Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Neco Williams Player Thread (Liverpool > Nottingham Forest)

Read 23741 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Neco Williams Player Thread (on loan at Fulham)
      Reply #161: Jun 07, 2022 06:33:32 pm
      plays well for Wales and has had a good season on loan still time to develop further hope he stays and improves just like Robbo who was nowhere at a similar age .
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #162: Jun 07, 2022 07:41:05 pm
      plays well for Wales and has had a good season on loan still time to develop further hope he stays and improves just like Robbo who was nowhere at a similar age .

I’d sell him now mate, get the best price possible. I don’t personally think he will ever reach the level required for LFC do a 15-20 million price would be great business if the club can get it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,257 posts | 6365 
      Reply #163: Jun 07, 2022 07:47:27 pm
      I’d sell him now mate, get the best price possible. I don’t personally think he will ever reach the level required for LFC do a 15-20 million price would be great business if the club can get it.

I'd tear someone's arm off shaking on that deal.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #164: Jun 07, 2022 08:18:03 pm

we would have probably said the same about Robbo at his age some players need more time to develop even Mo was 26 or 27 before he found his Mojo
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #165: Jun 07, 2022 08:53:17 pm
      If we are signing that lad from Aberdeen(?) then it probably means Williams is allowed to leave.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #166: Jun 07, 2022 08:55:19 pm
      we would have probably said the same about Robbo at his age some players need more time to develop even Mo was 26 or 27 before he found his Mojo

Very true but for me, Williams has a touch of Moreno about him as defender. He’s quite clumsy, seems to be wrong side quite often and out of position. He looks bright going forward at times but we’re playing at such a level now. I think he’ll be a lower prem or top end of the championship player.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 827 posts | 298 
      Reply #167: Jun 07, 2022 10:21:27 pm
      He's only about 3 years younger than Trent and I think Trent probably can play another 400+ games for the club, assuming he does not have a serious injury.
      I like Neco but he has to leave to play regular football. At Liverpool he's waiting for Trent to  break down while starting 10-15 games against weaker teams. He's also got the World Cup this season. Wales will probably pick him even if he's sitting on our bench but that will probably encourage him to leave.
      He should probably ask to leave and I hope he can have a good career at Fulham or similar team at the bottom end of the Prem.

Maybe a buy back option could be considered but I don't think we have ever done that with the young players that leave.

Quick Reply