Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 49429 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #437: Feb 06, 2022 02:24:07 pm
      Another goal for taki. Did ok today, could've been better but he never stops running and pressing and always seems to nick a goal, not too bad.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #438: Feb 06, 2022 04:23:31 pm
      Always gives 100 % this lad, runs the whole game and has a great attitude, great goal Taki !
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #439: Feb 06, 2022 04:23:43 pm
      For the 6th choice forward he keeps chipping in with goals - he has scored more this season than Grealish , Sancho and in fact both of them combined
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #440: Feb 06, 2022 05:54:57 pm
      Decent goal tally this season and had more than justified his place in the squad. Been useful over recent weeks.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #441: Feb 07, 2022 07:46:39 am
      Decent goal tally this season and had more than justified his place in the squad. Been useful over recent weeks.

Yes, he's quite a paradox. Every time he starts, he shows that he still crumbles under pressure and is not solid enough, but... he scores! That is all that matters at the end, isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, Firmino is way better than him, but sometimes it's unfair that Taki is on the bench in favour of our Brazilian while the latter simply does not score for many successive games. Taki deserves to start in the PL once in a while if he scores in a cup game. I mean, what should he do? Here are his stats in cup games : 5 goals and 1 assist in 7 games (EFL and FA Cup).
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #442: Feb 07, 2022 07:59:48 am
      Yes, he's quite a paradox. Every time he starts, he shows that he still crumbles under pressure and is not solid enough, but... he scores! That is all that matters at the end, isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, Firmino is way better than him, but sometimes it's unfair that Taki is on the bench in favour of our Brazilian while the latter simply does not score for many successive games. Taki deserves to start in the PL once in a while if he scores in a cup game. I mean, what should he do? Here are his stats in cup games : 5 goals and 1 assist in 7 games (EFL and FA Cup).

Ironically, you're right and wrong at the same time. Yes, it is a result game but not all players offer just goals. I think that now neither Firmino or Minamino deserve to start when everyone is fit. I would play Jota, Mo and Sadio with Diaz if he continues improving before these two.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #443: Feb 07, 2022 03:38:50 pm
      Strange one Taki no where strong enough for the premiership and constantly out fought but seem to get goal as long as he dosent mind the bench he is welcome
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #444: Mar 02, 2022 08:55:29 pm
      Tucked that second goal away very nicely
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #445: Mar 02, 2022 10:42:03 pm
      He's been our "national cups' player of the season" so far.  :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #446: Mar 02, 2022 11:48:17 pm
      Much valued and much underrated player is Taki. I love the guy - I think he's nifty, energetic and supremely gifted! He's really grown into Liverpool since he first arrived two years ago and seems to love playing at Anfield.

Here's hoping he keeps up the great work this season. Very much out guide through these domestic cups which are proving to be wonderfully enjoyable!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #447: Mar 03, 2022 04:18:50 am
      I jad to do a double take on that second goal. I thought Salah had snuck out there..... This kid has been a wonderful little surprise this season. 9 goals in very limited playing time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #448: Mar 03, 2022 08:19:55 am
      He’s not good enough to be a regular week in week out but every team needs reliable backup players with the potential to deliver and that’s exactly what Taki is. Fair play to him
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #449: Mar 03, 2022 09:01:06 am
      That second goal, my reaction was ohhhhhh thinking hed cracked the bar. That was a finish

Have to say, Id love to see him play central, off a main striker. Reckon he could do serious damage there. Anyone know his position with Japan?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #450: Mar 03, 2022 11:02:08 am
      Both finishes sublime.

But his running on the ball yesterday is what surprised me, he is quite weak but his trickery and awareness helped him weave through a few tight spaces a few times.

Really impressed, think he could maybe become Origi 2.0, being someone we can rely on when drafted in to the team.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #451: Mar 03, 2022 11:25:50 am
      Really impressed, think he could maybe become Origi 2.0, being someone we can rely on when drafted in to the team.

In a different style though, I'm not sure about Taki as an impact sub... But to start in the front 3 against weaker sides? Definitely.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #452: Mar 06, 2022 11:55:44 am
      In a different style though, I'm not sure about Taki as an impact sub... But to start in the front 3 against weaker sides? Definitely.

Yeah it was more of being a guy who gets goals when the bigger players cannot start.

Someone who never really breaks in to the first team but serves a real purpose as a squad player.

Each game he looks more and more confident for me.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #453: Mar 06, 2022 12:14:25 pm

Agree - he's shown he can easily bag goals against mid to lower table opposition. Shows a real energy that offers something different against those teams. I feel it's imperative we keep him in the summer
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #454: Mar 08, 2022 01:41:22 am
      Agree - he's shown he can easily bag goals against mid to lower table opposition. Shows a real energy that offers something different against those teams. I feel it's imperative we keep him in the summer

Spot on mate, don't sell the lad.

He has an eye for goal, he chases and harasses and I just think he loves being a Liverpool player, how could you not?
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #455: May 16, 2022 03:53:02 pm
      I know he's a bit shy, but he didn't seem to take much part in the celebrations after the game on Saturday. I hope he's aware we would never have won both cups without his goals.

He deserves a lot of credit for his contribution.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #456: May 16, 2022 04:03:21 pm
      I know he's a bit shy, but he didn't seem to take much part in the celebrations after the game on Saturday. I hope he's aware we would never have won both cups without his goals.

He seems quite awkward in those situations. Then again, he was left out the match day squad so must feel hard done by.

I really like him however it’s just so hard to get into this team unless you do something special on a consistent basis.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #457: May 16, 2022 05:41:56 pm
      If he is not injure or unfit but not even in a squad for such an important game, imho, it's really really hard for Minamino to accept it.
      I don't know about others but Japanese in general are quite a seroius people, a bit different to some relaxed Asian people like Thai (me ;D). I have experience working with Japanese people about four years so I know a bit about them.
      That's why he looked awkward or not comfortable after the game.
      I think it will be surprise if he still believe he is part of this team. I believe we will not see him here next season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #458: May 16, 2022 06:04:46 pm

Too right. He's been a total gem for us in those two cup competitions. Can't praise him enough and I hope supporters in general realise his efforts this season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #459: May 17, 2022 07:24:41 am
      He seems quite awkward in those situations. Then again, he was left out the match day squad so must feel hard done by.

I really like him however it’s just so hard to get into this team unless you do something special on a consistent basis.

Mate so he's not in the squad but does he still get or did he get a Winners Medal? He sure deserves one after being our top scorer in both Cup Comps we won.

Quick Reply