Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (2.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (5.3%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      5 (4.4%)
      Divock Origi
      30 (26.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      69 (60.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2019 10:07:51 pm

Liverpool 5-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23007 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Re: Liverpool 5-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Dec 05, 2019 12:53:30 pm
      I'm sorry, but after review I agree. It was a foul and VVD was last man. It's a different question if it was clear enough to call it back thru VAR.

You have to remember football is a contact sport and contact is allowed, even in the box. Their player was slightly ahead of VVD, there was no intended trip...there was no intended push or shuve. VVD made a challenge but there was not ENOUGH contact to judge that their player was impeded...that's why Atkinson and the Ref said no penalty.

It was that smug eejit....Jermain "smugface" Jenas.....and he was sucking up to Leicester man Lineker....if Leicester stay with us we will get this Leicester bias all season long...Origi scored a world class goal and BBC finish off the credits with Vardy's penalty in Leicesters laboured 2-0 win over Watford.
      « Last Edit: Dec 05, 2019 01:09:25 pm by Harrisimo »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #438: Dec 05, 2019 01:05:29 pm
      You have to remember football is a contact sport and contact is allowed, even in the box. Their player was slightly ahead of VVD, there was no intended trip...there was no intended push or shuve. VVD made a challenge but there was not ENOUGH contact to judge that their player was impeded...that's why Atkinson and the Ref said no penalty.

It was that smug eejit....Jermain "smugface" Jenas...(said VVD shud be sent off..can't be sent off under those circumstances so he doesn't even know the rules)...and he was sucking up to Leicester man Lineker....if Leicester stay with us we will get this Leicester bias all season long...Origi scored a world class goal and BBC finish off the credits with Vardy's penalty in Leicesters laboured 2-0 win over Watford.

cant tell u last time I watched BBC. dont pay for it, just a stealth tax. and Im not paying towards the sh1te on MOTD and eastenders. ;D
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #439: Dec 05, 2019 01:07:13 pm

Anything that walks alone!
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #440: Dec 05, 2019 01:13:45 pm

With so many fixtures this month and Salah requiring rest, I know we will be seeing last night's front 3 together again and I can't wait. This offensive romp was reminiscent of the spring of '18 when LFC was simply burying opponents with break aways and dazzle.
      Yes, Everton is god awful and apparently have zero speed on their back line to recover given the ease in which Mane and Origi sped past them run after run. That said, the Mane/Origi/Shaq lineup was brilliant out there and one of the keys was having a suitable right wing replacement (Shaq) instead of sliding Mane to RW and having 3 forwards all in unnatural positions.
      Mane left
      Origi center
      Shaq right
      This is a lineup that deserves more time together
      Origii belongs in the center. His size makes him a viable target and he has shown he can pull the trigger on a quick turn. He is not a wing play maker. Factor in his break away speed. Definitely a different set of skills than Bobby.
      Shaq might just have had his best LFC game ever. His creativity and elusiveness were spellbinding (for fan and defender) and gave LFC so many more offensive chances vs Salah who has had major possession issues. Like to see Shaq prove he can be consistent.
      Mane......solidifying his 'best player on the squad' status each and every game
      The creativity delivered by the grouping last night was tops this season.

-----
      Couldn't believe how the ref kept the yellow card in his pocket most of the night. Just a street fight out there and I wish I was there to watch the show. Robertson developing a massive chip on his shoulders and I like it....unless refs start tossing him.
      Between him, Milner, and Fabs....3 guys who don't take sh*t.

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #441: Dec 05, 2019 01:15:18 pm

It was that smug eejit....Jermain "smugface" Jenas.....and he was sucking up to Leicester man Lineker....if Leicester stay with us we will get this Leicester bias all season long...Origi scored a world class goal and BBC finish off the credits with Vardy's penalty in Leicesters laboured 2-0 win over Watford.

Leicester won’t be within 20 points of us come May, let them fawn away over them, they aren’t challenging us! And if they do come within 20 points of us it’s because we’ve wrapped the thing up early and we’re rolling out the kids 👍🏻 A team that plays the Liverpool way..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #442: Dec 05, 2019 01:15:31 pm
      I also thought McCoist was a breath of fresh air with his co-commentary.

Seemed completely unbiased, was enthusiastic about good play and didn't butt in too much.

Amazing how much more enjoyable a match commentary is when it's someone without an agenda.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #443: Dec 05, 2019 01:18:35 pm
      When I see Origi now, there is very real improvement in the last 12 months alone.   Hes really grown his game a long way in a lot of areas. Always a very raw talent, he is harnessing it all now.

Stronger, holds it up, runs the channels, composed finishing, good dribbling, good when he has it out wide, still has a burst of speed. A bit of everything in his game, and it looks like to me he is enjoying when he gets minutes and comfortable in his own game to show what he can do.

Have to give credit to his mentality too. A year ago I wouldn't have bat an eyelid if he was sold for 15 million. Under various manager's he has been loaned out to France making next to no impact, frozen out of match day squads for long periods, written off by the fans and pundits alike.

He has turned it all around and has embraced his role in the squad. A real weapon to have and loves bagging against the blues.

You said the team looked like "a team from yesteryear". Well I'll give you the benefit as to be fair, the team selected came as a bit of a shock. Yes your spot on with your assessment of Origi and the Mane/Origi combo will take some shifting.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #444: Dec 05, 2019 01:26:45 pm
      You said the team looked like "a team from yesteryear". Well I'll give you the benefit as to be fair, the team selected came as a bit of a shock. Yes your spot on with your assessment of Origi and the Mane/Origi combo will take some shifting.

The Origi of last night seems to be much more well drilled, knows where to go and what to do on and off the ball. It suddenly appears that he has finally understood what to do playing in a front three role. It just feels scary given that he can already score goals before this. Those longing for seamless rotation, I think that's coming at a much cheaper cost.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #445: Dec 05, 2019 01:27:14 pm
      Brilliant result.

That was by far our best performance of the season, some lovely passing short and long.

YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #446: Dec 05, 2019 01:30:27 pm
      With so many fixtures this month and Salah requiring rest, I know we will be seeing last night's front 3 together again and I can't wait. This offensive romp was reminiscent of the spring of '18 when LFC was simply burying opponents with break aways and dazzle.
      Yes, Everton is god awful and apparently have zero speed on their back line to recover given the ease in which Mane and Origi sped past them run after run. That said, the Mane/Origi/Shaq lineup was brilliant out there and one of the keys was having a suitable right wing replacement (Shaq) instead of sliding Mane to RW and having 3 forwards all in unnatural positions.
      Mane left
      Origi center
      Shaq right
      This is a lineup that deserves more time together
      Origii belongs in the center. His size makes him a viable target and he has shown he can pull the trigger on a quick turn. He is not a wing play maker. Factor in his break away speed. Definitely a different set of skills than Bobby.
      Shaq might just have had his best LFC game ever. His creativity and elusiveness were spellbinding (for fan and defender) and gave LFC so many more offensive chances vs Salah who has had major possession issues. Like to see Shaq prove he can be consistent.
      Mane......solidifying his 'best player on the squad' status each and every game
      The creativity delivered by the grouping last night was tops this season.

-----
      Couldn't believe how the ref kept the yellow card in his pocket most of the night. Just a street fight out there and I wish I was there to watch the show. Robertson developing a massive chip on his shoulders and I like it....unless refs start tossing him.
      Between him, Milner, and Fabs....3 guys who don't take sh*t.

Thought the Ref Mike dean was good last night.Didn't know it was his first game at Anfield. Poss the best ref in the league.

We also have to remember their defence was crap. 3 at the back with 2 wing backs. Silva went to a flat back 4 but it was to late. The Boss was sharpe enough to spot it and we played the long ball over the top a few times and it worked as their defenderswere to far apart.For us it's hard to spot something to moan about so I'll just go with obligatory.......Shaq... track back yer lazy git..
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #447: Dec 05, 2019 01:32:25 pm
      Brilliant result.

That was by far our best performance of the season, some lovely passing short and long.

YNWA

Come on now....surely you can gloat a bit more than that..
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #448: Dec 05, 2019 01:37:12 pm
      Spare a thought for poor Hi ho Silva...he's shivvering outside Kenwright's office waiting for the boot...all he can hear is impresario Kenwright crying his eyes out...." five...I mean five..ffs....get that Silva in here...NOW..."
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #449: Dec 05, 2019 01:40:13 pm
      I thought Shaq was incredible to be out for so long and play such a great part on the night. Lallana started the move for the first goal and ran his socks off he will get better if he can get game time.  Just wandering if I have seen a better taken goal than Divok's second even Henry was so impressed by what he did. Robbo and Trent just defy the laws of physics how they get up and down the pitch its like time travel. Dejan gets stick but I love his attitude and his pass to Divok superb. What a performance I want to watch the whole game again sit back and relax. Word for Jürgen who took some stick before the game. We battered Everton it could have been 7 or 8 but more importantly he has now brought 3 more players into first team reckoning and with Matip and Fab due back after Christmas we should be all set to take the Prem by storm.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #450: Dec 05, 2019 01:43:11 pm
      Big shout to Gini as well. He was fantastic tonight.

keep on thinking about individual players and how well they played but Gini was superb and so pleased he got his goal at the end.
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #451: Dec 05, 2019 02:20:32 pm
      So bad are Everton that we actually rested our key players against them, and still hit them for a record win!! Let that sink in. Unbelievable.

Never a better time in my living memory (was too young during the better years to remember it all) to be a red.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #452: Dec 05, 2019 02:21:34 pm
      I don't really want Everton to go down.

The Merseyside derby is one of the great occasions in English football, and I'd miss it if it wasn't there.

For the purposes of banter, yeah, OK, but I don't really want it to happen.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #453: Dec 05, 2019 02:22:44 pm
      I know the points out of 10 gig isn't the thing on here but I'll risk it..

Adrian...7...Didn't do anything wrong..proved his worth. Excellent signing.
      TAA.......9...Another superlative performance pass wise.Showed his teeth as well..not a bad thing.
      Lovren...9...Has stepped up and coming near his best. Can see a pass.Arguably our best defender last night.
      VVD.......8...Another commanding performance by the Worlds best defender...coolness personified.
      Robbo....8...Great support play again.Got sucked in giving away a free kick but still defended well enough.

Gini.....9...Bust a gut all night, does the hard yards, can tackle like a lion, has a goal or two up his sleeve.Invaluable player
      Milner...8...Worked hard as ever. What can this man not do on a football pitch.I can't think of anything.
      Lallana...9...Bust a gut as well, so much he almost blew a gasket, highly skilled, bit of a now yer see me now yer don't player.

Shaqiri...8...Out of it for so long but to play so well shows true professionalism, box of tricks as well.
      Mane.....10..."Take a bow son"..what a performance, so fit, so motivated. Speed, skill,guts,cut Everton to ribbons.
      Origi.....10...All over Everton, scored two great goals, the second a World class finish, showed he is not second string..top striker

The Boss...10...Went out on a limb but it proved to be a masterstroke.So much pressure on him to deliver the title. But he can handle it. Said before Klopp touches the soul of the great City of Liverpool and it's people..so true. And such a grounded decent guy.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #454: Dec 05, 2019 02:24:13 pm
      I was debating either Gini or Origi for MOTM well that settles that😜

Has to be Mane!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #455: Dec 05, 2019 02:34:13 pm

Really wanted to give it to Origi, but to be fair, without Mane, we wouldn't have scored 5, so went for him.

That pass for the first goal was awesome.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #456: Dec 05, 2019 04:07:37 pm
      Reminded me of the Citeh game where we took our chances when given and for Klopp with risky selection the likes of Origi, Shaqiri and Lallana took their chance to show why they can be relied more upon going forward because during the next couple months we will have to rely on them putting in a performance  few times.

I really found selection and in fact the tactics interesting as Klopp reverted back to double pivot which we have not seen since a year ago when we focus on integrating Fabinho into the side. The movement between the front four was really good and was causing Everton all sorts of issues. Mane seem to have free role just to find space and he was really effective coming in deep and those two assists on the Origi/Shaqiri goal were nice on the eyes.

I was also happy to see Gini put on in the net, thought he had very effective game in the deep role but given his ability should be able to get a few goals as we seen with Holland.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #457: Dec 05, 2019 05:28:34 pm
      Good to bump into Mr Batez in the Arkles last night , top form as usual was nice to have a few ales this time instead of driving, great night at anfield and the points keep coming .
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #458: Dec 05, 2019 06:59:10 pm
      Great result didn't seem to break a sweat just got to tighten that defence
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #459: Dec 05, 2019 08:57:44 pm
      Ally McCoist was superb on the commentary

Quick Reply