Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Salzburg?

Alisson
      10 (11.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (8%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (2.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      16 (18.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      36 (41.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      9 (10.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (6.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2019 07:45:19 pm

FC Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16614 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: FC Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Dec 13, 2019 02:31:42 pm
      He scored the other night, he scored last weekend and his goal vs City was only a few games back. He's got 11 goals (7 and 4 in the EPL) and 6 assists in 21 games. He will comfortably break 20 goals for the season assuming he doesn't suffer injuries. We're very lucky to have him, particularly when we will get 20 plus goals form the other side from Mane. You should cut him a break. 

Yes but you have to agree that his finishing has been pretty hit and miss this season, loads of shots flying high and wide or straight at the keeper etc, but then he goes and does a magic goal like against Salzburg. I just want to see a bit more accuracy from MO, but his movement is superb again so its looking positive.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,611 posts | 2159 
      Reply #300: Dec 13, 2019 02:43:59 pm
      Yes but you have to agree that his finishing has been pretty hit and miss this season, loads of shots flying high and wide or straight at the keeper etc, but then he goes and does a magic goal like against Salzburg. I just want to see a bit more accuracy from MO, but his movement is superb again so its looking positive.

Yeah sure his form has been a little bit patchy when compared to His first season at the club but criticism surely should be in context? The context in this case is that he is comfortably in course for a 20-25 goal season and he’s an integral part of a team achieving more than any Liverpool team in the last 30 years.

To be honest I’m amazed that any of these lads can get one iota of criticism from anyone on this board. Just enjoy the ride and if someone has an off-game (whilst the team co to yes to win) then so what, that’s football.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #301: Dec 13, 2019 02:49:16 pm
      Yeah sure his form has been a little bit patchy when compared to His first season at the club but criticism surely should be in context? The context in this case is that he is comfortably in course for a 20-25 goal season and he’s an integral part of a team achieving more than any Liverpool team in the last 30 years.

To be honest I’m amazed that any of these lads can get one iota of criticism from anyone on this board. Just enjoy the ride and if someone has an off-game (whilst the team co to yes to win) then so what, that’s football.

You can mention when a player has an off game, it's just some of the knee jerk reactions remind me of the dickheads on AFTV, all mouth and no F***ing clue.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #302: Dec 13, 2019 05:51:28 pm
      He still is the focal point of our attack. Despite Mane’s incredible form defences still cheat across to Salah to crowd him out every time he is on the ball high up the pitch. Even if he is having a bad game he creates space for other players and effects play with the runs he makes, his pace and goal threat. A few will never see it though do what can ya do.

Totally agree.  Whilst they will say it is just fair criticism it looks to me that a few posters just don't like him.  And for the life of me I just can't see anything to not like!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #303: Dec 13, 2019 06:05:49 pm
      I love that you are replying to your own post! 😃

WTF hahaha. :lmao:

Quick Reply