Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 49466 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #253: Nov 29, 2020 04:31:42 pm
      Thank Fvk we only spent 7 million on him
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #254: Nov 29, 2020 04:33:43 pm
      I really had high hopes for him, but the lad seems completely lost, incapable of adapting his game to Klopp's system, its a shame.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #255: Nov 29, 2020 05:16:15 pm
      Don’t think it’s fair to judge him yet when he doesn’t have a run of games , he showed some nice touches yesterday and was certainly looking to get involved but it’s going to be hard for someone to come in and impress. The Lad clearly has a lot of talent but potentially one of those that needs a couple games to get going. Cant see Klopp giving up on him yet
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #256: Nov 29, 2020 06:05:39 pm
      No chance Klopp gives up on him. We saw in the Ajax game how good he can be. Definitely a player there even though it’s obvious he’s not someone who’s going to challenge the top 3 the way Jota does. He came here to be a strong depth player and  no reason he can’t be that.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #257: Nov 30, 2020 01:33:55 am
      Frustrating, we know their is a Player in there but I still think he thinks he doesn't belong.

I have and have had such high hopes for him but he just runs around like a headless chicken. Does my head in...he occasionally gets in a goal scoring position and then fluffs it. Think if he actually got on the score sheet in consecutive games, he might start to feel like he belongs!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #258: Nov 30, 2020 10:08:35 am
      Frustrating, we know their is a Player in there but I still think he thinks he doesn't belong.

I have and have had such high hopes for him but he just runs around like a headless chicken. Does my head in...he occasionally gets in a goal scoring position and then fluffs it. Think if he actually got on the score sheet in consecutive games, he might start to feel like he belongs!

One thing is for sure, he'd not a midfielder, he was utterly lost in that midfield against Brighton, when played as a striker you can see little glimpses here and there. I agree there is a player there, more so than Origi, but perhaps he needs to see a sport shrink because I think his issues are more in his head than game, although he could certainly do with building up his strength as well, far too easily pushed off the ball, slightly baffled why that was not an issue for him in Austria as I would imagine that's a fairly physical league.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #259: Nov 30, 2020 10:13:24 am
      I dont think he is a naturally confident person and that doesnt help in a squad of big personalities. He may well be struggling to integrate.

Hes got a very slight frame to work with and everything seems soft in his game. He gets bullied off the ball, and his shots barely reach the net.

Knows how to play football but at this level and this league that's not going to be enough. Jürgen likes us to win the physical battles and he cant do that, especially in the middle. 

That being said he might have to play there a few times yet.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #260: Nov 30, 2020 11:21:56 am
      His biggest issue is he doesn't have 1 position. He is a jack off all trades and unfortunately when you're trying to get into our squad you have to be a master of one.

Would do well at a mid table club like United or Arsenal but doesn't cut it for us.
      Shame because I have been singing his praises for ages saying he's good because of what I saw against us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #261: Nov 30, 2020 02:45:03 pm
      Why are we expecting him to be top of his game when the vast majority of what we have seen from him on the pitch is from the 87th minute?
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #262: Nov 30, 2020 03:11:55 pm
      This is the moment for him. Because of the injuries and busy schedule he'd get quite some game time. I hope he does what I proposed: just run more than any player. We need guys that can press like monsters and Taki could do that (lightweight).
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #263: Nov 30, 2020 08:03:05 pm
      Why are we expecting him to be top of his game when the vast majority of what we have seen from him on the pitch is from the 87th minute?

We’re not, but you want to see glimpses of something - and it ain’t happening
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #264: Nov 30, 2020 09:06:02 pm
      The thing that is most worrying for me is he is so easily muscled out of a challenge
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #265: Dec 01, 2020 12:01:15 am
      One thing is for sure, he'd not a midfielder, he was utterly lost in that midfield against Brighton, when played as a striker you can see little glimpses here and there.

Spot on mate. Feel the exact same way!

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #266: Dec 01, 2020 08:38:36 am
      But that can be a feature! BECAUSE he's a lightweight he can run more and that means: disturb the opponents game. Right now he just doesn't show that and of course then he looks pathetic because he has the body of a 16y. old.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #267: Dec 02, 2020 05:57:24 pm
      The thing that is most worrying for me is he is so easily muscled out of a challenge

Spot on mate.
      But at least he's not injure all the time like Ox or Shaq. So I'd happily if we keep and let him develop and release those fragile flowers.   
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #268: Dec 08, 2020 01:29:50 pm
      Spot on mate.
      But at least he's not injure all the time like Ox or Shaq. So I'd happily if we keep and let him develop and release those fragile flowers.   
      Releasing Ox seems to be a nervous idea though imo, he is too good when fit which is not the case often ;D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #269: Dec 08, 2020 07:23:25 pm
      Spot on mate.

Don't think he is strong enough to play I'm the Premiere league
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #270: Dec 09, 2020 08:07:08 pm
      Why are we still playing him in a midfield 3...
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #271: Dec 10, 2020 05:07:44 am
      He finally gets in the right spot, puts the ball in the back of the net and VAR rules it offside for the slightest touch off Sadio's hand. FFS

Gutted for him, but I still worry that he just doesn't do much other then run around like a crazy man!
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #272: Dec 10, 2020 06:01:58 am
      Why are we still playing him in a midfield 3...
      he is good only when played as a primary striker
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #273: Dec 10, 2020 01:30:30 pm
      Watched him again, and again he was weak no physicality just seemed to run around
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #274: Dec 10, 2020 02:18:12 pm
      Watched him again, and again he was weak no physicality just seemed to run around
      he gets outmuscled very easily unlike Mane and Salah
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #275: Dec 13, 2020 06:33:54 pm
      Needs to get down the gym, too easily pushed off the ball.

Quick Reply