Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sun 5th Jul @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Takumi Minamino Player Thread

Read 7348 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,503 posts | 363 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #175: Jan 29, 2020 11:45:28 pm
      He was never brought in to be a first-team player from the off, so not sure where all this urgency to judge him has come from.

When I think of Minamino I think of Robertson, Fabinho, Keita etc. players who were given weeks, months even in the background to get up to speed with the tactics and the fitness required to be an integral part of this squad, let's give him some time.

I personally think when he gets up to speed he will be a great player to take Firmino's role in the side, whenever he needs a rest or if he is playing off form.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,506 posts | 2417 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #176: Jan 31, 2020 07:24:34 pm
      He was never brought in to be a first-team player from the off, so not sure where all this urgency to judge him has come from.

When I think of Minamino I think of Robertson, Fabinho, Keita etc. players who were given weeks, months even in the background to get up to speed with the tactics and the fitness required to be an integral part of this squad, let's give him some time.

I personally think when he gets up to speed he will be a great player to take Firmino's role in the side, whenever he needs a rest or if he is playing off form.

He's long long way to replace Firmino and his influence on our team and play. On the other hand, he will learn from the best.
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,521 posts | 238 
      Reply #177: Jan 31, 2020 10:01:13 pm
      He's long long way to replace Firmino and his influence on our team and play. On the other hand, he will learn from the best.

Yeh but we have given him a short cut route.  Like Mane and Kieta he hasn't taken the middle stepping stone.  The guy needs time.  He is going to need to compete for time against the best front 3 in football that is a hard task for anyone.   It would be nice for him to make some important contributions in the later rounds of the champions League, an important goal an assist.  But he has time on his side still young.   We desperately need him to come good when Mane and Salah go on the African cup of nations that is about a year away. 
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,506 posts | 2417 
      Reply #178: Feb 01, 2020 01:29:27 pm
      Yeh but we have given him a short cut route.  Like Mane and Kieta he hasn't taken the middle stepping stone.  The guy needs time.  He is going to need to compete for time against the best front 3 in football that is a hard task for anyone.   It would be nice for him to make some important contributions in the later rounds of the champions League, an important goal an assist.  But he has time on his side still young.   We desperately need him to come good when Mane and Salah go on the African cup of nations that is about a year away. 

One year is enough for him to get to know his teammates. Come on Taki.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,462 posts | 3944 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #179: Feb 02, 2020 12:32:34 am
      Bloody Naby got in the way of him scoring his first.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,618 posts | 1449 
      Reply #180: Feb 02, 2020 05:06:25 am
      Bloody Naby got in the way of him scoring his first.

Thought it was the other way around.
       :)
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,506 posts | 2417 
      Reply #181: Feb 02, 2020 09:20:11 am

Totally agree, Naby should have shot himself however Taki was afraid that he will catch Naby's feet. Can't fault him for the effort.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,161 posts | 2325 
      Reply #182: Feb 02, 2020 10:51:15 am
      Totally agree, Naby should have shot himself however Taki was afraid that he will catch Naby's feet. Can't fault him for the effort.

Yes it was a shame but he looks OK Minamino, just needs more time to integrate in the team, he'll be good.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,506 posts | 2417 
      Reply #183: Feb 02, 2020 11:00:28 am
      Yes it was a shame but he looks OK Minamino, just needs more time to integrate in the team, he'll be good.

He needs a Klopp's pre-season after him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,462 posts | 3944 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #184: Feb 03, 2020 03:06:43 am

No way, Taki was running on to it...watch it again, he either slightly gets put off by Naby and the defender or is was just a terrible shot! I think it was the former!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 73 
      Reply #185: Feb 03, 2020 06:13:08 am
      I hope he plays a similar role Coutinho had here, sometimes playing in the front 3 and sometimes in midfield. He seems to have the right attributes.

We all wish he turns out to become our Son.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,183 posts | 1538 
      Reply #186: Feb 03, 2020 07:31:54 am
      I hope he plays a similar role Coutinho had here, sometimes playing in the front 3 and sometimes in midfield. He seems to have the right attributes.

We all wish he turns out to become our Son.

I think that will be the week, he should bring some versatility to the forward positions. Initial impressions are they he is a tidy player who works hard. We have the luxury of not needing to rush him through as well as umpteen dead rubber epl games in the last month of the season for valuable minutes in the side
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,618 posts | 1449 
      Reply #187: Feb 13, 2020 02:29:31 pm
      Wasn't in that training video. Is he back on Merseyside after the break?
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #188: Mar 02, 2020 11:29:36 pm
      I hope he plays. I wanna see more from him. He could be what Lallana, Ox and Keita aren't: a creative offensive midfielder that can play deadly passes, kind of like KdB who's the best in this section along with Messi.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,161 posts | 2325 
      Reply #189: Mar 03, 2020 09:11:31 am
      I hope he plays. I wanna see more from him. He could be what Lallana, Ox and Keita aren't: a creative offensive midfielder that can play deadly passes, kind of like KdB who's the best in this section along with Messi.

I hadn't thought about that, could he be our AM going forwards?
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2020 10:01:39 am by heimdall »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,805 posts | 4805 
      Reply #190: Mar 04, 2020 08:49:45 am
      He could be what Lallana, Ox and Keita aren't: a creative offensive midfielder that can play deadly passes, kind of like KdB who's the best in this section along with Messi.

He threaded a good through ball to Mane on about 10 minutes.  Mane then got it horribly wrong.

If Sadio smashes that in the net then those little incidents are the things that can kick start your career.  Sadly it stayed 0-0 and Minamino had another disappointing game.  He looked miles away from players when trying to close them down - doubt we're going to see much of his talents during the rest of this campaign.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,161 posts | 2325 
      Reply #191: Mar 04, 2020 08:56:48 am
      He threaded a good through ball to Mane on about 10 minutes.  Mane then got it horribly wrong.

If Sadio smashes that in the net then those little incidents are the things that can kick start your career.  Sadly it stayed 0-0 and Minamino had another disappointing game.  He looked miles away from players when trying to close them down - doubt we're going to see much of his talents during the rest of this campaign.

Who was better in midfield Lallana or Minamino, because of the two I'd go with Minamino, Lallana was constantly losing the ball or committing stupid fouls. Yes Minamino is still a bit off the pace but I saw more than enough to get me excited nice link up play, good passing and link up, I think he'll be a very good player for us and I'd honestly play him in midfield for a few games, play him into the AM role, we desperately need more creativity there
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,507 posts | 751 
      Reply #192: Mar 04, 2020 05:21:43 pm

Maybe next year or after the title is wrapped up but miles off the pace at this moment.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,161 posts | 2325 
      Reply #193: Mar 04, 2020 05:32:05 pm

Maybe next year or after the title is wrapped up but miles off the pace at this moment.

What was your opinion of Lallana yesterday?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,181 posts | 425 
      Reply #194: Mar 04, 2020 05:37:38 pm
      He had a decent first half and then faded in the second, perhaps not helped by the lack of space as Chelsea dropped deeper. I liked how much he wanted the ball, from throw ins he was doing a passable imitation of Bobby.

Clearly needs to tune in with the rest of the team when it comes to the press, but that's a common theme amongst new signings.

Looking forward to seeing his development under Jürgen.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,123 posts | 1406 
      Reply #195: Mar 04, 2020 06:18:49 pm
      Who was better in midfield Lallana or Minamino, because of the two I'd go with Minamino, Lallana was constantly losing the ball or committing stupid fouls. Yes Minamino is still a bit off the pace but I saw more than enough to get me excited nice link up play, good passing and link up, I think he'll be a very good player for us and I'd honestly play him in midfield for a few games, play him into the AM role, we desperately need more creativity there

Minamino definitely has more potential than Lallana but but he needs to get to grips with the physicality of the PL which will take a few months.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,506 posts | 2417 
      Reply #196: Mar 04, 2020 06:25:30 pm
      Minamino hasn't impressed but he has good potential and skill. He needs a good pre-season.

Quick Reply