Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)

Read 49424 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Re: Takumi Minamino Player Thread
      Reply #483: Jun 21, 2022 09:27:15 pm
      Good luck Taki doubled our money on him . Never really threatened to start regularly in my eyes but never let us down and was a big part in this years cup success
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #484: Jun 21, 2022 09:47:29 pm
      It seems he was a bit critical of his lack of opportunities in an interview with the Japanese media. I can't say I completely blame him to be honest. He rarely disappointed when he played last season, and probably deserved more game time. It's just hard when you're behind some of the best players in the world...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #485: Jun 21, 2022 09:50:11 pm
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #486: Jun 21, 2022 10:18:12 pm
      Not unexpected with being 7th on the depth chart and being relegated to basically early round FA/Carabao cup games. Good luck to him.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #487: Jun 21, 2022 10:36:18 pm
      https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/news-the-games-i-played-weren-t-interest-anyone-27-year-old-liverpool-star-opens-regret-anger-due-lack-game-time

"The games I played weren’t of interest to anyone" - 27-year-old Liverpool star opens up on "regret and anger" due to lack of game time
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #488: Jun 21, 2022 10:43:00 pm
      Good luck Taki! Good little player and doubled the money on him.

I wish him all the best.

However - a little concerned considering we have lost Mane, Origi and now Taki?

rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #489: Jun 21, 2022 10:45:38 pm
      Good luck Taki! Good little player and doubled the money on him.

I wish him all the best.

However - a little concerned considering we have lost Mane, Origi and now Taki?

Carvalho and Gordon 6th and 7th choice think we should be OK
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #490: Jun 21, 2022 11:13:23 pm
      All the best Taki!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #491: Jun 22, 2022 12:06:44 am
      That's proper sad.

Good Luck at Monaco Taki, thanks for all the goals, every time you got a chance.

Still upset you never got an FA Cup Medal, after all you did during the first few rounds.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #492: Jun 22, 2022 03:10:58 am
      That's proper sad.

Good Luck at Monaco Taki, thanks for all the goals, every time you got a chance.

Still upset you never got an FA Cup Medal, after all you did during the first few rounds.

Yeah, F that. Dude was our leading scorer in both cups, and he still didn't get a medal.

His goal to game.ratio is pretty damn impressive. His goal at the death of Leicester was amazing. The skill and concentration it took is underrated, especially since he chested it basically blind, from their player jumping to header it away. Great finish

YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #493: Jun 22, 2022 03:36:06 am
      Yeah, F that. Dude was our leading scorer in both cups, and he still didn't get a medal.

His goal to game.ratio is pretty damn impressive. His goal at the death of Leicester was amazing. The skill and concentration it took is underrated, especially since he chested it basically blind, from their player jumping to header it away. Great finish

YNWA

Spot on mate!
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #494: Jun 22, 2022 07:28:59 am
      Hindsight is 10/10, but damn, with the absolute diabolical form Salah, Bobby and Jota were in at the end of the season, I feel like he (and Origi too, btw) deserved some game time. Always had a few goals in him when he played.

Pretty sad to see him leave. Oh well...

All the best, Taki. YNWA.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #495: Jun 22, 2022 10:28:11 am
      All the best, and good luck Taki. YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #496: Jun 22, 2022 10:52:15 am
      Good luck to Taki, the lad is showing his ambition wanting to play more footi.

gonna miss him, he never let us down, just tough to get ahead of the other forwards.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #497: Jun 22, 2022 06:38:02 pm
      He scored some good goals in the cups last season and was beginning to look like he might push for more time but he was never quite at the required level for us. 15 million is great business again by the club though, doubled their money on his transfer.

I dare say they will get a few quid for Nat Phillips and Neco Williams as well.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #498: Jun 22, 2022 07:22:48 pm

Has this really been confirmed? I can't see Jürgen stand for that tbh...

Good luck to Taki, he probably deserved a bit more, but he can leave with his head held high knowing he was essential in the only trophies we won last year.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #499: Jun 26, 2022 11:00:38 pm
      Has this really been confirmed? I can't see Jürgen stand for that tbh...

Good luck to Taki, he probably deserved a bit more, but he can leave with his head held high knowing he was essential in the only trophies we won last year.

No one has ever mentioned he got one, so that's pretty much what I'm thinking. Hope they got extras after the event and he got one because he thoroughly deserved one.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #500: Jun 27, 2022 08:58:00 am
      Would've liked him to stay. Don't think he was really good enough to command any sort of regular place in the side in the league and Champions League, as evident by never really delivering in those competitions and in that regard, he failed to live up to the promise of when we first signed him. But he was a very handy player to have for the cup games and to fill in for a game or two in the 2 bigger competitions when we would rotate.

Can understand him wanting a bigger role in the team than that though and the French league is proabbly just the right level for him because he was some way off the level the players he was competing with here. Think his bggest problem was he didn't really have the right mentality, he was very shy and reserved.

Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Re: Takumi Minamino (Liverpool > Monaco)
      Reply #501: Jun 27, 2022 10:28:40 am
      Sad to see taki go. He contributed more last season than alot of our squad ... and it's fair to say without his contribution last season we would not have won 2 trophies. We may have won none. Deserved more game time imo.

Was well liked by all the lads. 4th or 5th top scorer last season. Did well when given a chance. Just wasn't given enough. All the best Taki.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #502: Jun 27, 2022 06:54:48 pm
      Seemed a cracking lad and his goals helped us win silverware but he never really took his chance. Hope he enjoys his time at Monaco can only wish him well
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #503: Jun 27, 2022 07:13:10 pm
      Sad to see taki go. He contributed more last season than alot of our squad ... and it's fair to say without his contribution last season we would not have won 2 trophies. We may have won none. Deserved more game time imo.

Was well liked by all the lads. 4th or 5th top scorer last season. Did well when given a chance. Just wasn't given enough. All the best Taki.

Whose minutes would you have taken away? there simply aren't enough minutes in a season to keep 7 forwards happy.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #504: Jun 27, 2022 10:13:06 pm
      Whose minutes would you have taken away? there simply aren't enough minutes in a season to keep 7 forwards happy.

Sometimes, even Salah or Mane could be dropped. Even Jota did not score in his last 13 games, if I'm not wrong. We have a player who scores regularly on the bench, while you have world-class players who sometimes were clearly lacking inspiration and fitness. That's a criticism I have against Klopp. Sometimes, I think it's unfair. Minamino plays and he scores. What more can he do to deserve to play?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #505: Jun 27, 2022 11:29:37 pm
      Good luck for the future at Monaco, certainly deserved to pick up a medal, for his efforts in the cup. Taki can certainly take a lot of pride in the short time he spent at the  club.

Quick Reply