednesday in the match against Everton. If you are happy having a biased ref refereeing us then good for you but I think it stinks!
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #360: Dec 02, 2019 11:44:02 am

Onwards and upwards.

Amazing. Amazing. Exactly. We bagged the three points and two days later we're still going on about the goal we conceded. Wow! I'm really impressed by the no nonsense attitude we have and the serious desire for perfection. You guys continue complaining. Call Martin names and do whatever sh*te you think makes you feel better. I'm off celebrating our 11 point gap over City and 8 point gap over Brendan.

As if our lads will start losing if we celebrate or stop winning if we don't complain.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #361: Dec 02, 2019 02:53:39 pm
      Fantastic 3 points. should have the game won 4 or 5, but heyho.

Cant wait for us to smash somebody and have no drama. everton. ???   ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #362: Dec 02, 2019 03:00:34 pm
      Amazing. Amazing. Exactly. We bagged the three points and two days later we're still going on about the goal we conceded. Wow! I'm really impressed by the no nonsense attitude we have and the serious desire for perfection. You guys continue complaining. Call Martin names and do whatever sh*te you think makes you feel better. I'm off celebrating our 11 point gap over City and 8 point gap over Brendan.

As if our lads will start losing if we celebrate or stop winning if we don't complain.

I guess its hard for people like you to feel two emotions simultaneously, you see for me and I presume many other on here we are very very happy at our league position but very very angry at having a referee constantly F***ing us over, a referee who will be in charge of VAR for our match against the BlueShite.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #363: Dec 02, 2019 03:03:06 pm

Correct
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #364: Dec 02, 2019 03:33:06 pm
      Ref blowing their whistle when the keeper wasn't ready was harsh - Adrian was hardly wasting time.  Atkinson knew exactly what he was doing and could see the situation fully.

Not sure exactly what the spirit of the game suggests but, along with armpit offsides, it seems that Atkinson is allowed to sail very close the the boudaries of the laws when it comes to Liverpool.

Key take away from the whole incident however is that Alisson made a mistake in coming out so far.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #365: Dec 02, 2019 03:33:45 pm
      The Brighton player asked if he could take the kick, Atkinson the c**t seen the keeper lining the wall and theses days it is normal practice to wait, the Brighton players were not 1 metre away from the Liverpool  wall but most guilty of all was that Liverpool didn't have a player close to free kick taker to stop him from taking the free kick early, sh*t excuse for a referee. And would Ferguson let Atkinson behave the way he dose not a chance Jürgen needs to play mind games
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #366: Dec 02, 2019 05:15:03 pm

We can't count on it, but Atkinson totally overlooked this in awarding the goal.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #367: Dec 02, 2019 05:39:49 pm
      Ref blowing their whistle when the keeper wasn't ready was harsh - Adrian was hardly wasting time.  Atkinson knew exactly what he was doing and could see the situation fully.

Not sure exactly what the spirit of the game suggests but, along with armpit offsides, it seems that Atkinson is allowed to sail very close the the boudaries of the laws when it comes to Liverpool.

Key take away from the whole incident however is that Alisson made a mistake in coming out so far.

It was certainly tough on Adrian as a keeper who has just entered the game and is trying to communicate with his defenders. The referee should really be exercising some discretion there not withstanding the issues raised regarding Brighton players being in the wall.

With regards to Allison coming out too far I can fully understand why he handled the ball because it looks as though the ball was going in. Had the goal not been subsequently scored at the free kick I think that we might have happily (or less grumpily) taken the red card to maintain a 2 goal lead.

Quick Reply