Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 50172 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,471 posts | 1466 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #230: Oct 26, 2020 05:26:22 pm
      Even if he doesn’t end up being a superstar, for £7 million he is a decent squad player for the ‘easier’ games and will get you a few goals a season... plus he’s probably already made back his transfer fee in shirts and stuff across Asia... but yeah at the minute he’s a decent squad player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #231: Oct 26, 2020 06:16:59 pm
      Even if he doesn’t end up being a superstar, for £7 million he is a decent squad player for the ‘easier’ games and will get you a few goals a season... plus he’s probably already made back his transfer fee in shirts and stuff across Asia... but yeah at the minute he’s a decent squad player.

Even at the moment I'd say he is far better than Origi and I think he will only get better, he's improved a lot since he joined, some players just need more time to settle. Not sure what people are expecting from a 10 minute cameo at the end of a tight match. He was good against Ajax.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #232: Oct 27, 2020 04:33:38 pm
      Guys, how can he improve if he's on the bench almost all the time. He's a good sub to have, nothing more (not in a wrong way).
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #233: Oct 27, 2020 06:30:03 pm
      Guys, how can he improve if he's on the bench almost all the time. He's a good sub to have, nothing more (not in a wrong way).

I'd love to see him have a run of games, there's a good clever player there.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #234: Oct 27, 2020 07:27:21 pm
      Looking forward to watching him over 90 min
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4906 
      Reply #235: Oct 27, 2020 07:57:42 pm
      Looking forward to watching him over 90 min

Me too.

I think he's a quality footballer and could be a real asset for us.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #236: Oct 27, 2020 09:11:11 pm
      Me too.

I think he's a quality footballer and could be a real asset for us.

Playing absolute w*nk so far....

Hope he scores and makes me look a tit.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4906 
      Reply #237: Oct 27, 2020 09:24:23 pm
      Playing absolute w*nk so far....

Hope he scores and makes me look a tit.

Yep he was very poor.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #238: Oct 27, 2020 10:15:17 pm
      He had a poor game today but he wasn't alone.  He has shown improvements this season he is behind jota and ahead of Origi. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #239: Oct 27, 2020 10:21:10 pm
      He'll be ok. Give the boy some time.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #240: Oct 27, 2020 10:43:44 pm
      Not good tonight, control was poor, messing up chances to hit the target, not strong on the ball or in the challenge.
      Can't say he's not getting opportunities, but definitely not giving Jürgen much to think about, even with Firmino short on form.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #241: Oct 27, 2020 10:44:02 pm
      He had a poor game today but he wasn't alone.  He has shown improvements this season he is behind jota and ahead of Origi.

He's also ahead of Shaq. His asset is his diligence. As his agent I'd recommend him to be more relentless on the pitch, kind of what Robbo did once in a while - remember that chase run against City? If he can do that more often that could be his ticket into the team, otherwise he'll be a benchwarmer forever.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #242: Oct 27, 2020 10:46:45 pm
      Taki, Jotta and Origi all disappointed, but each of them would do a lot better if they represented only one change to the front three. Changing all of them is clearly going to weaken us significantly if only because they have barely played together.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #243: Oct 27, 2020 11:11:13 pm
      Just not good enough in my opinion, he really needs to take the opportunity when he's presented with it otherwise he will only ever be a squad player who Jürgen will only bring on if he's desperate.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #244: Oct 27, 2020 11:46:36 pm
      Just keeps stumbling, fumbling and bumbling just as you think he's about to do something out of this world!

Frustrating.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,992 posts | 223 
      Reply #245: Oct 27, 2020 11:50:55 pm
      just glad we only spent 7 mil
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #246: Oct 27, 2020 11:54:25 pm
      He's also ahead of Shaq. His asset is his diligence. As his agent I'd recommend him to be more relentless on the pitch, kind of what Robbo did once in a while - remember that chase run against City? If he can do that more often that could be his ticket into the team, otherwise he'll be a benchwarmer forever.

Yeh ahead of Shaq definitely for me at the moment.   Shaq for me is a luxury player.   For me He still has time Jota has leapfrogged him but he's got a couple of seasons of Premier league experience under his belt.   Minamino will come good just not quite there yet.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #247: Oct 28, 2020 12:41:26 pm

They play different positions, though. We use Minamino mainly as CF while Shaq is mainly in RM.

I don't expect Taki to become a regular starter on this team but he is definitely a very good sub, as we saw against Ajax. Yesterday was just a poor game for almost everyone.
      BAKER 57
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #248: Oct 28, 2020 02:04:48 pm
      Mniamino is worst player klopp has signed hopeless. Too fragile. Should never play again. Shocking. Sunday league standard.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 858 
      Reply #249: Oct 28, 2020 02:43:36 pm
      I feel like Taki  is a phenomenal player that suffers from the classic "needs experience to get a job but need a job to get experience".

He would benefit from starting 2-3 games in a row and play most of them like he did yesterday, just to build sharpness and understanding with the other players on the pitch.

Also not easy to look as sharp as the regulars when you're always called upon in situations where the starting 11 is significantly altered because that understanding takes time and it's hard when you never know who you're going to be playing with next time you're out there
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #250: Oct 29, 2020 03:26:24 pm
      As much as I want to see Takumi san has a success career here with us, and I'm Asian, I'm begun to worry for him. He seemed not rightly integrated to this team, and, I quietly believed he will never reach that expectation. Anyway, to make life easier, it's just my opinion  :) 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #251: Nov 28, 2020 10:45:14 pm
      Even though he was played out of position in the first half today and played slightly better in the second he has been extremely underwhelming so far.

Seems like a sell on player to me who we got on the cheap.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #252: Nov 29, 2020 04:18:56 pm
      I have to say he looked like Superman back then in Salzburg. But that shows you how relative things are. His problem is: he not only does not effect the game thru pressing or überhuman efforts, he also doesn't create any single Aw-moments like Shaq can do. He needs to run more, he needs to set the goal to run 2km more than any other player, that's his only ticket into this team.

Quick Reply