Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Alisson
      13 (16.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      4 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      52 (65.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      6 (7.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.3%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Dec 18, 2019 02:22:55 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16566 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Dec 15, 2019 04:46:54 pm
      Three points is all that matters. Don't care how. Although I'm sure the perfectionists would be unhappy that Mo didn't get 100% goals to shots ratio. :f_tongueincheek:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #369: Dec 16, 2019 12:31:43 am
      First trip to Anfield in yonks... last minute arrangements.

Got a seat in the Anfield Road end .... that wind was f .... ing keen blowing in off the Irish sea.

Thought we were a bit flat .... were our eyes on Qatar mid week and not picking up  any injuries?

Watford came out to play.  A  few heart in mouths moments.

It was great to be back in town.

3 points job done.

Bobby brilliant as usual.

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2019 12:35:53 am by MIRO »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #370: Dec 18, 2019 03:59:31 pm
      Quote from Rush
      For me, that convinced me VAR is killing the game.

I'd rather be wrong now and again and keep the flow of the game, you know - like we did for the last 100+ years of football.

No you wouldn't rather be wrong. When refs made wrong decisions in the past, the first thing we did was blame them for it. All of us, me included.

If you want the game as it was for the last 100 years, then fine. Have us playing in blue and white, in a tiny Anfield. With no advertising, no European football, no foreign players, managers or owners. A world where nobody costs 100 million quid, nor earns 300k a week. A world where we play in the Second Division, and we play 42 league games per year, we play on Christmas Day, there are no yellow or red cards, and there are no substitutions. There is no tv coverage, no cameras, and everyone goes to games in bowler hats.

If you want football as it was over the last 100 years, that's what you do. Assuming that's not practical, we can't do it. This is football at the highest level in 2019 where ref mistakes cost millions and ruin seasons. So we now have a back up system to check them, and correct them. And because of it, we have 49 points now instead of just 45.

Quote from WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      Get innnn!
      VAR is killing the game it was worth trying it out it’s so clear it’s terrible they won’t make an easier call than salahs second goal about 7 yards onside over the defender on the ground and they took the best part of a minute to decide

Apparantly him on the ground doesn't count as he is out of play, which made it a much tighter call. Considering we got done at Watford 2 years ago by 2 offside goals that cost us 2 points, it's good to know that only valid goals count these days.

We watch the game for two hours, another minute to get a big decision right isn't going to hurt anyone.

Quote from FL Red
      Didn’t think we were as poor as some say. Not sure how VAR can overturn that goal when it was literally millimeters. I thought VARs purpose was to determine if there was a refereeing error. Call on the pitch was goal? So to me it should have stood. It wasn’t a clear and obvious error.

Offsides are not clear and obvious. Offsides are zero tolerance. The lines are drawn to show us all whether the goal should stand or not.

Quote from JD
      Last year I said to enjoy the 97 points as we'd never ever get that again.

Starting to reconsider.

Although I don't think anywhere near that is going to be required.

I fully expected us to get a minimum of 90 points, the team is more than capable of it. That's what you need to win a league in this era. Anything more than that is a bonus.

The game was similar to the Fulham game at home last year. Scrappy game, poor performance, rode our luck at times, got a counter attack goal before half time and a tap in after it. The offside decisions were spot on, so I've no complaints. The crowd deserve credit for their patience and restraint while the reviews took place. That is how it should be in every ground.

Despite the poor performance, we have a first clean sheet at home this season, our third in 3 games, and stretch our lead at the top. Now it's off to Doha to be crowned World Champions for the very first time.

We hope.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #371: Dec 18, 2019 05:08:16 pm
      If you want the game as it was for the last 100 years, then fine. Have us playing in blue and white, in a tiny Anfield. With no advertising, no European football, no foreign players, managers or owners. A world where nobody costs 100 million quid, nor earns 300k a week. A world where we play in the Second Division, and we play 42 league games per year, we play on Christmas Day, there are no yellow or red cards, and there are no substitutions. There is no tv coverage, no cameras, and everyone goes to games in bowler hats.

If you want football as it was over the last 100 years, that's what you do. Assuming that's not practical, we can't do it. This is football at the highest level in 2019 where ref mistakes cost millions and ruin seasons. So we now have a back up system to check them, and correct them. And because of it, we have 49 points now instead of just 45.

What an absolute load of sh*te!! Stop talking out of your arse la

Quick Reply