Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Burnley [Premier League] Sat 11th Jul @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 9th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Takumi Minamino Player Thread

Read 7381 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 592 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #125: Jan 24, 2020 09:18:19 am
      Straight in at the deep end last night. Can't argue with his work rate and technically he looks decent.

One thing I will say though is I expect him to bulk up between now and next season. With the nature of the league I think he'll need to add a bit more strength to his game and Klopp likes his players to have that physical edge. Just look at Origi before Klopp came compared to now, barely recognizable.

So I expect him to put on a few pounds to help him hold off defenders like we see Salah, Mane & Firmino doing on a regular basis
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2020 09:31:25 am by TameImpala »
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,214 posts | 2332 
      Reply #126: Jan 24, 2020 09:23:16 am
      I actually thought he did ok in a very very tough first game, he obviously doesn't have the understanding yet with the other players but he linked up ok'ish and could even have got a goal if Greedy Mo had passed him the ball when he was wide open.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,433 posts | 4473 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #127: Jan 24, 2020 12:32:30 pm
      Was playing with an injury last night. Thought he done well enough, good shift defensively too.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 2424 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #128: Jan 24, 2020 02:32:49 pm
      I was not fussed but I wasn't with Fabinho and Firmino. He got slightly injured too so I'm not judging but needs to improve to claim a place in starting XI.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,634 posts | 1454 
      Reply #129: Jan 24, 2020 08:51:34 pm
      I was not fussed but I wasn't with Fabinho and Firmino. He got slightly injured too so I'm not judging but needs to improve to claim a place in starting XI.

What is the injury. You say he picked it up during the match?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,433 posts | 4473 
      Reply #130: Jan 24, 2020 09:36:57 pm
      What is the injury. You say he picked it up during the match?

Calf, had treatment on it at half time.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,468 posts | 663 
      Reply #131: Jan 24, 2020 09:39:04 pm

You’re not judging but he needs to improve  :mad:
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,044 posts | 106 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #132: Jan 24, 2020 10:11:21 pm
      I think it was a Premiership debut to forget, looked a bit like he wasn't use to the pace and physical play in the game and never offered my of a threat on the game. Early days for him yet, I don't expect him to feature much other than off the bench this season but maybe have the league wrapped up he will get the odd start here or there given we are in the UCL.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,766 posts | 536 
      Reply #133: Jan 25, 2020 07:42:31 am
      Calf, had treatment on it at half time.
      Thought Klopp was just saying he was feeling his calves rather than any particular injury, but might have misheard.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,433 posts | 4473 
      Reply #134: Jan 25, 2020 12:50:47 pm
      Thought Klopp was just saying he was feeling his calves rather than any particular injury, but might have misheard.

Wouldn’t have had treatment on them if there wasn’t some sort of issue, whether that’s just a minor thing or not, he wasn’t at his best physically.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,760 posts | 4473 
      Reply #135: Jan 25, 2020 01:15:57 pm
      Just don't let him suggest buying any Corona for the rest of the team!! :laugh:
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 2424 
      Reply #136: Jan 25, 2020 03:06:56 pm

You’re not judging but he needs to improve  :mad:

I'm not saying he's not a good signing but if he wants to be in starting XI, he needs to improve a lot.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,512 posts | 363 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #137: Jan 25, 2020 03:12:35 pm
      I'm not saying he's not a good signing but if he wants to be in starting XI, he needs to improve a lot.

Like Fabinho, Robertson, Gini, Ox, Henderson, Trent etc. and many before him, I have no doubt this will come with time under Klopp.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,433 posts | 4473 
      Reply #138: Jan 25, 2020 03:13:27 pm

He’s been at the club for 3 weeks mate, think it’s a bit early to be saying things like this. It’s hardly like he stunk the place out. He was no better and no worse than the majority of the team vs Wolves.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 2424 
      Reply #139: Jan 25, 2020 03:35:48 pm
      At the moment, our front trinity won't lose any sleep with Minamino on the bench. However, many of you are taking my observation wrongly. He will become good but needs to improve that's all.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,468 posts | 663 
      Reply #140: Jan 25, 2020 04:13:38 pm

Improve from what ? He has played 70 mins with the main team ffs - give the guy a break and maybe after 10 games or so you can bring out statements like “needs to improve”
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 2424 
      Reply #141: Jan 25, 2020 04:50:57 pm
      Improve from what ? He has played 70 mins with the main team ffs - give the guy a break and maybe after 10 games or so you can bring out statements like “needs to improve”

He needs to show more his character in the sense, he needs to stamp his style and be confident doing it.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,512 posts | 363 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #142: Jan 25, 2020 04:54:23 pm
      At the moment, our front trinity won't lose any sleep with Minamino on the bench. However, many of you are taking my observation wrongly. He will become good but needs to improve that's all.

I think no player at this moment in time would make our trinity lose sleep, that's a testament to their form together more than the player on the bench, in this case, Minamino.

He needs to adapt rather than improve and most importantly given time to adapt.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 2424 
      Reply #143: Jan 25, 2020 04:59:07 pm
      I think no player at this moment in time would make our trinity lose sleep, that's a testament to their form together more than the player on the bench, in this case, Minamino.

He needs to adapt rather than improve and most importantly given time to adapt.

I agree. He needs to stamp his authority. He looks a little afraid to play. Come on Tak.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,578 posts | 2856 
      Reply #144: Jan 25, 2020 06:12:52 pm
      I agree. He needs to stamp his authority. He looks a little afraid to play. Come on Tak.

Think it's just a case of him leaning our style mate.

Give him time to settle properly, and he'll be fine.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,760 posts | 4473 
      Reply #145: Jan 25, 2020 06:59:35 pm
      He needs to show more his character in the sense, he needs to stamp his style and be confident doing it.

It'll be the slowly, slowly approach bedding Taki into the team like Klopp's done with most of our new signings.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,433 posts | 4473 
      Reply #146: Jan 25, 2020 09:44:59 pm

Didn’t look that afraid when he was flicking the ball up over the head of a Wolves player and leaving him for dead within minutes of coming on. Or when he was busting a gut to get back and cover for the out of position Trent at RB and slowed the momentum of their attack.

Struggling to see what else would have been expected of him. He was tidy enough with the ball, played about 4 different positions and it was a tough game and opponent to come in against. The entire team was a bit lacklustre in attack, nobody was showing anything going forward for much of the 2nd half.

Solid debut IMO under the circumstances.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,487 posts | 3666 
      Reply #147: Jan 25, 2020 10:19:44 pm
      Anyone see his post game interview? I can’t find it now, but a lad on reddit translated the Japanese and it was really good. He candidly talked about his debut and what he did good and bad and how he needs to learn and work harder. He knows he won’t get a ton of playing time off the bat and he’s ok with that because he has to prove himself. It was really good stuff and it highlights the type of mentality Klopp is looking for in his players I believe. This kid will turn out just fine for us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,680 posts | 1621 
      Reply #148: Jan 25, 2020 11:58:10 pm
      It'll be the slowly, slowly approach bedding Taki into the team like Klopp's done with most of our new signings.

Yeah had it all before with the likes of Robbo and Fab where you think 'what's this bloke all about?' Then all of a sudden its BOOM.

That's why I wouldn't necessarily reccomend he be the immediate replacement to Mane when Origi can just slot in there while Minamino learns his role in the side on the training ground.

I want to see him tomorrow though, great chance to bag a few.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 2424 
      Reply #149: Jan 26, 2020 05:53:38 am
      Didn’t look that afraid when he was flicking the ball up over the head of a Wolves player and leaving him for dead within minutes of coming on. Or when he was busting a gut to get back and cover for the out of position Trent at RB and slowed the momentum of their attack.

Struggling to see what else would have been expected of him. He was tidy enough with the ball, played about 4 different positions and it was a tough game and opponent to come in against. The entire team was a bit lacklustre in attack, nobody was showing anything going forward for much of the 2nd half.

Solid debut IMO under the circumstances.

He was lucky with that touch, it was miss control :D However, I agree with the argument that our attack lacked effort too.

I think, his calf was on his mind and his first league game too. Obviously, he only can improve from now on. YNWA Taki.

Quick Reply