Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 49415 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)
      Dec 19, 2019 07:59:22 am
      Happy with this. Very.

Welcome to the greatest club on the planet.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1207570768655245313?s=19

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1207572100350918657?s=19

Liverpool FC agree deal to sign Takumi Minamino

James Carroll@James_Carroll84

Liverpool Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with Red Bull Salzburg for the transfer of Takumi Minamino.

The Japan international forward will officially become a Reds player on January 1 after he finalised personal terms and passed a medical on Merseyside on Wednesday.

Minamino told Liverpoolfc.com: ā€œIt has been a dream, my dream to become a Liverpool player. And Iā€™m so excited that the moment has come true.

ā€œTo play in the Premier League was one of my targets. I think this is the top-class league in the world; I was thinking if my career as a footballer progressed smoothly, someday I would be able to play in the Premier League.

ā€œBut I never thought I would be able to play in this team and Iā€™m really happy about it. Iā€™m looking forward to it.ā€

Minamino has faced Liverpool twice this season while lining up for Salzburg in the Champions League group-stage encounters.

Indeed, the 24-year-old was on the scoresheet in the meeting at Anfield in October when he struck to help the Austrian side fight back from three goals down to draw level at 3-3 before Mohamed Salah netted a winner.

More recently, Minamino completed the 90 minutes for Salzburg as the Reds secured a place in the last 16 of the Champions League with a 2-0 victory at Red Bull Arena on December 10.

ā€œFrom those games I learned this team has such a high level of technique and intensity,ā€ he added.

ā€œTheir football is of such a high level and I did feel that they were the champions of the Champions League. Feeling that, it makes me feel even happier that I can play in this team. Iā€™m really happy to be part of that team.

ā€œMy target is to win the Premier League and the Champions League, and to make good contributions to the team.ā€

In moving to Anfield, he brings an end to his five-year spell with Die MozartstƤdter, whom he joined from Cerezo Osaka in January 2015.

In total, Minamino made 199 appearances for Salzburg, scoring 64 goals, while he has earned 22 caps for Japan and netted 11 times since making his debut in October 2015

Offal

« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2022 09:00:43 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #1: Dec 19, 2019 08:31:54 am
      'A wonderful signing' - JĆ¼rgen Klopp on Takumi Minamino

Chris Shaw@__ChrisShaw

JĆ¼rgen Klopp expects 'proper team player' Takumi Minamino to make a seamless transition to life at Liverpool after sealing his move from Red Bull Salzburg.

The Japan international will join the Reds on January 1, 2020 having completed a medical and signed a long-term contract with the European champions on Wednesday.

He will arrive at Anfield having won the Austrian title every year since he moved to Salzburg in 2015, scored 64 goals in 199 appearances, and caught the eye of the continent with his performances in this seasonā€™s Champions League ā€“ including a strike against Kloppā€™s team.

And the Liverpool manager believes Minaminoā€™s development at Salzburg, where Naby Keita and Sadio Mane also had spells earlier in their careers, makes him well-tuned to the requirements for the Reds.

ā€œThis is fabulous news ā€“ a wonderful signing. We are really, really happy about this,ā€ Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com.

ā€œOur supporters have had the chance to see him close up recently so I donā€™t need to sing too loudly about his qualities as they are already known.

ā€œTakumi is a very quick, very clever player, he finds space between the lines. He is brave with the ball but also brave without the ball ā€“ a proper team player. He makes the best of himself for the benefit of others.

ā€œHis Champions League experience is a big bonus and coming from the club and organisation he does, we know heā€™ll be well coached, used to an elite environment and had all the right experiences.

ā€œIt is fantastic work by our football operations team in how theyā€™ve handled this transfer. Michael Edwards and the team deserve a lot of credit.

ā€œItā€™s not hard to see why Salzburg is a favoured destination for players with real talent and hunger. From our experiences dealing with, and facing, Salzburg on and off the pitch in recent months, their reputation as a benchmark modern European club will only grow.

ā€œIā€™m sure all the Liverpool supporters will go out of their way to make Takumi feel at home in our amazing city and club.

ā€œI am also pretty sure as of now we have added to our numbers of the LFC family in Japan specifically. For those who follow us now because we have one of the countryā€™s most exciting talents, I say welcome ā€“ itā€™s a special club to be part of.ā€

Offal
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2: Dec 19, 2019 08:54:43 am
      He really looks the part in our kit doesn't he?

What an unexpected and exciting signing can't wait to see Takumi in action for us.

YNWA
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3: Dec 19, 2019 09:12:55 am
      Happy with this. Very.

Welcome to the greatest club on the planet.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1207570768655245313?s=19

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1207572100350918657?s=19

Liverpool FC agree deal to sign Takumi Minamino

James Carroll@James_Carroll84

Liverpool Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with Red Bull Salzburg for the transfer of Takumi Minamino.

The Japan international forward will officially become a Reds player on January 1 after he finalised personal terms and passed a medical on Merseyside on Wednesday.

Minamino told Liverpoolfc.com: ā€œIt has been a dream, my dream to become a Liverpool player. And Iā€™m so excited that the moment has come true.

ā€œTo play in the Premier League was one of my targets. I think this is the top-class league in the world; I was thinking if my career as a footballer progressed smoothly, someday I would be able to play in the Premier League.

ā€œBut I never thought I would be able to play in this team and Iā€™m really happy about it. Iā€™m looking forward to it.ā€

Minamino has faced Liverpool twice this season while lining up for Salzburg in the Champions League group-stage encounters.

Indeed, the 24-year-old was on the scoresheet in the meeting at Anfield in October when he struck to help the Austrian side fight back from three goals down to draw level at 3-3 before Mohamed Salah netted a winner.

More recently, Minamino completed the 90 minutes for Salzburg as the Reds secured a place in the last 16 of the Champions League with a 2-0 victory at Red Bull Arena on December 10.

ā€œFrom those games I learned this team has such a high level of technique and intensity,ā€ he added.

ā€œTheir football is of such a high level and I did feel that they were the champions of the Champions League. Feeling that, it makes me feel even happier that I can play in this team. Iā€™m really happy to be part of that team.

ā€œMy target is to win the Premier League and the Champions League, and to make good contributions to the team.ā€

In moving to Anfield, he brings an end to his five-year spell with Die MozartstƤdter, whom he joined from Cerezo Osaka in January 2015.

In total, Minamino made 199 appearances for Salzburg, scoring 64 goals, while he has earned 22 caps for Japan and netted 11 times since making his debut in October 2015

Offal

Me too mate. I think hes gonna be a superstar.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4: Dec 19, 2019 09:17:18 am
      Welcome Takumi to The Greatest Club on The Planet! Thrive!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5: Dec 19, 2019 09:22:51 am
      first of to our recruitment DEPT 10 out of 10 how did they pull this one off for Ā£7.5mil .
      Secondly looks every inch a Liverpool/JĆ¼rgen type of player he is going to be a perfect fit.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6: Dec 19, 2019 09:24:49 am
      Welcome to the the club..

Made up with this signing & cant wait to see Minamino play soon...

We got us a bit of a rhyme going....

Fabinho to Firmino to Minamino.. .goalino...😂
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #7: Dec 19, 2019 09:28:00 am
      We can sell more merchandise in Japan now, especially shirts. Our first East Asian player isnā€™t it?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #8: Dec 19, 2019 09:29:09 am
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #9: Dec 19, 2019 09:37:07 am
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #10: Dec 19, 2019 09:43:30 am
      YESSS

Welcome to the club Minamino

Mino Mane Mo!

;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #11: Dec 19, 2019 09:45:51 am
      Looks like a real bargain, proving you do not have to spend big to sign a quality player, unlike other premiership clubs.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: Dec 19, 2019 10:11:50 am
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #13: Dec 19, 2019 10:25:17 am
      Absolute bargain
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #14: Dec 19, 2019 10:51:26 am
      When you think Edwards and co got us 7.5m for Ryan Kent this deal looks even better. Great bit of business all round.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #15: Dec 19, 2019 10:58:53 am
      #ScouseSamurai

Like the sound of that! Looking forward to see him slice the opposition defence ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #16: Dec 19, 2019 11:24:11 am
      I feel like the world is going to be seriously pissed off with us when this kid becomes a superstar and we only paid 7 and a half for him.

At that price, one goal against Everton each year and heā€™d still be worth it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #17: Dec 19, 2019 11:28:26 am
      BOOM !

Welcome to LFC.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #18: Dec 19, 2019 11:34:06 am
      I'm very happy he signed but given that Shaqiri struggles to start and Keita and Ox are doing great, I think we won't see much of him this season unless we need to rest the front 3. Hopefully it means Lallana is on his way out.

sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #19: Dec 19, 2019 11:39:47 am
      Welcome to the club! That fee will be a massive bargain.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #20: Dec 19, 2019 11:55:47 am
      I'm very happy he signed but given that Shaqiri struggles to start and Keita and Ox are doing great, I think we won't see much of him this season unless we need to rest the front 3. Hopefully it means Lallana is on his way out.

Of course we will see him play, he can fill in for Mane, Bobby and/or Shaq. This is a vital signing for us.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #21: Dec 19, 2019 12:06:43 pm

He won't be playing the same role as Ox or Keita.
      He'll play in the front 3, probably to give Firmino some rest in a busy period, in the forward role that Ox had been shoehorned into.
      Win Win. Ox goes back into the midfield. Firmino gets a breather.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #22: Dec 19, 2019 12:10:23 pm
      Just woke up to this, fantastic news.

Welcome to LFC!

Quick Reply