Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Salzburg?

Alisson
      10 (11.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (8%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      16 (18.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      36 (41.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      9 (10.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (6.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2019 07:45:19 pm

FC Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16653 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: FC Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Dec 11, 2019 10:15:41 am
      On we go again to Saturday and Watford. With all the fuss about their big No9 he looked like a loanee from Tranmere the gulf in class was huge and on another night it could have been 5 or 6 again. But no mention of the clean sheet the second in a row from the experts . Just hope we get the job done on Saturday and then on to the WCC. oh and Villa
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #277: Dec 11, 2019 12:57:31 pm
      W**ker

‘ Mohamed Salah has been involved in 27 Champions League goals for Liverpool (19 goals, eight assists) - only Lionel Messi (28) has been involved in more since the Egyptian joined the Reds in 2017’

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/50739853

He's getting a hard time lately because he can be so much better. He could have scored 4 or 5 last night, and he could improve his assist in general. But it clouds the fact that he already has a consistently excellent scoring and assist record.

Jürgen summed it up nicely last night - to miss those chances but to remain focused and scored a goal like that is unbelievable. He's world class.

Still, will be nice to keep him on his toes with Mane taking the mantle and Origi snapping at his heels ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #278: Dec 11, 2019 01:25:57 pm
      W**ker

‘ Mohamed Salah has been involved in 27 Champions League goals for Liverpool (19 goals, eight assists) - only Lionel Messi (28) has been involved in more since the Egyptian joined the Reds in 2017’

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/50739853

OK but in fairness, apart from the wonder goal Mo was bloody awful yesterday in terms of finishing and passing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #279: Dec 11, 2019 01:47:26 pm
      just watched the under 19's playing Saltzburg doing it the Liverpool way 2 -0 down last kick of the matches sees them win 3-2 cracking game.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #280: Dec 11, 2019 02:03:13 pm
      Must have missed it but was there trash talk from the Salzburg camp in the lead up to the game? Seemed like Robbo was throwing some shade in the post match interview and then afterwards on social media.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,648 posts | 3918 
      Reply #281: Dec 11, 2019 03:13:48 pm
      OK but in fairness, apart from the wonder goal Mo was bloody awful yesterday in terms of finishing and passing.

Like Crouch and Owen said, he’s getting into all the right positions. He was superb last night and caused mayhem. Got his goal
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #282: Dec 11, 2019 03:28:37 pm
      Like Crouch and Owen said, he’s getting into all the right positions. He was superb last night and caused mayhem. Got his goal

weird isn't it Liverpool supporters saying Mo is woeful. He has had a bad ankle since the Leicester game still AVG a goal every two games.
      What more do people want from these lads its never enough is it.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #283: Dec 11, 2019 04:25:14 pm
      The thing is some fans are just tooo greedy and the greed makes them come out with silly comments.   Sadio Mane is in the form of his life he has been absolutely brilliant this whole year.   Instead of enjoying his performances they subconsciously put him down.  Because they then put Salah down expecting him to do better or match him.  Mane has been brilliant and has been our best attacking player for some time now.  But Salah does his job he still won 2 golden boots.   I don't think anyone has scored more goals than him since he's played for us in the premiership and only Messi has scored more than him in Europe.   

Salah gets into positions and snipes at goal regularly in games making chances is always important for attackers especially been the focal point of our attack.  He has misses them but carries on.  The goal yesterday was from a man that knows I'll may be miss 5 sitters and then put one away and that attitudes is brilliant.  It is when the misses get to the players head.   He had that chance where he could have gone round the goalie but he showed him too much of the ball he under hit it.   But then second time round he got it absolutely perfect.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #284: Dec 11, 2019 04:54:26 pm
      weird isn't it Liverpool supporters saying Mo is woeful. He has had a bad ankle since the Leicester game still AVG a goal every two games.

I want our forwards to have more than a 10% shot to goal ratio, is that asking to much.

BTW I agree his movement was very very good, it was just the finishing that was crap.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #285: Dec 11, 2019 08:42:14 pm
      Find it staggering the stick Mo gets compared to other players whose form or lack of it seems to go unnoticed
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #286: Dec 11, 2019 09:11:36 pm
      I want our forwards to have more than a 10% shot to goal ratio, is that asking to much.

So he was at your expectations yesterday with over 11%.  9 shots for his goal.  6.6 for this season!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #287: Dec 11, 2019 09:21:12 pm
      Find it staggering the stick Mo gets compared to other players whose form or lack of it seems to go unnoticed

I agree, of course when someone's shot-to-goal ratio is less than 10 percent, well then it doesn't matter whatever records you've set and honors you've helped us win, because this game of football in the end is about shot-to-goal ratio.

Which is less important than only the burp-to-fart ratio, an unseemly but ultimately indisputable measuring gauge.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #288: Dec 13, 2019 08:31:08 am
      f***in hell, Mo getting stick, yes he missed 4 sitters, but put away the clincher from the impossible angle, he's gonna score 4 or 5 against someone soon! Can feel it coming.

No one has even mentioned how Bobby gave it away about 7 times from the 40th minute till about the 60th minute!!
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #289: Dec 13, 2019 09:30:29 am

Not good enough. He has to better his own and everybody's average. I speak for the perfectionists, even through I recognise that I'm far from perfect as a human being, that whatever is good or great can be much much better due to the fact that Mo is not and never will be perfect.

But it's the expectation that his averages have to improve by leaps and bounds and has to come close to being a perfect footballer.

Is that too much to ask for these people? Perform and you get appluse. Let me down and I'll give you stick. Reasonable? The individual decides. Unreasonable for me. ;D

For me it's simple. Three points. Scrape it, get it, pocket it and we move on. Continue to love and support our players.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #290: Dec 13, 2019 09:35:04 am
      Continue to love and support our players.

You see, when you love your players you're forgiving. You don't give them stick. In fact we need to back them even more when they're down. I thought we are the best fans in the world? Think about that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #291: Dec 13, 2019 09:58:15 am
      Must have missed it but was there trash talk from the Salzburg camp in the lead up to the game? Seemed like Robbo was throwing some shade in the post match interview and then afterwards on social media.

The big lad, Haaland, said in a pre-match interview that he reckoned Salzburg would win 3-1.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #292: Dec 13, 2019 10:19:18 am

Funny no one ever said this type of thing about Fowler, Torres or Owen so long as they scored the goals.

Salah is a striker. His job is to score and create goals. He does both on a regular basis. Maybe it’s about time a few of you judged him the way other strikers are judged?
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #293: Dec 13, 2019 10:20:15 am
      You see, when you love your players you're forgiving. You don't give them stick. In fact we need to back them even more when they're down. I thought we are the best fans in the world? Think about that.

I love that you are replying to your own post! 😃
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #294: Dec 13, 2019 10:23:15 am
      Hey why isn't Minamino on the MOTM poll?  :P
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #295: Dec 13, 2019 10:25:23 am
      The thing is some fans are just tooo greedy and the greed makes them come out with silly comments.   Sadio Mane is in the form of his life he has been absolutely brilliant this whole year.   Instead of enjoying his performances they subconsciously put him down.  Because they then put Salah down expecting him to do better or match him.  Mane has been brilliant and has been our best attacking player for some time now.  But Salah does his job he still won 2 golden boots.   I don't think anyone has scored more goals than him since he's played for us in the premiership and only Messi has scored more than him in Europe.   

Salah gets into positions and snipes at goal regularly in games making chances is always important for attackers especially been the focal point of our attack.  He has misses them but carries on.  The goal yesterday was from a man that knows I'll may be miss 5 sitters and then put one away and that attitudes is brilliant.  It is when the misses get to the players head.   He had that chance where he could have gone round the goalie but he showed him too much of the ball he under hit it.   But then second time round he got it absolutely perfect.

He still is the focal point of our attack. Despite Mane’s incredible form defences still cheat across to Salah to crowd him out every time he is on the ball high up the pitch. Even if he is having a bad game he creates space for other players and effects play with the runs he makes, his pace and goal threat. A few will never see it though do what can ya do.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #296: Dec 13, 2019 11:04:29 am
      The big lad, Haaland, said in a pre-match interview that he reckoned Salzburg would win 3-1.

Us Norwegians can be a little bit over confident sometimes ;-)

Not sure about Haaland, if he will live up to his promise or insane valuation. I've not seen enough of him to form a sold opinion, he is strong and quick but his attitude seems a little bit sh*t.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #297: Dec 13, 2019 11:06:31 am
      Funny no one ever said this type of thing about Fowler, Torres or Owen so long as they scored the goals.

Salah is a striker. His job is to score and create goals. He does both on a regular basis. Maybe it’s about time a few of you judged him the way other strikers are judged?

Oh I criticised Owen plenty, especially the last couple of years he played for us where he developed a weird habit of hiding behind the defenders so the other players couldn't get a pass though to him.

Fowler and Torres were superb, as is Mo, its just that Mo's finishing is pretty sh*t at the moment but that goal must have done him a world of good.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #298: Dec 13, 2019 01:00:02 pm
      Oh I criticised Owen plenty, especially the last couple of years he played for us where he developed a weird habit of hiding behind the defenders so the other players couldn't get a pass though to him.

Fowler and Torres were superb, as is Mo, its just that Mo's finishing is pretty sh*t at the moment but that goal must have done him a world of good.

He scored the other night, he scored last weekend and his goal vs City was only a few games back. He's got 11 goals (7 and 4 in the EPL) and 6 assists in 21 games. He will comfortably break 20 goals for the season assuming he doesn't suffer injuries. We're very lucky to have him, particularly when we will get 20 plus goals form the other side from Mane. You should cut him a break. 

Quick Reply