Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 49439 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #207: Jul 17, 2020 12:07:41 am
      Yea I would like to see Minamino start the last two games now that we have nothing left to play for. He needs to adjust to the physicality of the PL to be effective cover for Bobby and only a run of games will get him there.

Spot on, give him 2 full 90 mins games.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #208: Jul 17, 2020 09:54:47 am
      南野 ę‹“å®Ÿ! Get in!

I'm training for my next live match post.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      Reply #209: Jul 17, 2020 10:07:10 am
      南野 ę‹“å®Ÿ! Get in!

I'm training for my next live match post.
      ;D :ernaehrung004:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #210: Jul 17, 2020 10:24:17 am
      2 League title medals in a single season (Salzburg & Liverpool). Don't think many people can say that!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #211: Jul 17, 2020 10:48:37 am
      2 League title medals in a single season (Salzburg & Liverpool). Don't think many people can say that!

Not that he contributed very heavily to his second one ;-)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #212: Jul 19, 2020 10:35:05 am
      Looked good last time he was out and was impressed with his confidence to turn and take that shot on early minutes after coming on the pitch. Think a couple of games back he would of tried holding it up and pass it back instead of being so positive, so seems slowly slowly his confidence is rising.

I personally would also like to see him play the next two games, I think he could strike up quite the partnership with Naby, they both seem really forward thinking and both have very quick feet, something to watch out for.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #213: Jul 19, 2020 06:10:09 pm
      I think he would be of better use in no. 10 with Hendo and Fabinho behind him.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #214: Jul 26, 2020 06:41:41 pm
      Lots of very promising glimpses but nothing concrete to hold on to. It's often his last touch/decision that betrays him. He'll masterfully wiggle past 3 players and just not put enough power in a pass that would've freed the receiver in front of goal or he'll move well without the ball, nice first touch on the receive and put it just wide of the top corner.

I wonder if a goal would finally settle him and kinda just open the flood gates or is it a proper preseason that he needs? 
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #215: Jul 26, 2020 06:56:08 pm
      He'll get better and better as he settles in. Looked awkward and on the sidelines during the title celebrations, like the only guy who doesn't know anyone at the party.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #216: Jul 26, 2020 11:00:09 pm
      Lots of very promising glimpses but nothing concrete to hold on to. It's often his last touch/decision that betrays him. He'll masterfully wiggle past 3 players and just not put enough power in a pass that would've freed the receiver in front of goal or he'll move well without the ball, nice first touch on the receive and put it just wide of the top corner.

I wonder if a goal would finally settle him and kinda just open the flood gates or is it a proper preseason that he needs? 

I've seen enough to be convinced there's a good player there.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #217: Jul 27, 2020 02:04:01 am
      He'll get better and better as he settles in. Looked awkward and on the sidelines during the title celebrations, like the only guy who doesn't know anyone at the party.
      I've seen enough to be convinced there's a good player there.

You guys are right. A good preseason with chances to get on the pitch and just find his place on it without the added pressure of competitive games at the tail end of a tittle winning season + some more bonding with the team and he'll probably slot right into the squad.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #218: Jul 27, 2020 03:35:30 am
      What a hit that was, gutted it was saved.

Would have been some 1st goal.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #219: Aug 23, 2020 10:51:55 am
      Those turns remind me of Coutinho, beautiful technique.

https://twitter.com/lfcjapan/status/1297357893604237312?s=21
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #220: Sep 08, 2020 07:23:43 pm
      I think unless we sign someone he will be our 4th choice.  The goal against Arsenal would have done a world of good for his confidence and he back that up with another in the friendly. 
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #221: Sep 08, 2020 07:46:23 pm
      I see other players are now more willing to pass him the ball than before the end of the last season.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #222: Oct 23, 2020 05:53:55 am
      Would like to see him start this weekend in place of the currently woeful Bobby.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #223: Oct 24, 2020 04:12:43 pm
      Thought against Ajax he was physically stronger than what I seen of him last season
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #224: Oct 24, 2020 09:56:08 pm
      Just donā€™t see it with this lad.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #225: Oct 25, 2020 12:48:53 am
      I saw him come on and be a busy bee just when it looked like our midfield were tiring. I like him, he just needs a bit more time and to find confidence in himself, that he belongs!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #226: Oct 26, 2020 05:34:39 am
      Just donā€™t see it with this lad.

He has looked average to me so far. Jota has been there for a much shorter time but he has had an immediate impact. I know he needs to adapt to the EPL but it seems that he does not have the level to play for us, at least not in the no. 9 position now.

Maybe he should play in midfield behind a striker. I'm disappointed.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #227: Oct 26, 2020 08:16:39 am
      He has looked average to me so far. Jota has been there for a much shorter time but he has had an immediate impact. I know he needs to adapt to the EPL but it seems that he does not have the level to play for us, at least not in the no. 9 position now.

Maybe he should play in midfield behind a striker. I'm disappointed.

Thatā€™s the paradox right there. Jota has come in and performed like a 40M player where as Taki hasnā€™t in my view shown that heā€™s been a real bargain and find at 7M like many of us were hoping.

He always seems to fall just short whether it be his press, final pass, or shot. It always lacks that final bit of conviction. He seems like a quiet likeable guy hoping he can turn it around.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #228: Oct 26, 2020 08:56:36 am
      Thatā€™s the paradox right there. Jota has come in and performed like a 40M player where as Taki hasnā€™t in my view shown that heā€™s been a real bargain and find at 7M like many of us were hoping.

He always seems to fall just short whether it be his press, final pass, or shot. It always lacks that final bit of conviction. He seems like a quiet likeable guy hoping he can turn it around.

You hit the nail on the head Jota came in for Ā£40m and Taki for Ā£7m, big difference there. I think both will be very good players for us, I have seen enough of Taki to see that he is developing well, he just needs more minutes, more confidence in himself.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #229: Oct 26, 2020 03:52:12 pm
      I think they took him because he was basically "for free" (remember it was before COVID) and would serve for the asian market (yes, clubs not (only) think about titles, but about profit). While Jota hit properly and quickly - he's right on the same level as our Big 3 - Minamino didn't. He looks all try, but little else. I'd prefer Shaq over him, I know JĆ¼rgen prefers him over Shaq because he's more active on the pitch.

I say keep him and give him time. But he's a good example of a player that looks like a superstar on a weaker team, just to look mediocre on a better one.

Quick Reply