Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson
      1 (1.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      76 (89.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (2.4%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
       Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Voting closed: Dec 04, 2019 04:51:48 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23061 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Dec 02, 2019 11:42:13 pm
      With regards to Allison coming out too far I can fully understand why he handled the ball because it looks as though the ball was going in. Had the goal not been subsequently scored at the free kick I think that we might have happily (or less grumpily) taken the red card to maintain a 2 goal lead.

Without watching it back, I can't remember if he could have just used his head? From what I remember, the ball wasn't exactly at a great height. But I could be wrong, like I said, I would have to watch it back and that's not really something I'm keen to do.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #369: Dec 03, 2019 11:42:43 am
      Was at the match at the front the of the Kop, so didn't see much close-up action as most of it took place at the other end! 

It did feel almost like it was a training session though.  Not a lot of intensity; don't know if there was an element of fatigue there.

We let them knock the ball around all game & they looked better technically for a fair bit of the match.  Brighton shouldn't be coming to Anfield and dominating possession, even if we're down to 10 men for 15 mins.

Al & Fab will be losses for the derby and if we play like that again, we could drop points!

Big, big month ahead now.  COYR!!!

Quick Reply