Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Community Shield] Sat 29th Aug @ 4:00 pm
      Wembley

Today is the 6th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W6 D2 L0

Takumi Minamino Player Thread

Read 8441 times
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 661 posts | 108 
      • Let's talk about six
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #200: Jul 15, 2020 11:24:36 pm
      He looked amazing tonight in the first fifteen minutes when he was subbed on, but then faded away. He has genius level speed in counter pressing, but might be redundant against inferior teams where we have all the ball. He's so slight that he can only take two touches before he is knocked off the ball.

Really? I thought he was quite poor. Thought Naby looked good and confident pushing forward with the ball. I know it’s early days and believe he will come good but have been a little disappointed with Minamino so far
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,485 posts | 2369 
      Reply #201: Jul 16, 2020 12:04:56 am
      Really? I thought he was quite poor. Thought Naby looked good and confident pushing forward with the ball. I know it’s early days and believe he will come good but have been a little disappointed with Minamino so far

I thought the opposite, I thought Keita was a bit quiet, probably pissed off at being behind Ox in the pecking order.
      Minamino has a lot of potential.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,094 posts | 117 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #202: Jul 16, 2020 05:34:58 am
      One thing notice from this game and the Everton one is he needs to be stronger on the ball when defenders engage him. He seems to be very easly pushed off the ball.

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,485 posts | 2369 
      Reply #203: Jul 16, 2020 08:36:20 am
      One thing notice from this game and the Everton one is he needs to be stronger on the ball when defenders engage him. He seems to be very easly pushed off the ball.

I agree and that's something he needs to work on, but I like his movement, for example when Mo headed the ball tamely back at the keeper late on he had Minamino is acres of space if he'd just headed it down.

I feel we have a real player here, I have a lot of optimism for him, just hope he gets a good amount of chances because Bobby is still infuriating in front of goal
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,510 posts | 680 
      Reply #204: Jul 16, 2020 01:45:55 pm
      I agree and that's something he needs to work on, but I like his movement, for example when Mo headed the ball tamely back at the keeper late on he had Minamino is acres of space if he'd just headed it down.

I feel we have a real player here, I have a lot of optimism for him, just hope he gets a good amount of chances because Bobby is still infuriating in front of goal

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Go and read back what you said about him when we didn’t get Werner - you dismissed him out of hand. And not you feel with “have a real player here”

Full of sh*te
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,485 posts | 2369 
      Reply #205: Jul 16, 2020 03:24:56 pm
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Go and read back what you said about him when we didn’t get Werner - you dismissed him out of hand. And not you feel with “have a real player here”

Full of sh*te

They play different positions, Minamino is not a wide forward like Salah or Mane, Werner could have been, Minamino is cover for Bobby and in my opinion I'd lie to see him given a run of games, but I also think he needs to bulk up a bit to become effective in the Prem.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,307 posts | 1454 
      Reply #206: Jul 16, 2020 03:41:02 pm
      They play different positions, Minamino is not a wide forward like Salah or Mane, Werner could have been, Minamino is cover for Bobby and in my opinion I'd lie to see him given a run of games, but I also think he needs to bulk up a bit to become effective in the Prem.

Yea I would like to see Minamino start the last two games now that we have nothing left to play for. He needs to adjust to the physicality of the PL to be effective cover for Bobby and only a run of games will get him there.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,601 posts | 4063 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #207: Jul 17, 2020 12:07:41 am
      Yea I would like to see Minamino start the last two games now that we have nothing left to play for. He needs to adjust to the physicality of the PL to be effective cover for Bobby and only a run of games will get him there.

Spot on, give him 2 full 90 mins games.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,616 posts | 716 
      Reply #208: Jul 17, 2020 09:54:47 am
      南野 拓実! Get in!

I'm training for my next live match post.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,292 posts | 132 
      Reply #209: Jul 17, 2020 10:07:10 am
      南野 拓実! Get in!

I'm training for my next live match post.
      ;D :ernaehrung004:
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,208 posts | 640 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #210: Jul 17, 2020 10:24:17 am
      2 League title medals in a single season (Salzburg & Liverpool). Don't think many people can say that!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,485 posts | 2369 
      Reply #211: Jul 17, 2020 10:48:37 am
      2 League title medals in a single season (Salzburg & Liverpool). Don't think many people can say that!

Not that he contributed very heavily to his second one ;-)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,563 posts | 383 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #212: Jul 19, 2020 10:35:05 am
      Looked good last time he was out and was impressed with his confidence to turn and take that shot on early minutes after coming on the pitch. Think a couple of games back he would of tried holding it up and pass it back instead of being so positive, so seems slowly slowly his confidence is rising.

I personally would also like to see him play the next two games, I think he could strike up quite the partnership with Naby, they both seem really forward thinking and both have very quick feet, something to watch out for.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,830 posts | 80 
      Reply #213: Jul 19, 2020 06:10:09 pm
      I think he would be of better use in no. 10 with Hendo and Fabinho behind him.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 113 
      Reply #214: Jul 26, 2020 06:41:41 pm
      Lots of very promising glimpses but nothing concrete to hold on to. It's often his last touch/decision that betrays him. He'll masterfully wiggle past 3 players and just not put enough power in a pass that would've freed the receiver in front of goal or he'll move well without the ball, nice first touch on the receive and put it just wide of the top corner.

I wonder if a goal would finally settle him and kinda just open the flood gates or is it a proper preseason that he needs? 
      Isaac!
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts | 15 
      Reply #215: Jul 26, 2020 06:56:08 pm
      He'll get better and better as he settles in. Looked awkward and on the sidelines during the title celebrations, like the only guy who doesn't know anyone at the party.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,485 posts | 2369 
      Reply #216: Jul 26, 2020 11:00:09 pm
      Lots of very promising glimpses but nothing concrete to hold on to. It's often his last touch/decision that betrays him. He'll masterfully wiggle past 3 players and just not put enough power in a pass that would've freed the receiver in front of goal or he'll move well without the ball, nice first touch on the receive and put it just wide of the top corner.

I wonder if a goal would finally settle him and kinda just open the flood gates or is it a proper preseason that he needs? 

I've seen enough to be convinced there's a good player there.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 113 
      Reply #217: Jul 27, 2020 02:04:01 am
      He'll get better and better as he settles in. Looked awkward and on the sidelines during the title celebrations, like the only guy who doesn't know anyone at the party.
      I've seen enough to be convinced there's a good player there.

You guys are right. A good preseason with chances to get on the pitch and just find his place on it without the added pressure of competitive games at the tail end of a tittle winning season + some more bonding with the team and he'll probably slot right into the squad.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,601 posts | 4063 
      Reply #218: Jul 27, 2020 03:35:30 am
      What a hit that was, gutted it was saved.

Would have been some 1st goal.

Quick Reply