Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Watford Sat 14th December 12:30KO

Read 7129 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 43 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool v Watford Sat 14th December 12:30KO
      Dec 11, 2019 08:13:53 am
      Our final game before our trip to Qatar, I’m expecting a few changes.

Still waiting for news about Lovren’s injury, but I wouldn’t think he would be risked on Saturday regardless.

Alisson

Alexander-Arnold
      Gomez
      Van Dijk
      Milner (c)

Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Wijnaldum
      Lallana

Shaqiri
      Origi
      Mane

Subs:

Adrian
      Van Den Berg
      Robertson
      Henderson
      Keita
      Salah
      Firmino

LFC win ⚽️⚽️⚽️
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2019 12:53:02 pm by JD »
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Liverpool v Watford Sat 14th December 12:30KO
      Reply #1: Dec 11, 2019 09:15:41 am
      Should hammer them imo. 5-6 to nil.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2: Dec 11, 2019 09:31:33 am
      Should see some changes for this game; Firmino looks off the pace still, so should deffo be rested.  Keita building up a head of steam, so like to start again.

Comfortable win similar to Bournemouth.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #3: Dec 11, 2019 09:38:14 am
      I would have thought full strength on Saturday and then maybe a few changes in midweek for the semi final in Qatar.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Dec 11, 2019 10:49:04 am
      Couple of times a year I get a feeling in my water, that antibiotics aren't needed for, that someone is in for an absolute tonking, by five clear goals.

I'm hoping it's one of the times I don't need ciprofolxacin.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #5: Dec 11, 2019 11:05:51 am
      10-0 for me. We need to close the gap on City. So we must outdo their 8-0 and Leicester’s 9-0.

This must beat everybody mentality is so unrealistic. 3 points will do for me. Scrappy three points is also fine. Just bag the three points. I don’t care how.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6: Dec 11, 2019 11:19:07 am
      great that we play early it gives us a chance to put more pressure on the chasers. I think whoever plays will be chomping at the bit to do well and impress just as it should be. Don't think it will be that easy with the new manager bounce.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Dec 11, 2019 11:19:52 am
      10-0 for me. We need to close the gap on City. So we must outdo their 8-0 and Leicester’s 9-0.

This must beat everybody mentality is so unrealistic. 3 points will do for me. Scrappy three points is also fine. Just bag the three points. I don’t care how.

Do you imagine that you are funny? You are like the toddler who tells a poopoo joke which some adult foolishly laughs at and then the toddler runs around for hours retelling the very same joke!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #8: Dec 11, 2019 11:22:15 am
      NB: Team no longer available
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Dec 11, 2019 12:17:27 pm
      Hope we smash these cant stand that weird bully boy Pearson.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #10: Dec 11, 2019 01:10:28 pm
      Said in the naby thread, Id love to see himself and the Ox together, with Milner or Hendo holding for this game.

Also no rotating of front 3, start them all then bring on Shaq & Origi for last 20.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #11: Dec 11, 2019 01:24:17 pm
      This should be a comfortable win, the only unknown factor is Pearson, but surely they can't have that much of a bounce under him, this is a terrible team at the moment and are ripe for a mauling.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #12: Dec 11, 2019 01:30:02 pm
      Watford been really poor though I am wary of team with the new manager high I just think the type of form we are round into going into the holiday period it would be hard not seeing us get win before we go away to the club world cup. I do think Klopp is going to make 3 to 4 changes to the side to keep the legs fresh.

--------------Alisson--------------
      TAA----Gomez-----VvD-----Milner
      -----Ox------Hendo----Lallana----
      ---Origi------Salah--------Mane--

Subs: Adrian, Lovren, Robbo, Gini, Ketia, Shaqiri, Firmino
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Dec 11, 2019 02:34:13 pm
      Our final game before our trip to Qatar, I’m expecting a few changes.

Still waiting for news about Lovren’s injury, but I wouldn’t think he would be risked on Saturday regardless.

Alisson

Alexander-Arnold
      Gomez
      Van Dijk
      Milner (c)

Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Wijnaldum
      Lallana

Shaqiri
      Origi
      Mane

Subs:

Adrian
      Van Den Berg
      Robertson
      Henderson
      Keita
      Salah
      Firmino

LFC win ⚽️⚽️⚽️

This is about right. Three possible differences

1. Not sure about Lallana. I think Henderson will start again.

2. And if a kid defender is on the bench in place of Lovren, it would be Kijana Hoever before Sepp Van den Berg - pretty sure.

3. Don't be shocked if Curtis Jones gets a full debut.

I think JĂźrgen really wants to win the Club World Cup and will try to field his strongest side for both matches, if at all possible. The time between the final and Leicester on boxing day is sufficient to use the same XI for that match as well.

But for Watford, I expect the same professional performance the team have been giving us. On we go.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #14: Dec 11, 2019 03:07:58 pm

4-0 Reds!!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #15: Dec 11, 2019 03:26:21 pm
      I see NBC sports are doing their weekender thing from Miami for this,kinda interesting to see how many folks show up at 7.30 to get on the telly.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #16: Dec 11, 2019 03:26:36 pm
      I would have thought full strength on Saturday and then maybe a few changes in midweek for the semi final in Qatar.

Exactly what will happen.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: Dec 11, 2019 09:46:02 pm
      Think it will be very similar to as we were against Salzberg, apart from Gomez for Lovren and perhaps a change in midfield. Think Klopp will look to rotate heavily between the games in the CWC so probably a similar line up to the Everton game (excluding Mane) so we have the stronger line up for the second game and allowing us to go near full strength vs Watford. We are going to be having a game in hand so we need to make sure we don’t put pressure on ourselves by having to win that game in hand to get a bit of breathing space again, particularly with our first game back being Leicester so would be a risk to rotate a lot for this game.
      Get the win wrapped up early on and then take the key players off early in the second half.
      There’s been a bit of rotation lately so shouldn’t be much of an issue with the likes of Salah and Mane playing Tuesday and then Saturday, particularly if they are then rested on the 21st.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #18: Dec 11, 2019 10:20:52 pm

Aye same here, Pearson will have them organised and difficult to breakdown. I fancy us to win 2-0 but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was close
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #19: Dec 11, 2019 10:48:22 pm
      Just get the three points, to me this game is more important then this fifa club world cup. Which should be played like a pre-season thing like the “champions cup” they do in the summer. Need this PL title so badly. Just my input.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Dec 12, 2019 12:23:54 am
      Think it will be very similar to as we were against Salzberg, apart from Gomez for Lovren and perhaps a change in midfield. Think Klopp will look to rotate heavily between the games in the CWC so probably a similar line up to the Everton game (excluding Mane) so we have the stronger line up for the second game and allowing us to go near full strength vs Watford. We are going to be having a game in hand so we need to make sure we don’t put pressure on ourselves by having to win that game in hand to get a bit of breathing space again, particularly with our first game back being Leicester so would be a risk to rotate a lot for this game.
      Get the win wrapped up early on and then take the key players off early in the second half.
      There’s been a bit of rotation lately so shouldn’t be much of an issue with the likes of Salah and Mane playing Tuesday and then Saturday, particularly if they are then rested on the 21st.

It's not that players couldn't play both Tuesday and Saturday (some will, including the two you mention, Mo and Sadio), but that we sent out our best XI (among match fit players) vs. Salzberg. We will again on Monday the 21st vs. Flamengo in a competition JĂźrgen and the club management really want to win, and also on the following Thursday the 26th at Leicester. What we want to avoid is the same XI playing five matches in 16 days. So the two matches to rotate in this stretch will be Watford on Saturday and Monterrey next Wednesday. You don't want to go too weak for either, so I expect something like this the next two matches:

vs. Watford

Alisson
      Trent
      Gomez
      Virgil
      Milner

Gini
      Hendo
      AOC

Mane
      Divock
      Salah

Then vs. Monterrey

Alisson

Milner
      Gomez
      Lovren
      Robbo

Lallana
      Keita
      AOC

Divock
      Bobby
      Shaqiri

However it actually falls out, the lineups for these two matches should give every one of the first choice outfield players a match off.

Then we back to Ali-Trent-Dejan-Virgil-Robbo-Gini-Hendo-Keita-Mo-Bobby-Sadio for Flamengo and Leicester before rotating again for Wolves, Sheffield United and Everton in the FA Cup.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #21: Dec 12, 2019 07:29:50 am
      If we pressure Watford from the kick off and get an early goal then Watford will go in panic mode and the floodgates will open.Just get the 3 points please REDMEN.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #22: Dec 12, 2019 08:03:54 am
      Fullest fittest X1 for me, Watford are gash and will go down, not our problem,  they are just another opponent we take 3 points from and another step towards the holy grail,

Allison
         Trent Gomez Virgil Robbo
                         Henderson
              AOC                          Keita
                            Firmino
               Salah                     Mane

Bench;  Adrian,  Milner,  Gini, Shaqiri, 
                    Origi,  Jones,  Elliot

Ruthlessness,  is what I want to see early doors Saturday,  a opportunity to bag a hat full of goals and close the goal diff gap, not that we'll need it, but bagging a sh*t load of goals boosts confidence and makes us all tingly inside...so let's batter F**k out of Watford , love us to score 6 but a nice round 4 will suffice,  and another clean sheet.

4-0 Champions Elect

YNWA

Quick Reply