Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who do you want to face? (Added 12th December)

Real Madrid
      22 (41.5%)
      Atalanta
      14 (26.4%)
      Atletico Madrid
      3 (5.7%)
      Borussia Dortmund
      4 (7.5%)
      Lyon
      10 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: Dec 16, 2019 02:59:40 pm

Champions League Draw Monday Dec. 16

Read 12620 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Re: Champions League Draw Monday Dec. 16
      Reply #115: Dec 17, 2019 09:02:20 am
      🤣🤣🤣, Donald Sutherland as oddball in kelly’s Hero’s, but yeah oddball post and athletico against Jürgen’s hero’s..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #116: Dec 17, 2019 09:20:34 am
      I honestly don't understand why everyone is getting so jittery about Atletico Madrid, a team who lost 2 and drew 1 of their games in a far easier group than ours.
      In La Liga they are currently in 5th place having scored just 18 goals and conceded 10, but I bet they haven't faced many teams like us, in fact when they faced Barcelona at home a few weeks back and lost 1-0.

They are not an easy opponent and they have a good defence but we have an outstanding attack and are a better team overall, certainly over 2 legs.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #117: Dec 17, 2019 10:01:14 am
      The draw could've been better, could've been worse.
      Going to have to play good sides along the way and we're no slouches ourselves.
      Looking forward to it already, but gonna have to wait :)
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #118: Dec 17, 2019 10:14:22 am

We are outstanding, this season and things are going to get better, when we win the title.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #119: Dec 17, 2019 11:40:46 am
      Well said. You’re absolutely right. We didn’t deserve anything all these years except that we were lucky in everything we did. Strangely people are hoping that our luck runs out. For some unexplained reason, our luck hasn’t ran out.

Yeah agree totally, we are a really sh*te side that overachieved. That really hurts those who want to see us fail. If you agree that we are sh*te, you’ll have to agree that we outperformed. Either we’re really good or we outperformed. Either way, we write our own luck.

It’s all hard work.
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2019 11:45:25 am by ruthcity »
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #120: Dec 17, 2019 12:55:16 pm
      I honestly don't understand why everyone is getting so jittery about Atletico Madrid, a team who lost 2 and drew 1 of their games in a far easier group than ours.
      In La Liga they are currently in 5th place having scored just 18 goals and conceded 10, but I bet they haven't faced many teams like us, in fact when they faced Barcelona at home a few weeks back and lost 1-0.

They are not an easy opponent and they have a good defence but we have an outstanding attack and are a better team overall, certainly over 2 legs.

Aye lad, and they're certainly not the same force they were when they made the final twice.

No easy task mind you, but one of the easier games I would say.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #121: Dec 17, 2019 01:29:07 pm

Is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #122: Dec 19, 2019 11:21:33 pm
      Quote from billythered
      It's a good draw for me, a stern test and one over two legs will see us go through, AM although still a very good side hasn't got the bite it had when Greizeman was there,
      Again, they will be worried more about us, no one would have wanted us so they drawn the short straw,

No doubt Simeone will have them fired up and fully motivated we shouldn't expect anything less from him, His side's like to attack which suits us to a tee, and tactically he's not on the same level as Jürgen,

Can't see anything other than another win for us in both legs although it will not be easy, not by any stretch.

YNWA

For a minute there I thought you were making it look a walk in the park.

After Real, this was the one I didn't want. With a 40% chance of getting a team from Madrid though, it was likely we would get one of them. It is a very difficult draw against a side we've never beaten. Simeone loves to nick a goal then shut up shop. It almost worked last year when they beat Juventus 2-0 at home. Juve just set Ronaldo on them in the return leg, and he ran amok.

Last competitive game against them in Europe was the game in the UEFA Cup semi 10 years ago. Anyway some big volcano woke up, and we had to get there by planes trains and automobiles. Lost the away game, then lost the tie on away goals, after extra time. So now is a good time to go and settle a score.

But it does show again why it's important to finish top of the group. The other team that qualified from our group, got Barcelona away in the second leg. Thankfully it wasn't us.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #123: Dec 20, 2019 07:56:07 pm

.....  of this world the way we are playing.

At least they haven't got Greaseman anymore but still some useful players and Simeone my second choice of manager if we hadn't got Jürgen.  Thank God we did.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #124: Dec 20, 2019 11:26:32 pm

Imagine being in a world where the team you apparently support make back to back CL finals, winning one of them and knocking out the likes of City, Bayern and Barca and this being the view on our draw against the team currently about 5th in La Liga, lost their best player and not being an overly attacking team.

What a world we live in, you would think that coming back from 3-0 down vs Barca, last years favourites to win it would have taught people if there is one thing you don’t do is write us off...especially 2months before the first leg even takes place.

Obviously I’m missing something like.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #125: Dec 21, 2019 06:25:04 am
      I see that a bunch of you are giving a wild ride to this fella benladdie so i will try and stay away from it, i just cant understand why would someone say that after all that we have been through in the last couple of years, and after we have shown to the world that there is nobody who could dominate us...

This is going to be hell of a tough match but signing us off like that two months before the kick off, come on... :thumbsdown3:

Quick Reply