Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 49992 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #414: Dec 23, 2021 09:23:45 am
      A player there, but one who needs a run of proper game time, I dont think hes going to get that here
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #415: Dec 23, 2021 10:38:06 am
      Probably didn't have his best game yesterday, but scored the equalizer and we went through, so who cares?

One positive I noticed yesterday: he seems to be coming out of his shell, so to speak. After his goal, he joked with the other players and seemed to be really part of the group. He also argued with the ref at some point, which is something I don't remember ever seeing him do in previous games.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #416: Dec 23, 2021 12:25:15 pm
      Good goal, sh*t pen!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #417: Jan 13, 2022 10:00:56 pm
      Was awful tonight just don’t think he is good enough at our level.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #418: Jan 13, 2022 10:06:58 pm
      Time to cash in
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #419: Jan 13, 2022 10:08:07 pm
      Started brightly enough but faded and that miss was horrendous.

Good footballer but increasingly evident he doesn't fit into our side.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #420: Jan 13, 2022 10:18:19 pm

It was surprising as one thing he’s actually shown is decent composure. But yeah, he’s clearly not good enough really.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #421: Jan 14, 2022 01:22:25 am

If I'm putting up a defense for him I'd say that when you are only a bit player there's so much more pressure to convert every chance and that can lead to what we saw tonight. But I could be wrong and maybe he's just not the player we need. Which is sad because he seems like a good kid and he seems like he's got the toolset that Klopp wants.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #422: Jan 14, 2022 02:20:06 am
      If I'm putting up a defense for him I'd say that when you are only a bit player there's so much more pressure to convert every chance and that can lead to what we saw tonight. But I could be wrong and maybe he's just not the player we need. Which is sad because he seems like a good kid and he seems like he's got the toolset that Klopp wants.

Yea to think we could have got Haaland that January who had a 25m release clause instead of Taki. However the 7m was much more appealing to our carpet begging lot.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #423: Jan 14, 2022 07:31:19 am
      Yea to think we could have got Haaland that January who had a 25m release clause instead of Taki. However the 7m was much more appealing to our carpet begging lot.

Totally agree. Greed :(

Hope he scores on Sunday to keep up with City.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #424: Jan 16, 2022 11:38:39 pm
      Happy birthday Taki
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #425: Jan 17, 2022 04:07:32 pm
      Taki plays so damn hard. He really reminds me of Bobby, just without the touch and physicality. He sees all the link up play, he just usually fails to make it happen when he gets on the ball. Still, he presses his ass off to get that third goal, and he and Bobby play well together. Two maniacs scaring the sh*t out of any defender with a ball. We need him big time on Thursday l. I got a feeling he's going to play a big part in a win
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #426: Jan 17, 2022 04:57:29 pm
      Wonder what the future holds for Taki.  The fact that AOC started ahead of him against Brentford was another dodgy enough sign.  I'd have sold AOC years back, but would STILL probably have started him for that game aswell.
      Like Taki, but doesn't seem to have developed his game. Even as a squad guy, not sure much time he'll be given, you even look at Gordon and think he's not far off Taki's place.
      Maybe that's a bit harsh, but just feel he's really on the fringes now.  But with the lads still at AFCON, has some game time coming up so really hope he proves me wrong.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #427: Jan 17, 2022 06:15:53 pm
      Has Taki been deployed the way he was at Red Bull? Didn't watch him much there, just wondering if he's having a hard time learning to play a new position or if we've basically thrown him in the same way he played before. He just doesn't get a lot of games so who knows how comfortable he is. Would love nothing more than to see him flourish and really become a dangerous player.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #428: Jan 17, 2022 06:26:28 pm
      Taki plays so damn hard. He really reminds me of Bobby, just without the touch and physicality. He sees all the link up play, he just usually fails to make it happen when he gets on the ball. Still, he presses his ass off to get that third goal, and he and Bobby play well together. Two maniacs scaring the sh*t out of any defender with a ball. We need him big time on Thursday l. I got a feeling he's going to play a big part in a win

Yup, he made that 3rd goal happen.

In 7 league appearances (all subs) he has 2 goals, and I believe he has 4 goals and 1 assist in 4 starts. Not sure how much else people can ask/expect out of a 6th forward option.

I get he missed that sitter against Arse, but he has done just fine for what he is, a squad player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #429: Jan 17, 2022 06:33:17 pm
      Has Taki been deployed the way he was at Red Bull? Didn't watch him much there, just wondering if he's having a hard time learning to play a new position or if we've basically thrown him in the same way he played before. He just doesn't get a lot of games so who knows how comfortable he is. Would love nothing more than to see him flourish and really become a dangerous player.

Think he played more as a 10 there but anyone on here who watched him more than I did can help out here.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #430: Jan 17, 2022 07:03:05 pm
      Yup, he made that 3rd goal happen.

In 7 league appearances (all subs) he has 2 goals, and I believe he has 4 goals and 1 assist in 4 starts. Not sure how much else people can ask/expect out of a 6th forward option.

I get he missed that sitter against Arse, but he has done just fine for what he is, a squad player.

I'm with you. His production for a squad player has been great. Lot a production for the limited time. He took his finish in the Leicester game sublimely. Not as easy as he made it look. He isn't a first team starter, but he can contribute to this team, no doubt. If we're going to win trophies we will need the likes of him
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #431: Jan 17, 2022 07:53:11 pm
      I wonder if the prospect of not having Mo or Sadio in the team for the first time in 4  years or more (2017 apparently) weighed heavy on the lads trying to stand in as they are massive boots to fill.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #432: Jan 19, 2022 03:24:59 am
      Great Birthday present to Taki from Bobby.

Should have had 2 in 2 games tho. That miss!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,021 posts | 2089 
      Reply #433: Feb 06, 2022 02:08:05 pm
      Had a solid game today and a goal to boot. Not bad Taki.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #434: Feb 06, 2022 02:14:07 pm
      Had a solid game today and a goal to boot. Not bad Taki.

Grew into the game. Surprised we ended up taking him off but left on Bobby who had a bit of a nothing performance and played a massive part in us conceding.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #435: Feb 06, 2022 02:15:42 pm
      Maybe his ceiling was supposed to be higher, maybe not. But he's done very well as the 6th option and scored goals when given the opportunity.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #436: Feb 06, 2022 02:18:34 pm
      Maybe his ceiling was supposed to be higher, maybe not. But he's done very well as the 6th option and scored goals when given the opportunity.

He’s done ok by me, personally don’t think the system suits him

But you never sign someone to be a 6th choice, his overall ability and impact has put him there

Quick Reply