Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 49442 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #161: Jan 26, 2020 11:09:39 pm
      Are you kidding, he was bloody awful,

His third actual appearance for the club, so why not calm the F**k down!!

Still settling in for me, especially with it being a mish-mash of senior players, players coming back from injury and younger players
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #162: Jan 26, 2020 11:14:04 pm
      Loads of time on his side but nothing to see there yesterday to get excited about. Lots of work ahead to get into this team.

He is one of the players who should be hammering the coaches door down to say I want to play in the replay, alongside tweedle dum and tweedle dummer at the back who had absolute shockers to land us  back in this position.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #163: Jan 26, 2020 11:15:35 pm
      His third actual appearance for the club, so why not calm the f**k down!!

Still settling in for me, especially with it being a mish-mash of senior players, players coming back from injury and younger players

Not to mention he is being played as a striker, a position he is least accustomed to playing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #164: Jan 26, 2020 11:19:16 pm
      Not to mention he is being played as a striker, a position he is least accustomed to playing.

Plus playing against lower league opposition will toughen him up.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #165: Jan 27, 2020 12:08:46 am
      Loads of time on his side but nothing to see there yesterday to get excited about. Lots of work ahead to get into this team.

He is one of the players who should be hammering the coaches door down to say I want to play in the replay, alongside tweedle dum and tweedle dummer at the back who had absolute shockers to land us  back in this position.

Yeh he should be playing in the replay he has had a winters break. No.

Early days yet.  It is a big step from playing in Austrian League to the Premiership.  It will take time. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #166: Jan 27, 2020 12:20:55 am
      His third actual appearance for the club, so why not calm the f**k down!!

I'm not saying he's sh*t, I have high hopes for him but he was sh*te today, did he have a single shot on target?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #167: Jan 27, 2020 12:24:37 am
      I'm not saying he's sh*t, I have high hopes for him but he was sh*te today, did he have a single shot on target?

I never said you thought he was sh*te, saying he was sh*te today is a tough one considering the team picked and with it being only his third start.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #168: Jan 27, 2020 01:14:31 pm
      I never said you thought he was sh*te, saying he was sh*te today is a tough one considering the team picked and with it being only his third start.

Maybe harsh from me, but I did expect more, where the F**k is the player who put Virgil on his arse and terrorised our defence.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #169: Jan 27, 2020 02:32:26 pm
      Maybe harsh from me, but I did expect more, where the f**k is the player who put Virgil on his arse and terrorised our defence.

Not harsh, an international that's played in the champions league shouldn't be struggling to control the ball under pressure from a low league 1 side.
      Needs to take his chances or he'll spend the rest of this season on the bench more and more.
      However saying that, I do believe after a preseason he will be fine.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #170: Jan 27, 2020 04:30:52 pm
      Yesterday, I did not see anything to change my immediate thoughts about him. In the first half, he should have shot with his left not side kick with his right to the stands.

I'm not saying he's a bad signing but needs to improve.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #171: Jan 27, 2020 10:16:30 pm
      Yesterday, I did not see anything to change my immediate thoughts about him. In the first half, he should have shot with his left not side kick with his right to the stands.

I'm not saying he's a bad signing but needs to improve.

Was going for outside of the boot but connected with it all wrong. From the YouTube clips he seems to score with both feet quite happily usually so hopefully that wont become a thing.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #172: Jan 29, 2020 06:39:03 pm
      The poor lads finding his feet let's give him a bit of time and our backing, we will see where we go from there
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #173: Jan 29, 2020 06:41:59 pm
      Not been great circumstances he’s played in so far. 2 heavily rotated cup games with a game vs Wolves away in between, when he came on much sooner than what was planned due to Mane getting an injury.

Hard to fairly judge until we start seeing him in games that are actually going a bit more to plan and with our proper line ups.

Probably putting more pressure than he needs to on himself too.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #174: Jan 29, 2020 10:39:37 pm
      The poor lads finding his feet let's give him a bit of time and our backing, we will see where we go from there

TBH I don't think we should be judging him till at least next season, give the lad time to bed in, new environment, new club, new Country, new team mates etc and we all know it takes some players a lot longer that others.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #175: Jan 29, 2020 11:45:28 pm
      He was never brought in to be a first-team player from the off, so not sure where all this urgency to judge him has come from.

When I think of Minamino I think of Robertson, Fabinho, Keita etc. players who were given weeks, months even in the background to get up to speed with the tactics and the fitness required to be an integral part of this squad, let's give him some time.

I personally think when he gets up to speed he will be a great player to take Firmino's role in the side, whenever he needs a rest or if he is playing off form.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #176: Jan 31, 2020 07:24:34 pm
      He was never brought in to be a first-team player from the off, so not sure where all this urgency to judge him has come from.

When I think of Minamino I think of Robertson, Fabinho, Keita etc. players who were given weeks, months even in the background to get up to speed with the tactics and the fitness required to be an integral part of this squad, let's give him some time.

I personally think when he gets up to speed he will be a great player to take Firmino's role in the side, whenever he needs a rest or if he is playing off form.

He's long long way to replace Firmino and his influence on our team and play. On the other hand, he will learn from the best.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #177: Jan 31, 2020 10:01:13 pm
      He's long long way to replace Firmino and his influence on our team and play. On the other hand, he will learn from the best.

Yeh but we have given him a short cut route.  Like Mane and Kieta he hasn't taken the middle stepping stone.  The guy needs time.  He is going to need to compete for time against the best front 3 in football that is a hard task for anyone.   It would be nice for him to make some important contributions in the later rounds of the champions League, an important goal an assist.  But he has time on his side still young.   We desperately need him to come good when Mane and Salah go on the African cup of nations that is about a year away. 
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #178: Feb 01, 2020 01:29:27 pm
      Yeh but we have given him a short cut route.  Like Mane and Kieta he hasn't taken the middle stepping stone.  The guy needs time.  He is going to need to compete for time against the best front 3 in football that is a hard task for anyone.   It would be nice for him to make some important contributions in the later rounds of the champions League, an important goal an assist.  But he has time on his side still young.   We desperately need him to come good when Mane and Salah go on the African cup of nations that is about a year away. 

One year is enough for him to get to know his teammates. Come on Taki.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #179: Feb 02, 2020 12:32:34 am
      Bloody Naby got in the way of him scoring his first.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #180: Feb 02, 2020 05:06:25 am
      Bloody Naby got in the way of him scoring his first.

Thought it was the other way around.
       :)
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #181: Feb 02, 2020 09:20:11 am
      Thought it was the other way around.
       :)

Totally agree, Naby should have shot himself however Taki was afraid that he will catch Naby's feet. Can't fault him for the effort.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #182: Feb 02, 2020 10:51:15 am
      Totally agree, Naby should have shot himself however Taki was afraid that he will catch Naby's feet. Can't fault him for the effort.

Yes it was a shame but he looks OK Minamino, just needs more time to integrate in the team, he'll be good.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #183: Feb 02, 2020 11:00:28 am
      Yes it was a shame but he looks OK Minamino, just needs more time to integrate in the team, he'll be good.

He needs a Klopp's pre-season after him.

Quick Reply