Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Bournemouth v Liverpool Sat 7th Dec 15:00 KO

Read 6867 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Pre Match: Bournemouth v Liverpool Sat 7th Dec 15:00 KO
      Dec 05, 2019 10:25:49 am
      Another important game against a struggling Bournemouth side, another chance for us to rotate a few players, with a must win tie against Salzburg just a few days after this.

Alisson

Gomez
      Lovren
      Van Dijk
      Milner

Henderson (c)
      Wijnaldum

Salah
      Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Mane

Firmino

Subs:

Adrian
      Alexander-Arnold
      Robertson
      Keita
      Lallana
      Shaqiri
      Origi

Think we will thump them, and get a ‘rare’ clean sheet - 4-0 to us ⚽️⚽️
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Pre Match: Bournemouth v Liverpool Sat 7th Dec 15:00 KO
      Reply #1: Dec 05, 2019 12:46:29 pm
      Maybe rest Mane for this one or is that too much of a risk? Would like to see Origi again and Salah & Firmino should be well rested now.

Personally wouldn’t rest both full backs, particularly if we are missing the creativity from Mané. Maybe rest Robbo for this one and TAA against Watford?

A real selection headache for the boss but I’m sure he’ll get it right yet again.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2: Dec 05, 2019 01:13:45 pm
      What's Harry's status for this match? Every free kick is a chance for them to score.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3: Dec 05, 2019 01:15:50 pm
      What's Harry's status for this match?

He's our player so he can't play against us.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4: Dec 05, 2019 02:19:26 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

But I would not be surprised if this is not the team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5: Dec 05, 2019 02:22:38 pm
      Think Mo might be given a bit more time on the bench the rest will be good for him. Bournemouth are poor at the moment so a good performance by the lads will get the job done
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #6: Dec 05, 2019 03:31:05 pm

This will finish giving everybody a rest before the Champions League match. It's still a very strong side and, again, it's just necessary to make changes to pace ourselves for the list of fixtures in December. Even more so with Matip and Fabinho now out.

Bench: Adrian, Lovren, Robbo, Lallana, Gini, Mane, Shaqiri.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Dec 05, 2019 03:37:13 pm
      Maybe rest Mane for this one or is that too much of a risk? Would like to see Origi again and Salah & Firmino should be well rested now.

Personally wouldn’t rest both full backs, particularly if we are missing the creativity from Mané. Maybe rest Robbo for this one and TAA against Watford?

A real selection headache for the boss but I’m sure he’ll get it right yet again.

Yeah I'd start Mane on the bench for this but apart form that more or less the same midfield and attack as against the Bitters. I'd consider giving Robinson and/or Trent a rest. I'd also give MO and Bobby a run out second half just to keep them fresh.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #8: Dec 05, 2019 04:32:18 pm
      Yeah I'd start Mane on the bench for this but apart form that more or less the same midfield and attack as against the Bitters. I'd consider giving Robinson and/or Trent a rest. I'd also give MO and Bobby a run out second half just to keep them fresh.
      I think we’ll be going for our usual starting XI against Salzburg so wouldn’t want Salah and Firmino etc going in to the game cold in such a crucial game. Both to start for me as long as they are fit of course.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #9: Dec 05, 2019 05:52:02 pm
      Agree with those who'd rest Mane. He's vital over the next few weeks and this game is the perfect one to give him a break.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #10: Dec 05, 2019 08:55:51 pm
      We get this one on live TV in the States.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #11: Dec 05, 2019 09:30:22 pm
      Gini will make way for this with Hendo coming back and Ox probably . Expect Mane to be given a rest although not sure he wants to. Mo and Bobby come back but got to leave Origi in
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Dec 05, 2019 09:43:11 pm
      Understandable why many are saying rest Mane for this game but sometimes the worst thing you can do when a player is in the form of Mane is give them a rest. At the moment he’s looking just as sharp at the end of a game as he does at the start, his confidence is high, very rarely gets any sort of knock and showing no signs of slowing down.

Hopefully get into a commanding position and can just taken him off around 70mins.

Made sense to rest Salah vs Everton due to his injury and last couple of performances and made sense resting Bobby because he was looking a bit laboured in the last couple of games so was the right time to do that and bring in Shaq and Origi but right now, Mane looks far from needing a rest and right now, he’s our biggest asset and best performing player.

Expect Keita to come in for this game...if he doesn’t then I wouldn’t be surprised if he could be off in January on loan for 6 months. The fact he can’t even get on as a sub these days isn’t a good sign for him. Big weekend coming up for him, if he plays he needs to make sure he steps up.
      « Last Edit: Dec 05, 2019 09:50:01 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #13: Dec 05, 2019 09:47:23 pm
      Understandable why many are saying rest Mane for this game but sometimes the worst thing you can do when a player is in the form of Mane is give them a rest. At the moment he’s looking just as sharp at the end of a game as he does at the start, his confidence is high, very rarely gets any sort of knock and showing no signs of slowing down.

Hopefully get into a commanding position and can just taken him off around 70mins.

Made sense to rest Salah vs Everton due to his injury and last couple of performances and made sense resting Bobby because he was looking a bit laboured in the last couple of games so was the right time to do that and bring in Shaq and Origi but right now, Mane looks far from needing a rest and right now, he’s our biggest asset and best performing player.

Agreed. Mane is a machine, got to play him and then look to take him off later.

We are witnessing the best player in the world right now, he’s literally unplayable at the moment.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Dec 05, 2019 09:51:20 pm
      Agreed. Mane is a machine, got to play him and then look to take him off later.

We are witnessing the best player in the world right now, he’s literally unplayable at the moment.

It’s like Salah in his first season, think he was playing virtually every game, even in the busy periods because his form was that good. When a team is feeding off a player in such form, keep it going and build around it.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Dec 05, 2019 09:51:41 pm
      After Evertons demise at Anfield it does not matter what eleven and subs we put out.The whole squad is hungry for success,what more could any RED want.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #16: Dec 05, 2019 10:01:56 pm
      They were chronic against C.Palace. I mean Eddie Howe has done well to keep them up. We sold him Ibe and Solanke, got about £30m. Good business. They've got Harry Wilson on loan from us.Think he's their top scorer with 6.Obviously he won't be playing.

We have to tighten up, especially in front of the back 4 and again down the flanks. But we have got our second wind and can't see them keeping us at bay.

0-3
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17: Dec 05, 2019 11:08:20 pm
      Wow these boards have gotten so positive I almost can't recognize them.

Bournemouth for the upset win then ?  ;D

I keed, I keed.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #18: Dec 06, 2019 10:31:01 am
      Defence, Mane and Gini have played almost 270 mins in a week. May be the full backs dont start this and start on Tuesday? Origi and Shaq were immense, and there is no reason (except may be fatigue) to not start them again. Mo probably starts from the bench and we retain the 4-2-3-1 with different personnel. And Jürgen said Naby is in fantastic shape but he wasnt thaaat bold to make 6 changes for Wed, so I'm guessing he starts too.

Ox, Mane, Mo, Robbo and Trent to start on Tuesday.

Origi
      Naby-Bobby-Shaq
      Hendo-Lallana
      Milner-Virgil-Lovren-Gomez
      Alisson

Subs: Adrian, Trent, Robbo, Gini, Ox, Mane, Mo
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #19: Dec 06, 2019 10:49:39 am
      My 2 cents:
      Let Salah mend...only insert him in the 2nd half to stretch his legs. Keep him as healthy as possible for the CL game and the Middle East tournament where he will be the belle of the ball.
      Ditto for Roberto F.
      Give us more Mane, Origi, Shaq and lets see if this trio can duplicate their Everton creativity.
      Give Robertson a day off.....a physical and mental health day. So tightly wound of late.
      « Last Edit: Dec 06, 2019 11:03:50 am by Borg »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #20: Dec 06, 2019 11:30:03 am
      Defence, Mane and Gini have played almost 270 mins in a week. May be the full backs dont start this and start on Tuesday? Origi and Shaq were immense, and there is no reason (except may be fatigue) to not start them again. Mo probably starts from the bench and we retain the 4-2-3-1 with different personnel. And Jürgen said Naby is in fantastic shape but he wasnt thaaat bold to make 6 changes for Wed, so I'm guessing he starts too.

Ox, Mane, Mo, Robbo and Trent to start on Tuesday.

Origi
      Naby-Bobby-Shaq
      Hendo-Lallana
      Milner-Virgil-Lovren-Gomez
      Alisson

Subs: Adrian, Trent, Robbo, Gini, Ox, Mane, Mo
      I like this team. Don’t think I would have if you had suggested it before Wednesday’s game right enough.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #21: Dec 06, 2019 11:42:49 am

But I would not be surprised if this is not the team.
      So you would be surprised if that was the team?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #22: Dec 06, 2019 12:07:07 pm
      The game next week is massive for us so I think he will go for more changes and give time later on to Mo and Bobby.
      If we can get a win with a "weakened" side it will be a massive bonus for us

Quick Reply