Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 50362 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #69: Dec 30, 2019 11:04:56 am
      ah but that is a different point, I 100% agree that Bobby is very important to the team, but I do not agree he should play as a lead striker, he's much better playing slightly behind Sadio and Mo.

So your assertion is that Bobby for us is more important than any other player in any other team in the world, that's a bit of a stretch isn't it, considering that we tend to play perfectly well without him? Even in our team I'd argue that Virgil is more key to us than Bobby is.

To be fair, we do often look flat and out of ideas without Bobby. We tend to cope well without Mane or Salah, but Bobby is the key to making our attack work.

I agree about VVD though. Gomez can and has played better games than VVD, but big guy's leadership and organisational abilities is just irreplaceable. Still a nice position to be in to say we have 3 or 4 "irreplaceable" players. Bobby, VVD, Alli, Fab and possibly young Trent now. We cope well without all, but not for a prolonged period I would say.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #70: Dec 30, 2019 11:50:12 am
      ah but that is a different point, I 100% agree that Bobby is very important to the team, but I do not agree he should play as a lead striker, he's much better playing slightly behind Sadio and Mo.

So your assertion is that Bobby for us is more important than any other player in any other team in the world, that's a bit of a stretch isn't it, considering that we tend to play perfectly well without him? Even in our team I'd argue that Virgil is more key to us than Bobby is.

Actually - his most prolific season in goalscoring terms he was played at the furthest forward but the point is he offers things through the middle no-one else can in terms of his strength and ability to move between the lines.

And what I actually said was that he offers more in "that position" than any other player in world football. Rendering your Virgil point redundant.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #71: Dec 30, 2019 12:42:12 pm

Welcome Minamino!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #72: Dec 30, 2019 01:36:09 pm
      Actually - his most prolific season in goalscoring terms he was played at the furthest forward but the point is he offers things through the middle no-one else can in terms of his strength and ability to move between the lines.

And what I actually said was that he offers more in "that position" than any other player in world football. Rendering your Virgil point redundant.

Klopp said pretty much the same thing last week, when Firmino spoke to him about not scoring enough.
      "With Bobby, goals are the least thing I worry about" or words to that effect.

Amazing that people cannot see he plays as a combined 8/10/9 (if you look at the "traditional roles" ) and knits the team together almost perfectly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #73: Dec 30, 2019 01:44:32 pm
      Klopp said pretty much the same thing last week, when Firmino spoke to him about not scoring enough.
      "With Bobby, goals are the least thing I worry about" or words to that effect.

Amazing that people cannot see he plays as a combined 8/10/9 (if you look at the "traditional roles" ) and knits the team together almost perfectly.

I can see that and agreed with you, my point was and still is that he should not play as the most advanced striker, its NOT his best position. Are you just determined to disagree with everything I say?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #74: Dec 30, 2019 02:04:15 pm
      I can see that and agreed with you, my point was and still is that he should not play as the most advanced striker, its NOT his best position. Are you just determined to disagree with everything I say?

But - statistically - it is.

Now, bearing in mind you started by referring to him as the least clinical striker it does seem rather closer to the mark that you, sir, are being deliberately obtuse.

To the point of inconsistency........giv en it's in that position he's performed most effectively by the "markers" you've set.

The point is that whether it's by pushing on or playing deeper.......Bobby still leads the line.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #75: Dec 30, 2019 02:58:21 pm
      Why can't he play v Sheffield united
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #76: Dec 30, 2019 04:53:37 pm
      Why can't he play v Sheffield united

Saw something online yesterday that said players signed on 1-2 January can't play in gameweek 21.

From the Premier League site:
      Please note that new players signed on 1-2 January will not be eligible for Matchweek 21's fixtures.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #77: Dec 30, 2019 05:16:22 pm
      Saw something online yesterday that said players signed on 1-2 January can't play in gameweek 21.

Please note that new players signed on 1-2 January will not be eligible for Matchweek 21's fixtures.

Cheers
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #78: Dec 30, 2019 06:07:45 pm

Yeah, mixed signals with this. Klopp saying he should be available for Sheffield United but reports of the rules stating otherwise.

fu**ed if I know.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #79: Dec 30, 2019 06:40:10 pm
      Yeah, mixed signals with this. Klopp saying he should be available for Sheffield United but reports of the rules stating otherwise.

F**ked if I know.

Processing the paperwork would probably mess with somebody's holiday at HQ.

In other words, no good reason.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #80: Dec 30, 2019 08:29:46 pm
      Just saw this from Melissa Reddy in The Independent:

"Jürgen Klopp will allow Takumi Minamino time to acclimatise to Liverpool’s methodology and the manager’s demands when he joins the club on January 1. 

The £7.25million signing from Red Bull Salzburg will link up with his title-chasing teammates at the turn of the year without unnecessary pressure to immediately adjust and perform.

The Japan international is already accustomed to an aggressive, high-pressing system with the Austrian champions employing such a style all through their age groups.

Minamino spent five years at Salzburg developing what Klopp listed as “his skills, decision-making in tight areas, speed and his desire to win the ball back in counter-press.”

Liverpool, however, have unique patterns to their attacking play and the 24-year-old will need to learn the combinations and have an automated understanding with the team.

Klopp has shown patience with new recruits, as evidenced with the easing in of players like Fabinho, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Andy Robertson.

“I would be happy even if he was only half as good as he is now,” the manager said when asked about what he expects from Minamino. “He could help us and he will help us. We will see how he quick it goes, but the way he plays is not too different to what we do.

“A lot of things he learned already at Salzburg, that makes it good for us. But we have a lot of things about our game different to what Salzburg are doing. What he is used to is more the defensive side of the style, but he is an offensive player. So offensively, how we can bring him into a situation where he can do things instinctively and not because we told him to do it?

“We speak every year about why a player is not in all the time – there is absolutely no pressure on him coming in January. This team is not struggling without him. We want extra quality with him –  different quality with him. He is a really good player and that’s what we got.

“We will see when from we can use him and at what point we see the 100 per cent Takumi. There is absolutely no pressure on the boy, because he has so many good things which can help us.”

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #81: Dec 31, 2019 03:47:40 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #82: Dec 31, 2019 03:52:48 pm

I hadn't considered that he'd be a German speaker, but of course it makes sense. I'd imagine his English is pretty good as well.

Can't wait until we have this lad up to speed, I'd still give him a game against the bitters, let him start his career as Virg did :-).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #83: Dec 31, 2019 04:11:01 pm
      Is it just me every time I see how players interact with each other I am struck by how genuine it all is they seem to really like each other.
      Jürgen has created a very tight knit family hasn't he.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #84: Dec 31, 2019 04:50:55 pm
      Is it just me every time I see how players interact with each other I am struck by how genuine it all is they seem to really like each other.

Exactly Walt, that's why when people scream for us to get xx player to fill xx perceived need most of the time it's not going to happen; got to be top class but also need to be able to fit into the group.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #85: Dec 31, 2019 05:19:21 pm
      Exactly Walt, that's why when people scream for us to get xx player to fill xx perceived need most of the time it's not going to happen; got to be top class but also need to be able to fit into the group.

Just look what happened with Collymore
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #86: Dec 31, 2019 06:55:28 pm
      24 months on, we’ve secured Coutinhos replacement.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #87: Dec 31, 2019 09:13:22 pm

I think this is just as important as anything else Klopp does. People perform at their best and are willing to go above and beyond what is asked when they feel comfortable in their situation and buy into the culture.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #88: Jan 01, 2020 11:20:14 am
      I think this is just as important as anything else Klopp does. People perform at their best and are willing to go above and beyond what is asked when they feel comfortable in their situation and buy into the culture.

Bob Paisley often commented on how no player "ruled the roost" in his time and he did OK
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #89: Jan 01, 2020 11:31:23 am
      Welcome lad . This boy will be awesome for us . Happy new year to all fellow reds
      Ynwa
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,241 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #90: Jan 01, 2020 06:37:56 pm
      Be good to see him play
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #91: Jan 02, 2020 12:22:30 am
      24 months on, we’ve secured Coutinhos replacement.

I said that a lot on youtube, but they all belittled me.

Quick Reply