Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Klopp Signs New Contract

Read 7028 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Re: Klopp Signs New Contract
      Reply #69: Dec 13, 2019 10:42:57 pm
      So by the time the current contract is up he'll be our longest serving manager since Bob.

But a lot of things could of changed between now and 2024, including the length of Jürgen's contract which could easily of been extended to 2030 by then.

Let's just enjoy the ride while we can because Jürgen has taken us on one F***ing boss ride so far.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #70: Dec 14, 2019 12:52:58 am
      Prediction: at the end of Klopps reign league titles 21

A lot can change in football and I understand just because we are the best team in the world now does not mean it will be the same next year but I do feel the position the club is in going forward in terms of the financial side of things with our profits and the Nike stuff these expansions of anfield and all that it really is our time to dominant and Klopp is definitely the most likely man to deliver that dominance.

Pep won’t be at City this time next year i also feel
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #71: Dec 14, 2019 12:59:19 am

Pep won’t be at City this time next year i also feel

Yeh I got a feeling too Pep is thinking how we can get out of Manchester and control damage limitations to his legacy.   
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #72: Dec 14, 2019 01:05:53 am
      Yeh I got a feeling too Pep is thinking how we can get out of Manchester and control damage limitations to his legacy.

He has a great legacy his style is great and recognised universally in the sport and his motivation is surreal. I do think though the inability to win the CL with a club backed by an oil rig coupled with the emergence of Liverpool as the best team in the country might make him reconsider sooner rather than later. Juventus maybe ? Or back to Barca or Bayern ?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #73: Dec 14, 2019 01:21:48 am
      As the boss put it not everyone is going to be happy , nah but us lot are doing feckin cartwheels , come on Jürgen let’s just add to the dynasty .
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #74: Dec 14, 2019 01:55:02 am
      He has a great legacy his style is great and recognised universally in the sport and his motivation is surreal. I do think though the inability to win the CL with a club backed by an oil rig coupled with the emergence of Liverpool as the best team in the country might make him reconsider sooner rather than later. Juventus maybe ? Or back to Barca or Bayern ?

I think if he leaves this season he might think that another go at Barca might be the best option to keep his legacy.   Something like homesick need to go back to my home club.  Just think that would be the best route for him to make a runner from Manchester this season.  Going to another country I think he may wait till he gets sacked or end of next season.   Whiles sacking looks far off at the moment he has shown signs of crumbling waving the white flag in Europe surely must not be going down to well to the people have invested billiions.   Just my thoughts.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #75: Dec 14, 2019 02:39:42 am
      Fantastic news. Made me think about how the squad are going to look like by the summer 2024 when his contract expires. Millie, Lallana, Lovren and a few more would be certainly gone. The vast majority of our current first team would be over 30 by then including Robbo. Naby and Divock would be 29, TAA almost 27.

I’m so excited to see what plans Jürgen has in his mind and what sort of team he is going to leave us here before he eventually moves on.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #76: Dec 14, 2019 02:47:14 am
      :scarf:
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #77: Dec 14, 2019 06:24:18 am
      I am so happy for this, i hope he will stay here and enjoy in so many trophies in the years to come.
      Thanks boss, best of luck.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #78: Dec 14, 2019 07:20:00 am
      On my Daughters Birthday! Best news to wake up to. Posted the opening post video of The Gaffer on Facebook to my Daughter as her birthday present! 😂😂😂
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #79: Dec 14, 2019 10:50:05 pm
      Just realised I've not commented on this yet!

The best news we could have hoped for! I was worried sick the last few months, convinced that he had set his sights on finishing up once his current contract finished. To have given us a few more years is just wonderful news.

The last few years he's shown an ability to transform tactics and teams whether it was setting out initially to gegenpress the hell out the opposition on a ferocious, supersonic attack or the more methodical, measured style of play which has become more of the norm the last 18 months. He'll continue to shape us, mould us and make us the opposition's nightmare.

And fair play to the owners for showing the vision and desire to build off the field which could only have convinced Jürgen more. We've got the new training complex at Kirkby where youth and senior matters will be firmly fused together of which Jürgen will revel in I'm sure. And of course there is the continued development of Anfield.

Jürgen knows that this is a club making serious moves and that it's not ready to stop growing anytime soon.

These really are the best of times.
      LFCBooth
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #80: Dec 15, 2019 08:31:31 am
      Time to pay tribute to the best Manager in the league. How about this to the tune of black velvet band

Liverpool are ma-king history
      with a front three nobody can stop
      Firmino Salah and Ma-ne
      In team built by Ju-rgen Klopp

The Liverpool team just gets stronger
      While the Mancs continue to flop
      Pep and Ole are F***ing sh*t
      when compared to Ju-rgen Klopp

He's built the best red squad ever
      heroes one and all to the kop
      we've made him a honouree scouser
      Danke schoen Ju-rgen Klopp