Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match: Bournemouth v Liverpool Sat 7th Dec 15:00 KO

Read 6866 times
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Pre Match: Bournemouth v Liverpool Sat 7th Dec 15:00 KO
      Reply #23: Dec 06, 2019 12:21:36 pm
      After Everton line-up, and the big CL match away on Tues night, line-up for this is anyone's guess.
      The PL is my prio but the squad lads have shown they can do a good job - and Salsburg will be a tougher test you'd think than Bournemouth.

Alisson
      TAA Lovren VVD Milner
        Keita Hendo Lallana
         Salah Origi Shaq

So bring Bob, Mane, Gini, Robbo back for midweek.
      Hard to rest both FBs, so much comes from them.
      Origi was great on Wed so why not give him another run as unlikely he'll start in the CL you'd think? Pace, power, finishing, was all there.
      With Keita not getting a start on Wed, you'd have to wonder what the future is if he doesn't start against Bournemouth.

Hoping we can keep this unbelievable run going :)
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #24: Dec 06, 2019 12:35:11 pm
      Funny how over the course of time Origi can start and one of the front three can be dropped. I remember not too long ago there were comments on upgrading Origi. We don’t have to spend a cent to upgrade him. Train more.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #25: Dec 06, 2019 12:59:21 pm
      Absolutely no idea what team I'd pick for this, leave that headache to Klopp. Confident we'll get the 3 points either way, in our last 4 meetings the accumulative score stands at 14-0 so we seem to have pretty much got the measure of them
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26: Dec 06, 2019 02:00:33 pm
      I'd go with this....

Allison(without suspenders)Adrian
            Trent Lovren Van Dijk Robertson
                            Henderson
                 AOC                        Gini
                      Mane         Bobby
                                Origi

Rest Mo as much as possible,  We'll need him fully fit through to January,  or until his niggle has cleared,

Divock as main striker but with Mane and Bobby free to roam up top, Hendo in the holding role with Ox & Gini bossing midfield,  maybe do a wee swop for Shaq and/or Naby once we're  comfortable, 
      Usual suspects at the back, not sure Allison is still wearing suspenders, if not he's a shoe in.

Going for a 1-3 Win, don't see Eddy's boys posing too many worries.

The Red Machine marching on towards No19

YNWA
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #27: Dec 06, 2019 02:27:47 pm
      They were chronic against C.Palace. I mean Eddie Howe has done well to keep them up. We sold him Ibe and Solanke, got about £30m. Good business. They've got Harry Wilson on loan from us.Think he's their top scorer with 6.Obviously he won't be playing.

Don't forget we sold them Brad Smith for another 4-5 Million quid!!!!!
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #28: Dec 06, 2019 02:32:36 pm
      After their performance midweek it would be tough on Origi and Shaqiri to leave them out. I would be very tempted to play the same front 3 myself. We looked fluid with great movement, full of ideas and lethal on the counter. I would not be resting Mane! Our best player (along with VVD) so he has to play. I know we have a big game mid-week but every league game is a cup tie so you gotta play him.

Given Milner a run at left-back and giving Robbo some rest is not such a bad idea with the Christmas run of fixtures ahead but I think it'll be Robbo. I'm really not sure when we'll see Keita play, I don't think it will be this week. Am expecting Hendo, Ox and Gini to start in the middle. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #29: Dec 06, 2019 02:42:12 pm
      3 points, don't care how.

Smash the cu*ts.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #30: Dec 06, 2019 03:03:02 pm
      A couple of notes on the lineup:

I don't think we can rest both fullbacks at once. They need occasional rest as well, I get it, but their replacements are nowhere close to the same attacking threat and that play down the flanks is too instrumental to our attack. Rest one at a time.

Having rested Bobby and Mo on Wednesday, tomorrow will be the time to rest Sadio, hopefully for all 90 minutes, in advance of the Salzburg match.  These two matches together (Everton and Bournemouth) would have been pegged as the best time to rotate through most of the XI (Virgil the exception and yes, he needs to rest at some point too).

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #31: Dec 06, 2019 03:07:15 pm
      I'd go with this....

Allison(without suspenders)Adrian
            Trent Lovren Van Dijk Robertson
                            Henderson
                 AOC                        Gini
                      Mane         Bobby
                                Origi

Rest Mo as much as possible,  We'll need him fully fit through to January,  or until his niggle has cleared,

Divock as main striker but with Mane and Bobby free to roam up top, Hendo in the holding role with Ox & Gini bossing midfield,  maybe do a wee swop for Shaq and/or Naby once we're  comfortable, 
      Usual suspects at the back, not sure Allison is still wearing suspenders, if not he's a shoe in.

Going for a 1-3 Win, don't see Eddy's boys posing too many worries.

The Red Machine marching on towards No19

YNWA

Alisson is deffo back in.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #32: Dec 06, 2019 03:12:48 pm
      I’d be happy to see the line up against Everton start against Bournemouth, I still think Bobby needs a break as does Mo..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: Dec 06, 2019 03:22:30 pm
      I’d be happy to see the line up against Everton start against Bournemouth, I still think Bobby needs a break as does Mo..

If Sadio starts tomorrow it will have been five matches in 14 days. He's been our best player I get it, but we need him fresh for the Salzburg match.  Unless Bobby or Mo are not fit, they should come back in and Sadio can take a turn on the bench with Divock retained.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34: Dec 06, 2019 03:30:24 pm
      If Sadio starts tomorrow it will have been five matches in 14 days. He's been our best player I get it, but we need him fresh for the Salzburg match.  Unless Bobby or Mo are not fit, they should come back in and Sadio can take a turn on the bench with Divock retained.

Mane has been excellent, but I'd have him on the bench for this one too. He's a fit lad but the more players play, the more likely to get a niggle/injury. Salzburg on paper is the tougher game, so would be back in for fresh for that.
      But whatever Jürgen does, will go with that, seems to know what he's doing :)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #35: Dec 06, 2019 03:48:25 pm
      I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or 6 changes to the side that played mid-week, I am hoping Origi will get another start which he deserves after good showing and I would say the same for Shaqiri bit feel with him not playing much all season that fulling full 90 minutes Klopp will drop him back to the bench maybe planning to play him next weekend vs Watford.

We tend to have good performances vs Bournemouth who style of play suits us and with their recent run of bad form would think it is nice time to play them. I expect a few goals this game as well though be nice to get a clean sheet so we have to stop hearing about it.

---------------Alisson--------------
      TAA-----Lovren-----VvD----Milner
      -----Ox-------Hendo----Gini-------
      ----Salah-----Firmino------Origi---

Subs: Adrian, Gomez, Robbo, Lallana, Ketia, Mane, Shaqiri
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36: Dec 06, 2019 05:58:23 pm
      Plenty of good dilema's for Jürgen.reckon one or two others maybe rested like trent, mane etc. Sadly won't be able to watch as my dad is in hospital
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #37: Dec 06, 2019 06:03:52 pm
      Plenty of good dilema's for Jürgen.reckon one or two others maybe rested like trent, mane etc. Sadly won't be able to watch as my dad is in hospital

Best wishes to your Dad.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #38: Dec 06, 2019 06:30:15 pm
      So you would be surprised if that was the team?

Not because of talent but due to rotation.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #39: Dec 06, 2019 06:33:49 pm

Cheers mate. Kept thinking watching this team would end up with me being admitted
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #40: Dec 06, 2019 06:47:06 pm
      Doubt we'll be doing much training as the games are coming thick and fast, just keep most of the squad ticking over. Mane looks a bit trimmer than he was last season, and it's given him a bit of extra pace. Origi will start again. Shaq did well but in away games he might be a bit of a luxury.

Front 6 for me: Gini,Hendo,Milner,Origi,Bobby.Mane.Same back 4 with Alisson back in.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41: Dec 06, 2019 07:58:16 pm
      Cheers mate. Kept thinking watching this team would end up with me being admitted

I watched a few from the hospital with my son. During the 4-3 Man City game Jan/2018, a nurse thought I was going mental.  :)

I find even if it drives me crazy some times, Liverpool football keeps me from thinking of other things I have to but don't want to the rest of the time.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #42: Dec 06, 2019 08:16:50 pm
      I watched a few from the hospital with my son. During the 4-3 Man City game Jan/2018, a nurse thought I was going mental.  :)

I find even if it drives me crazy some times, Liverpool football keeps me from thinking of other things I have to but don't want to the rest of the time.

Absolutely. To be honest at times without being overdramatic liverpool keep me going.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #43: Dec 06, 2019 09:29:38 pm
      Absolutely. To be honest at times without being overdramatic liverpool keep me going.

I know exactly what you mean this year has been absolutely horrendous but watching the lads win the CL then the homecoming and the way they have performed this season has been such a bonus. what is it Jürgen says "this means more" never a truer word said
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44: Dec 06, 2019 10:31:33 pm
      Hate playing this lot, still scarred from that 4-3 even though we’ve beaten them a few times since.

Rest Mane apart from that it needs to be a full strength team. If anyone else needs a rest they can have it in midweek - the league is the big one.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #45: Dec 06, 2019 10:32:10 pm

Wishing your dad all the best pal.

Quick Reply