Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 49445 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #184: Feb 03, 2020 03:06:43 am
      Thought it was the other way around.
       :)

No way, Taki was running on to it...watch it again, he either slightly gets put off by Naby and the defender or is was just a terrible shot! I think it was the former!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #185: Feb 03, 2020 06:13:08 am
      I hope he plays a similar role Coutinho had here, sometimes playing in the front 3 and sometimes in midfield. He seems to have the right attributes.

We all wish he turns out to become our Son.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #186: Feb 03, 2020 07:31:54 am
      I hope he plays a similar role Coutinho had here, sometimes playing in the front 3 and sometimes in midfield. He seems to have the right attributes.

We all wish he turns out to become our Son.

I think that will be the week, he should bring some versatility to the forward positions. Initial impressions are they he is a tidy player who works hard. We have the luxury of not needing to rush him through as well as umpteen dead rubber epl games in the last month of the season for valuable minutes in the side
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #187: Feb 13, 2020 02:29:31 pm
      Wasn't in that training video. Is he back on Merseyside after the break?
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #188: Mar 02, 2020 11:29:36 pm
      I hope he plays. I wanna see more from him. He could be what Lallana, Ox and Keita aren't: a creative offensive midfielder that can play deadly passes, kind of like KdB who's the best in this section along with Messi.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #189: Mar 03, 2020 09:11:31 am
      I hope he plays. I wanna see more from him. He could be what Lallana, Ox and Keita aren't: a creative offensive midfielder that can play deadly passes, kind of like KdB who's the best in this section along with Messi.

I hadn't thought about that, could he be our AM going forwards?
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2020 10:01:39 am by heimdall »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #190: Mar 04, 2020 08:49:45 am
      He could be what Lallana, Ox and Keita aren't: a creative offensive midfielder that can play deadly passes, kind of like KdB who's the best in this section along with Messi.

He threaded a good through ball to Mane on about 10 minutes.  Mane then got it horribly wrong.

If Sadio smashes that in the net then those little incidents are the things that can kick start your career.  Sadly it stayed 0-0 and Minamino had another disappointing game.  He looked miles away from players when trying to close them down - doubt we're going to see much of his talents during the rest of this campaign.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #191: Mar 04, 2020 08:56:48 am
      He threaded a good through ball to Mane on about 10 minutes.  Mane then got it horribly wrong.

If Sadio smashes that in the net then those little incidents are the things that can kick start your career.  Sadly it stayed 0-0 and Minamino had another disappointing game.  He looked miles away from players when trying to close them down - doubt we're going to see much of his talents during the rest of this campaign.

Who was better in midfield Lallana or Minamino, because of the two I'd go with Minamino, Lallana was constantly losing the ball or committing stupid fouls. Yes Minamino is still a bit off the pace but I saw more than enough to get me excited nice link up play, good passing and link up, I think he'll be a very good player for us and I'd honestly play him in midfield for a few games, play him into the AM role, we desperately need more creativity there
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #192: Mar 04, 2020 05:21:43 pm

Maybe next year or after the title is wrapped up but miles off the pace at this moment.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #193: Mar 04, 2020 05:32:05 pm

Maybe next year or after the title is wrapped up but miles off the pace at this moment.

What was your opinion of Lallana yesterday?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #194: Mar 04, 2020 05:37:38 pm
      He had a decent first half and then faded in the second, perhaps not helped by the lack of space as Chelsea dropped deeper. I liked how much he wanted the ball, from throw ins he was doing a passable imitation of Bobby.

Clearly needs to tune in with the rest of the team when it comes to the press, but that's a common theme amongst new signings.

Looking forward to seeing his development under Jürgen.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #195: Mar 04, 2020 06:18:49 pm
      Who was better in midfield Lallana or Minamino, because of the two I'd go with Minamino, Lallana was constantly losing the ball or committing stupid fouls. Yes Minamino is still a bit off the pace but I saw more than enough to get me excited nice link up play, good passing and link up, I think he'll be a very good player for us and I'd honestly play him in midfield for a few games, play him into the AM role, we desperately need more creativity there

Minamino definitely has more potential than Lallana but but he needs to get to grips with the physicality of the PL which will take a few months.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #196: Mar 04, 2020 06:25:30 pm
      Minamino hasn't impressed but he has good potential and skill. He needs a good pre-season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #197: Jul 15, 2020 10:52:27 pm
      A good cameo today of what he is capable of when played in his proper position and you never know the competition might get Firmino to up his game.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #198: Jul 15, 2020 10:58:33 pm
      A good cameo today of what he is capable of when played in his proper position and you never know the competition might get Firmino to up his game.

Yea Bobby needs to up his finishing big time. His link up play and work rate is still top rate but he's not doing enough in front of goal with the amount of chances he gets.

At least Minamino might give him some much needed competition next season.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #199: Jul 15, 2020 11:20:30 pm
      He looked amazing tonight in the first fifteen minutes when he was subbed on, but then faded away. He has genius level speed in counter pressing, but might be redundant against inferior teams where we have all the ball. He's so slight that he can only take two touches before he is knocked off the ball.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #200: Jul 15, 2020 11:24:36 pm
      He looked amazing tonight in the first fifteen minutes when he was subbed on, but then faded away. He has genius level speed in counter pressing, but might be redundant against inferior teams where we have all the ball. He's so slight that he can only take two touches before he is knocked off the ball.

Really? I thought he was quite poor. Thought Naby looked good and confident pushing forward with the ball. I know it’s early days and believe he will come good but have been a little disappointed with Minamino so far
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #201: Jul 16, 2020 12:04:56 am
      Really? I thought he was quite poor. Thought Naby looked good and confident pushing forward with the ball. I know it’s early days and believe he will come good but have been a little disappointed with Minamino so far

I thought the opposite, I thought Keita was a bit quiet, probably pissed off at being behind Ox in the pecking order.
      Minamino has a lot of potential.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #202: Jul 16, 2020 05:34:58 am
      One thing notice from this game and the Everton one is he needs to be stronger on the ball when defenders engage him. He seems to be very easly pushed off the ball.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #203: Jul 16, 2020 08:36:20 am
      One thing notice from this game and the Everton one is he needs to be stronger on the ball when defenders engage him. He seems to be very easly pushed off the ball.

I agree and that's something he needs to work on, but I like his movement, for example when Mo headed the ball tamely back at the keeper late on he had Minamino is acres of space if he'd just headed it down.

I feel we have a real player here, I have a lot of optimism for him, just hope he gets a good amount of chances because Bobby is still infuriating in front of goal
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #204: Jul 16, 2020 01:45:55 pm
      I agree and that's something he needs to work on, but I like his movement, for example when Mo headed the ball tamely back at the keeper late on he had Minamino is acres of space if he'd just headed it down.

I feel we have a real player here, I have a lot of optimism for him, just hope he gets a good amount of chances because Bobby is still infuriating in front of goal

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Go and read back what you said about him when we didn’t get Werner - you dismissed him out of hand. And not you feel with “have a real player here”

Full of sh*te
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #205: Jul 16, 2020 03:24:56 pm
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Go and read back what you said about him when we didn’t get Werner - you dismissed him out of hand. And not you feel with “have a real player here”

Full of sh*te

They play different positions, Minamino is not a wide forward like Salah or Mane, Werner could have been, Minamino is cover for Bobby and in my opinion I'd lie to see him given a run of games, but I also think he needs to bulk up a bit to become effective in the Prem.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #206: Jul 16, 2020 03:41:02 pm
      They play different positions, Minamino is not a wide forward like Salah or Mane, Werner could have been, Minamino is cover for Bobby and in my opinion I'd lie to see him given a run of games, but I also think he needs to bulk up a bit to become effective in the Prem.

Yea I would like to see Minamino start the last two games now that we have nothing left to play for. He needs to adjust to the physicality of the PL to be effective cover for Bobby and only a run of games will get him there.

Quick Reply