Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Adrián
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (2.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (5.3%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      5 (4.4%)
      Divock Origi
      30 (26.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      69 (60.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2019 10:07:51 pm

Liverpool 5-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22603 times
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Re: Liverpool 5-2 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Dec 05, 2019 05:49:58 am
      If origi , shaqiri or henderson played for a mid table side ,  then pundits would be cumming in they're pants over them. It's just that in our team they are under appreciated by the media because of the front 3 and virgil.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #415: Dec 05, 2019 07:06:30 am
      Went for Lovren mom - made one and was a rock all night.

Hasn’t put a foot wrong since he can back into the side.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #416: Dec 05, 2019 07:27:55 am
      Well done REDs for a job well done,I thought Origi's second goal was world class,I loved the way we played the long ball forward from defence and midfield.I was pleased with Shaq,it was good to see him back in the team and he did not let us down.He also took his goal very well.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #417: Dec 05, 2019 07:30:56 am
      Fantastic performance and the players who came in all done very well.

All very good team goals too.

Origi loves scoring against the blue sh*te.

Merry Christmas Everton.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #418: Dec 05, 2019 07:37:27 am
      Another great performance and another great result, against that shower of sh*te who are, well, just exactly that. They're awful them. One of the worst everton sides I've ever seen come to anfield which is saying something after some of the sh*t teams they've put out over the years but F**k me, they are truly awful.

I think many joke about them going down but I think it's a real possibility if they play like that every week. They defend like school boys, they are terrible. But enough about that sh*te.

Got to be honest when I saw the line up I was a bit concerned. I know Everton are sh*te but I'd have preferred to have started our strongest 11 in this one, get the job done, then take off key players if needed.  I thought the team that started last night might have struggled to break down their 297 man defence, even if they are school boys!

Was very pleased to see I was wrong though and from the first minute we just dominated the match while only in second gear in truth. They couldn't get near us and I always felt we could step it up a few gears whenever we liked. It was just a breeze. So easy and it's quite laughable how good we are and how F***ing sh*te they are.

The lads who came in last night I thought had great games. Was impressed with both lallana and shaqiri who put shifts in, were good on the ball and played a big part in our midfield.  Cannot go on without mentioning king divock either. Got his chance and he buried two fantastic goals. Both goals were brilliant but that second one was absolute genius. The touch to bring the ball down was very Bobby like.

Whole team was great but a special mention to sadio who is just simply unplayable. Two great assists, a great goal and he could have had a couple more too. Motm by a mile. He's our best player and in my opinion he's the best player in the league too. Possibly in Europe right now.  You know that lad who said 'I don't do ifs buts or maybes I do absolutes....sadio mane is the best in the world' and everybody laughed?  They're not laughing now are they.

Minor criticism was we didn't keep a clean sheet. I thought we switched off for both of their goals and they could have easily been avoided. Nothing to moan about too much because the game was over anyway but concentration levels need improving that's all. We won't play teams as sh*t as Everton every week where we can score as many as we like.

Oh one more mention. I F***ing love the way andy Robbo winds up opposition players. Love the way he leaves a foot in on purpose then just laughs in their face. F***ing boss.

We're F***ing boss aren't we? Maybe the FA should take 25 points off us just to give everybody else a chance.

Wellin reds.
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #419: Dec 05, 2019 07:41:37 am
      MOTD saying VVD should have been sent off and a penalty.

I'm sorry, but after review I agree. It was a foul and VVD was last man. It's a different question if it was clear enough to call it back thru VAR.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #420: Dec 05, 2019 07:49:48 am
      Merry Christmas Everton!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #421: Dec 05, 2019 07:53:21 am
      And back under your rocks you go.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #422: Dec 05, 2019 08:11:04 am
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #423: Dec 05, 2019 08:15:49 am
      I'm sorry, but after review I agree. It was a foul and VVD was last man. It's a different question if it was clear enough to call it back thru VAR.

Well have a read up on the rules, he couldn't have been sent off and gave away a penalty.

So to sum up, another sh*te post from you.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #424: Dec 05, 2019 08:23:55 am

Possibly, although it would have been a very very soft penalty, but then we should also have had a penalty when 2 of their defenders were man handling Virgil at a corner, that was a much clearer foul.

Anyway we won, our attack was superb , defence a bit jittery but overall what a team performance. Surely Origi and Shaq must be posing a few selection headaches for Jürgen now and its fantastic to have some good options in attack.

BTW yes I know I've been critical of Origi in the past but its just because I can see how could he could be, yesterday he displayed that and if that is a sign of things to come then things are looking very good for us.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #425: Dec 05, 2019 08:29:35 am

Nothing but a contrarian w**ker you are. Undoubtedly a previously banned poster... some of us have a good idea of who.

Your comments are F***ing dire.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #426: Dec 05, 2019 08:33:11 am

United, Everton or City?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #427: Dec 05, 2019 09:09:31 am
      What a performance that was. Must say I raised my eyebrows a bit when people were suggesting we rotate for this game but I'll hold my hands up. Team looked brilliant last night and the 4 players who came in (Origi, Shaq, Milner & Lallana) were the standouts for me along with Mane obviously.

Thought the "front 3" were incredibly fluid and played like we've been expecting our actual front 3 to play over the last couple of weeks. I think it's probably down to the usual 3 being a bit jaded but I also think there might be a bit of unhealthy competition when all of the big hitters play. It's no secret that Mane was a slightly unhappy at Salah a while back for being a bit selfish in front of goal and that seems to have continued as they've been snatching at chances and looking a bit disjointed lately. The link up play between Origi, Mane and Shaq was brilliant last night and they complemented each other fantastically so it should serve as a friendly warning to the players that nobody is untouchable in this side.

Final point is Sadio Mane - Shaq and Origi are great players but in Mane we had a truly world class player out there to pull the strings and that shown last night. I don't think the most powerful supercomputer in the world could have calculated a better weight or distance to hit that pass for Origi's first. Absolute perfection
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #428: Dec 05, 2019 09:25:20 am
      What a performance that was. Must say I raised my eyebrows a bit when people were suggesting we rotate for this game but I'll hold my hands up. Team looked brilliant last night and the 4 players who came in (Origi, Shaq, Milner & Lallana) were the standouts for me along with Mane obviously.

Thought the "front 3" were incredibly fluid and played like we've been expecting our actual front 3 to play over the last couple of weeks. I think it's probably down to the usual 3 being a bit jaded but I also think there might be a bit of unhealthy competition when all of the big hitters play. It's no secret that Mane was a slightly unhappy at Salah a while back for being a bit selfish in front of goal and that seems to have continued as they've been snatching at chances and looking a bit disjointed lately. The link up play between Origi, Mane and Shaq was brilliant last night and they complemented each other fantastically so it should serve as a friendly warning to the players that nobody is untouchable in this side.

Final point is Sadio Mane - Shaq and Origi are great players but in Mane we had a truly world class player out there to pull the strings and that shown last night. I don't think the most powerful supercomputer in the world could have calculated a better weight or distance to hit that pass for Origi's first. Absolute perfection

spot on.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #429: Dec 05, 2019 09:25:52 am
      Watched the highlights last night. Another brilliant victory over our neighbours, keeping us 8 points clear in the title race !
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #430: Dec 05, 2019 09:44:43 am
      I am just remembering just how good some of the football was last night. Of course Sadio was man of the match he was on a different level but I gave it to Divok. He hasn't had much game time he hasn't played through the middle a lot but last night I saw a hugely improved player who took his goals as good as anyone could have he was so impressive and what a bonus for us we now have 4 or even 5 forwards if you include Shaq so well in Jürgen the positives from his team selection could well takes us on to even greater victories
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #431: Dec 05, 2019 10:16:04 am
      I am just remembering just how good some of the football was last night. Of course Sadio was man of the match he was on a different level but I gave it to Divok. He hasn't had much game time he hasn't played through the middle a lot but last night I saw a hugely improved player who took his goals as good as anyone could have he was so impressive and what a bonus for us we now have 4 or even 5 forwards if you include Shaq so well in Jürgen the positives from his team selection could well takes us on to even greater victories

Was chuffed for all of the lads that came in. All played their parts. Were going to need them over the next few months. lots of footi to play and trophys to win. :-)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #432: Dec 05, 2019 10:20:18 am
      When I see Origi now, there is very real improvement in the last 12 months alone.   Hes really grown his game a long way in a lot of areas. Always a very raw talent, he is harnessing it all now.

Stronger, holds it up, runs the channels, composed finishing, good dribbling, good when he has it out wide, still has a burst of speed. A bit of everything in his game, and it looks like to me he is enjoying when he gets minutes and comfortable in his own game to show what he can do.

Have to give credit to his mentality too. A year ago I wouldn't have bat an eyelid if he was sold for 15 million. Under various manager's he has been loaned out to France making next to no impact, frozen out of match day squads for long periods, written off by the fans and pundits alike.

He has turned it all around and has embraced his role in the squad. A real weapon to have and loves bagging against the blues.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #433: Dec 05, 2019 10:29:22 am
      After rewatching the game, think I need to gush more about Lallana and Lovren.

Lallana was immense, covered so much ground, was implementing the high press to perfection and seemed to be involved in everything, whether directly or taking players with him.

Lovren wasn'tt far off the player he thinks he is last night and thought he was our best defender on the night, that doesn't happen often with VVD in the team.

And again we played within ourselves for portions of the game, good game management, knowing we've got a lot of football this month.

And, as an added bonus, after years of thinking we were a little too nice, we've got a bit of shithousery back in the team, we've got players willing to take a yellow, do the foul that breaks up play, push gamesmanship to the brink, it's giving us an extra few percent in an era of football were minutia matters.
      « Last Edit: Dec 05, 2019 01:16:47 pm by Roddenberry »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #434: Dec 05, 2019 11:03:31 am
      Never in doubt!! And anyone worrying before the game, that's the attacking line up that did for Barca.

Everton must hate the sight of Origi. That second goal was pure F***ing class.

My only gripe is we should of battered them by more than 5.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #435: Dec 05, 2019 12:23:07 pm
      After rewatching the game, think I need to gush more about Lallana and Lovren.

Lallana was immense, covered so much ground, was implementing the high press to perfection and seemed to be involved in everything, whether directly or taking players with him.

Lovren wasn'tt far off the player he thinks he is last night and thought he was our best defender in the night, that didn't happen often with VVD in the team.

And again we played within ourselves for portions of the game, good game management, knowing we've got a lot of football this month.

And, as an added bonus, after years of thinking we were a little too nice, we've got a bit of shithousery back in the team, we've got players willing to take a yellow, do the foul that breaks up play, push gamesmanship to the brink, it's giving us an extra few percent in an era of football were minutia matters.

Was just about to post the same thing, more or less.

Having wathced the match again after reading some comments I honestly thought I must be watching a different game, then I remembered that scapegoating particular players is a bit of a hobby for some.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #436: Dec 05, 2019 12:39:29 pm
      * comes down from cloud 9 *

F***in' A lads, what a performance

*goes back up to cloud 9 until the weekend*

Quick Reply