Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 50328 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #92: Jan 02, 2020 10:48:22 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #93: Jan 02, 2020 11:29:11 am
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #94: Jan 02, 2020 12:19:48 pm
      I love how he is willing to use either foot. Makes him a more difficult proposition to deal with.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #95: Jan 02, 2020 02:14:56 pm
      I said that a lot on youtube, but they all belittled me.

No belittling here, but why do we need to replace Coutinho? We've been a force of nature since we sold him. No questioning his ability and of course he scored some stunning goals for us, but what is it about what Phil did/does that we have been missing for the past two calendar years?

Looks like he still hasn't found his way at his 2nd club since spoiling for a transfer from Liverpool:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsanderson/2019/11/17/in-steep-decline-what-has-happened-to-fc-barcelonas-philippe-coutinho-for-bayern-munich-and-brazil/#df9c3bd57821
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #96: Jan 02, 2020 04:37:45 pm
      No belittling here, but why do we need to replace Coutinho? We've been a force of nature since we sold him. No questioning his ability and of course he scored some stunning goals for us, but what is it about what Phil did/does that we have been missing for the past two calendar years?

Looks like he still hasn't found his way at his 2nd club since spoiling for a transfer from Liverpool:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomsanderson/2019/11/17/in-steep-decline-what-has-happened-to-fc-barcelonas-philippe-coutinho-for-bayern-munich-and-brazil/#df9c3bd57821

remember all the doom and gloom merchants when Couthino left 2 CL finals later 98 points this year from 36 league games with 1 defeat he is possibly the least missed player ever.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #97: Jan 02, 2020 06:06:44 pm

It's the mentality of replacing like for like, instead of understanding that squads, teams and systems evolve over time.

"Coutinho's replacement" is pretty much the most fatuous comment I've seen in a while.

Minamino, who I've been calling "minime" will be his own man, and play his own style, with a bit of Klopping thrown in for good measure.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #98: Jan 02, 2020 06:13:02 pm
      It's the mentality of replacing like for like, instead of understanding that squads, teams and systems evolve over time.

"Coutinho's replacement" is pretty much the most fatuous comment I've seen in a while.

Minamino, who I've been calling "minime" will be his own man, and play his own style, with a bit of Klopping thrown in for good measure.

the Klopping bit is probably the difficult bit I think he is ruthless in having players mentality right and it takes time look at Robbo and Fab and lok at how god they are now.  It really is a no risk signing with this lad though and Klopp seems more than happy to have him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #99: Jan 02, 2020 06:59:04 pm
      Far from a replacement for Coutinho, to replace Coutinho we’d have to go backwards because in the long run, his replacement has been to develop our game and change the way we play. There is no Coutinho type role in this team anymore and we are better off for it.
      The Coutinho type role became a thing of the past for this team the second the fool thought the grass was greener, where he could win trophies etc.

Minamino has the potential to add another dimension to our game and enhance our flexibility in attack.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #100: Jan 03, 2020 06:52:24 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #101: Jan 03, 2020 02:36:51 pm
      I have this weird feeling this kid is going to turn into the next Mane.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #102: Jan 03, 2020 05:12:51 pm
      Does anyone know if the Japanese do the player fanboy type thing? Was talking to a guy yesterday said there were loads of asians at the offi bar in Boston.No clue if they always get loads or what loads actually consists of!But just wondering.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #103: Jan 03, 2020 09:01:43 pm
      Does anyone know if the Japanese do the player fanboy type thing? Was talking to a guy yesterday said there were loads of asians at the offi bar in Boston.No clue if they always get loads or what loads actually consists of!But just wondering.

Not sure what you mean by "player fanboy thing?"

I've noticed that Japanese players in American baseball and pro golf seem to have this flood of media following their every move. I was at the U.S. Open once and group after group would play though with no media or maybe one media person following them, then when Hideki Matsuyama's group came through he has 3 TV cameras, 5 still photographers and 5 other reporters inside the gallery ropes chronicling his every move. Same with certain baseball players.

I see the club are capitalizing on the interest with a second training video from the same session (which was actually a better video - notice the Inside Anfield vid from yesterday was also better, not just showing us the very same thing).

I am looking forward to seeing him in action Sunday.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #104: Jan 03, 2020 10:49:16 pm
      Hoping to get a closer look at this lad this weekend.
      Squad starting to thin out, so might need to hit the ground running ... in a derby.
      Welcome to LFC !!! :)
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #105: Jan 04, 2020 10:05:57 am
      I have this weird feeling this kid is going to turn into the next Mane.

Minamane...I copyright that.
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #106: Jan 04, 2020 11:41:18 am

I will prefer to just call him Takumi
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #107: Jan 04, 2020 11:46:43 am

Front 3 of MinaManeMo
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #108: Jan 04, 2020 12:11:35 pm
      Could we see a front three of Minamino, Origi and Brewster?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #109: Jan 04, 2020 03:40:15 pm
      Not sure what you mean by "player fanboy thing?"

I've noticed that Japanese players in American baseball and pro golf seem to have this flood of media following their every move. I was at the U.S. Open once and group after group would play though with no media or maybe one media person following them, then when Hideki Matsuyama's group came through he has 3 TV cameras, 5 still photographers and 5 other reporters inside the gallery ropes chronicling his every move. Same with certain baseball players.

I see the club are capitalizing on the interest with a second training video from the same session (which was actually a better video - notice the Inside Anfield vid from yesterday was also better, not just showing us the very same thing). 

I am looking forward to seeing him in action Sunday.

Yep thats the kinda thing.People that don't really give a F**k about liverpool but latch on,like people do here cos of red sox and or Pulisic at CFC or even Salah.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #110: Jan 04, 2020 04:27:08 pm

Yep thats the kinda thing.People that don't really give a f**k about liverpool but latch on,like people do here cos of red sox and or Pulisic at CFC or even Salah.

Who cares how people become fans of this club, the more the merrier I say.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #111: Jan 04, 2020 05:54:24 pm

Yep thats the kinda thing.People that don't really give a f**k about liverpool but latch on,like people do here cos of red sox and or Pulisic at CFC or even Salah.

Oh I see. Yeah I bet they do. I even remember that for Clint Dempsey at Fulham and Kasey Keller at Leicester in the 90s. Then when those guys leave....nothing.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #112: Jan 05, 2020 06:48:49 pm
      Excellent debut.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #113: Jan 05, 2020 06:58:51 pm
      Minamino will be thinking I have got to get past these kids before I  can even get close to the first team but he did so well today playing in somewhat strange circumstances
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #114: Jan 05, 2020 08:07:00 pm
      Can't wait to see him link up with Firmino and or the test of our front three.

Quick Reply