Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 49412 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #138: Jan 25, 2020 03:13:27 pm
      I'm not saying he's not a good signing but if he wants to be in starting XI, he needs to improve a lot.

Heā€™s been at the club for 3 weeks mate, think itā€™s a bit early to be saying things like this. Itā€™s hardly like he stunk the place out. He was no better and no worse than the majority of the team vs Wolves.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #139: Jan 25, 2020 03:35:48 pm
      At the moment, our front trinity won't lose any sleep with Minamino on the bench. However, many of you are taking my observation wrongly. He will become good but needs to improve that's all.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #140: Jan 25, 2020 04:13:38 pm
      I'm not saying he's not a good signing but if he wants to be in starting XI, he needs to improve a lot.

Improve from what ? He has played 70 mins with the main team ffs - give the guy a break and maybe after 10 games or so you can bring out statements like ā€œneeds to improveā€
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #141: Jan 25, 2020 04:50:57 pm
      Improve from what ? He has played 70 mins with the main team ffs - give the guy a break and maybe after 10 games or so you can bring out statements like ā€œneeds to improveā€

He needs to show more his character in the sense, he needs to stamp his style and be confident doing it.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #142: Jan 25, 2020 04:54:23 pm
      At the moment, our front trinity won't lose any sleep with Minamino on the bench. However, many of you are taking my observation wrongly. He will become good but needs to improve that's all.

I think no player at this moment in time would make our trinity lose sleep, that's a testament to their form together more than the player on the bench, in this case, Minamino.

He needs to adapt rather than improve and most importantly given time to adapt.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #143: Jan 25, 2020 04:59:07 pm
      I think no player at this moment in time would make our trinity lose sleep, that's a testament to their form together more than the player on the bench, in this case, Minamino.

He needs to adapt rather than improve and most importantly given time to adapt.

I agree. He needs to stamp his authority. He looks a little afraid to play. Come on Tak.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #144: Jan 25, 2020 06:12:52 pm
      I agree. He needs to stamp his authority. He looks a little afraid to play. Come on Tak.

Think it's just a case of him leaning our style mate.

Give him time to settle properly, and he'll be fine.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #145: Jan 25, 2020 06:59:35 pm
      He needs to show more his character in the sense, he needs to stamp his style and be confident doing it.

It'll be the slowly, slowly approach bedding Taki into the team like Klopp's done with most of our new signings.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #146: Jan 25, 2020 09:44:59 pm

Didnā€™t look that afraid when he was flicking the ball up over the head of a Wolves player and leaving him for dead within minutes of coming on. Or when he was busting a gut to get back and cover for the out of position Trent at RB and slowed the momentum of their attack.

Struggling to see what else would have been expected of him. He was tidy enough with the ball, played about 4 different positions and it was a tough game and opponent to come in against. The entire team was a bit lacklustre in attack, nobody was showing anything going forward for much of the 2nd half.

Solid debut IMO under the circumstances.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #147: Jan 25, 2020 10:19:44 pm
      Anyone see his post game interview? I canā€™t find it now, but a lad on reddit translated the Japanese and it was really good. He candidly talked about his debut and what he did good and bad and how he needs to learn and work harder. He knows he wonā€™t get a ton of playing time off the bat and heā€™s ok with that because he has to prove himself. It was really good stuff and it highlights the type of mentality Klopp is looking for in his players I believe. This kid will turn out just fine for us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #148: Jan 25, 2020 11:58:10 pm
      It'll be the slowly, slowly approach bedding Taki into the team like Klopp's done with most of our new signings.

Yeah had it all before with the likes of Robbo and Fab where you think 'what's this bloke all about?' Then all of a sudden its BOOM.

That's why I wouldn't necessarily reccomend he be the immediate replacement to Mane when Origi can just slot in there while Minamino learns his role in the side on the training ground.

I want to see him tomorrow though, great chance to bag a few.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #149: Jan 26, 2020 05:53:38 am
      Didnā€™t look that afraid when he was flicking the ball up over the head of a Wolves player and leaving him for dead within minutes of coming on. Or when he was busting a gut to get back and cover for the out of position Trent at RB and slowed the momentum of their attack.

Struggling to see what else would have been expected of him. He was tidy enough with the ball, played about 4 different positions and it was a tough game and opponent to come in against. The entire team was a bit lacklustre in attack, nobody was showing anything going forward for much of the 2nd half.

Solid debut IMO under the circumstances.

He was lucky with that touch, it was miss control :D However, I agree with the argument that our attack lacked effort too.

I think, his calf was on his mind and his first league game too. Obviously, he only can improve from now on. YNWA Taki.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #150: Jan 26, 2020 09:22:31 am
      He was lucky with that touch, it was miss control :D However, I agree with the argument that our attack lacked effort too.

I think, his calf was on his mind and his first league game too. Obviously, he only can improve from now on. YNWA Taki.

It was not miss control at all, he is a very good player who was thrown into one of our toughest matches all season, I'd defy any attacking player to slot seamlessly into our team with its intricate movements.
      I thought it was a good debut which should have been marked with a goal if Mo had passed him the ball when he was in acres of space.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #151: Jan 26, 2020 11:56:25 am
      It was not miss control at all, he is a very good player who was thrown into one of our toughest matches all season, I'd defy any attacking player to slot seamlessly into our team with its intricate movements.
      I thought it was a good debut which should have been marked with a goal if Mo had passed him the ball when he was in acres of space.

I'm not a fan who goes in threads arguing against players, but in my opinion, I was not impressed (that said he will be huge for us in the future) and I have the right to say it.

I'm not here neither for you all to agree with me.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #152: Jan 26, 2020 12:44:03 pm
      I'm not a fan who goes in threads arguing against players, but in my opinion, I was not impressed (that said he will be huge for us in the future) and I have the right to say it.

Let's not forget Ox was awful in his first few games under Klopp and he was a seasoned PL player at that stage.

Minamino will be fine he looked like he was playing under stricter instructions as he still hasn't learned our system yet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #153: Jan 26, 2020 12:53:55 pm

You are 100% entitled to your view mate, but you have to admit that that was a very tough game for him to shine in. If he plays today then that will be a much better match to judge him in.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #154: Jan 26, 2020 01:34:20 pm
      You are 100% entitled to your view mate, but you have to admit that that was a very tough game for him to shine in. If he plays today then that will be a much better match to judge him in.

Obviously, against League one team.

He needs to learn the language too and gel with his new teammates.

I will stop here, I will back on here when he has improved and I will be very happy to say that he's much much better than his first impression.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #155: Jan 26, 2020 01:42:12 pm
      He needs to learn the language too and gel with his new teammates.

He can already speak pretty good English. Saw an interview when he first arrived and was surprised how good it was.

But yes, he will have to gel with the team, as all new signings have to.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #156: Jan 26, 2020 02:12:47 pm
      He can already speak pretty good English. Saw an interview when he first arrived and was surprised how good it was.

But yes, he will have to gel with the team, as all new signings have to.

Better for him and for us plus he speaks German ;)

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #157: Jan 26, 2020 07:48:36 pm
      Good run out for Mini again had a couple of occasions where he linked the play well.

Seems like when he settles in he will be a player who can link play and see things maybe like Firmino.

Hope to see more and more of him in the coming weeks/months.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #158: Jan 26, 2020 09:36:49 pm
      Good run out for Mini again had a couple of occasions where he linked the play well.

Seems like when he settles in he will be a player who can link play and see things maybe like Firmino.

Hope to see more and more of him in the coming weeks/months.

Are you kidding, he was bloody awful, mind you so we're Elliott and Origi. An awful team performance with the exception of Adrian and Jones.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #159: Jan 26, 2020 09:58:25 pm
      Are you kidding, he was bloody awful, mind you so we're Elliott and Origi. An awful team performance with the exception of Adrian and Jones.

Nope, while we were poor in the second half as you say I thought he had a couple of great touches and his movement was very encouraging.

Obviously he still has a way to go to be in contention for our starting 11 but I see quality in him.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #160: Jan 26, 2020 10:13:40 pm
      Nope, while we were poor in the second half as you say I thought he had a couple of great touches and his movement was very encouraging.

Obviously he still has a way to go to be in contention for our starting 11 but I see quality in him.

I thought he was pretty invisible meself but no doubt it will take him a few games to get up to full pace. Maybe he doesn't need a winter break!

Quick Reply