Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Flamengo?

Alisson
      2 (1.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      35 (32.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (3.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      24 (22.2%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      11 (10.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      29 (26.9%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Dec 25, 2019 08:06:38 pm

Flamengo 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26329 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Flamengo 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Dec 21, 2019 09:05:37 pm
      @BrasilEdition
      Alisson in 2019:

Copa America winner ✔️
      Champions League winner ✔️
      Club World Cup winner ✔️
      Yachine Trophy ✔️
      FIFA goalkeeper of the year ✔️
      FIFA TOTY ✔️
      UEFA TOTY ✔️
      Copa America TOTT ✔️
      PL Golden Glove ✔️
      Copa America Golden Glove ✔️
      Joint high CL cleansheets ✔️

https://twitter.com/BrasilEdition/status/1208479918776037376

@clemente_carl
      Liverpool's last three trophies have been won in exactly 29 weeks. The previous three were won in the space of 5 years 9 months and 13 days. #LFC

he has got really nice hair also
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #645: Dec 21, 2019 09:08:20 pm
      just done mine mate they hate the city and the club.

Done mine, so has my wife and son, bas**rds
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #646: Dec 21, 2019 09:09:02 pm
      https://twitter.com/FOXDeportes/status/1208472610247495683?s=20

Firmino Firmino Firmino Firmino Arrrrrhhhhh. Gooooaaaaalllll
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #647: Dec 21, 2019 09:10:53 pm
      Done mine, so has my wife and son, bas**rds

if it had been UTD they would still be on Air now. Hope I never ever see that Ref on a football pitch again. When two players assault Hendo in the Box and he penalises Hendo something is amiss.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #648: Dec 21, 2019 09:11:38 pm
      Heard this earlier today. What a time to be a Red, and yet people will still moan and complain.

https://twitter.com/lovefutebol/status/1208479076933087232?s=19

Jeeeezzz, this was a great win, but under those circumstances, it  becomes huge. F***ing HUGE !
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #649: Dec 21, 2019 09:12:09 pm
      For anyone who missed this because the stream stopped....

https://twitter.com/FOXDeportes/status/1208486177893957637?s=20
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #650: Dec 21, 2019 09:12:40 pm
      Great result thought Henderson, Virgil and mom Gomez were fantastic tonight
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #651: Dec 21, 2019 09:12:49 pm
      I put this on twitter but I'll bring this here as well.

To add some perspective about that Flamengo team:

- Out of this starting XI, 8 players were signed in 2019: Rafinha, Rodrigo Caio, Pablo Marí, Filipe Luis, Gérson, De Arrascaeta, Bruno Henrique and Gabigol.

- And out of those, 4 signed only in July/Aug: Rafinha, Pablo Marí, Filipe Luís and Gerson.

- The manager Jorge Jesus has only been at the club for less than 6 months

- The most expensive signing (De Arrascaeta) cost €13m

So the fact they've become the first Brazilian team to win the national league and the Libertadores on the same year, and then give such a hard game to a Liverpool side that has been built over the last 4 or 5 years and is probably peaking in quality and consistency, is truly incredible. It's a very good time to support any of those teams ;)

Still a bunch of playacting diving cynical tw*ts in my opinion. Honestly I don't understand why South American teams always feel the need to cheat, is it a cultural thing?
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #652: Dec 21, 2019 09:12:58 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #653: Dec 21, 2019 09:13:15 pm
      What a great test for the team & boss..

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #654: Dec 21, 2019 09:13:31 pm
      Get in! It was far from a vintage performance again, better than our first game but not great. But its always difficult when you don’t know who you are actually facing until a couple of days before so you go into these games far less prepared than usual.

Found myself pissed off most the game, not because of the missed chances or the performance, but the way Flamengo went about it. The amount of play acting and flying to the ground whenever we got close was ridiculous, the ref went for it every time. Then how Diego wasn’t sent off I’m not sure; I thought if you went in 2 footed, with both feet clearly off the ground was a red card regardless of contact made...the intent was there and Milly got lucky to escape without a big injury.

The farce over the VAR too, was clear contact and was a free kick...again questionably would have been lucky to stay on the pitch too as last man in a goal scoring opportunity.
      Then that lad who walked a 10 yards, sat down laughing, stretchered off and ran straight back.

Thought our lads kept their heads well because you could see we were getting pissed off with it all.

It’s not been an enjoyable 2 games but feels damn good to have our 2nd trophy of the season.

With more composed finishing we'd have won that comfortably. We were not at our best but still the clearly superior side. Flamengo must have been in dreamland taking it to extra time and probably thinking they were going to do us on penalties because that's the only way they could have won that match tonight.

It's actually surprising how little Alisson had to do in that match.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #655: Dec 21, 2019 09:13:40 pm
       Champions of the word sounds pretty bloody good to me. Surreal experience watching on my tablet in hospital with my dad. Two of the 3 guys in the same bay were watching as well. Nurse and hca asking for score updates. My dad telling me to calm down
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #656: Dec 21, 2019 09:13:42 pm

Jeeeezzz, this was a great win, but under those circumstances, it  becomes huge. F***ing HUGE !

Don’t suppose we could add the Prem League and F A cup to that could we 😊
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #657: Dec 21, 2019 09:14:47 pm
      Gutted the man=flu has prevented me having a drink tonight but I still leapt like a Salmon as Bobby scored the winner. Still haven't heard anything from Jürgen he probably has still got the Ref's head stuckdown the toilet
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #658: Dec 21, 2019 09:16:12 pm
      First team ever to hold the Champions League, Super Cup and WC Championship in the same season
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #659: Dec 21, 2019 09:17:04 pm
      Gutted the man=flu has prevented me having a drink tonight but I still leapt like a Salmon as Bobby scored the winner. Still haven't heard anything from Jürgen he probably has still got the Ref's head stuckdown the toilet

That ref was either biased or a fuckwit, either way he should never ref a senior game again, in all seriousness this competition needs better venues and refereeing.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #660: Dec 21, 2019 09:19:36 pm
      Brazil club teams seem to play like their national team where shithousing the opposition seems just as important as the ball and 2 goalposts. Throw into the mix a referee who's performance at best can be described as erratic and some poor finishing from our side then Flamengo had a chance.

We found a way to win the match, the trophy and the title once again and where in times gone by I have questioned our mentality in big finals, I dont any more. I dont think we have played at our fluent best in any of them, but we have brought the silverware back to the City.

Klopp really has got a team now that can deal mentally with the pressure. That can only be a good thing for the remainder of the season, where we are aiming to create even more new history for the club.

As for this one, I look forward to seeing it go up on the wall at Melwood. A new trophy for our club. The lads deserve it.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #661: Dec 21, 2019 09:20:43 pm
      Voted for Mane man of the match but I regret that.

It was Hendo. All day long.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #662: Dec 21, 2019 09:21:50 pm
      It was far closer than it should have been.   The ref was such an amateur he was dictated to from the Flamengo players.   They disrupted the tempo through out the game.  It only started when we scored then it was like continuous.   Off side, free kick the ball didn't have stop.  If only we had taken one of early chances we would have demolished these dirty cu*ts.  FIFA want to make this a better competition start with a professional Referees.   If that is the standard in the World Cup there will be shocks.   

Semi Final we had players trying to do damage to our players ref does nothing or hardly.   This time round a player touched or leaned on a player whistle blown.  CLean challenges from our players too many to mension were awarded free kicks.  And the dumb referee how can a professional goalie get cramp.  That right back was such a cheat nice to see Robertson tell him what he felt at the end.   

Anyways I was hoping to see some silky skills from the Brazillians but they were dirtiest of dirty cheats and dictated the pathetic referee.

We won but they deserved a beating. I did not see any danger from them what so ever.   Their best performer was the ref.  Good performance by Gomez the way he come out of defence in tight situations he was my MOTM.   Looked totally different today with VVD next to him. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #663: Dec 21, 2019 09:22:03 pm
      Brazil club teams seem to play like their national team where shithousing the opposition seems just as important as the ball and 2 goalposts. Throw into the mix a referee who's performance at best can be described as erratic and some poor finishing from our side then Flamengo had a chance.

We found a way to win the match, the trophy and the title once again and where in times gone by I have questioned our mentality in big finals, I dont any more. I dont think we have played at our fluent best in any of them, but we have brought the silverware back to the City.

Klopp really has got a team now that can deal mentally with the pressure. That can only be a good thing for the remainder of the season, where we are aiming to create even more new history for the club.

As for this one, I look forward to seeing it go up on the wall at Melwood. A new trophy for our club. The lads deserve it.

I think Flamengo deserve more credit that that. Thought they done well, considering.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #664: Dec 21, 2019 09:24:12 pm
      I put this on twitter but I'll bring this here as well.

To add some perspective about that Flamengo team:

- Out of this starting XI, 8 players were signed in 2019: Rafinha, Rodrigo Caio, Pablo Marí, Filipe Luis, Gérson, De Arrascaeta, Bruno Henrique and Gabigol.

- And out of those, 4 signed only in July/Aug: Rafinha, Pablo Marí, Filipe Luís and Gerson.

- The manager Jorge Jesus has only been at the club for less than 6 months

- The most expensive signing (De Arrascaeta) cost €13m

So the fact they've become the first Brazilian team to win the national league and the Libertadores on the same year, and then give such a hard game to a Liverpool side that has been built over the last 4 or 5 years and is probably peaking in quality and consistency, is truly incredible. It's a very good time to support any of those teams ;)

Diego, wether the team were brought together 6 yearssgo or 6 months ago, talented as they are as individuals, they are sly, deceitful cheating cu*ts and deserve F**k all. Zero, zilch, nothing.
      And don’t suggest it’s in heir culture, that’s bollocks, THEY ARE SLY DIRTY CHEATS, and deserve nothing. End of.!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #665: Dec 21, 2019 09:24:35 pm
      or and we are WORLD CHAMPIONS!    The only team from England to win as the Continent Champions!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #666: Dec 21, 2019 09:30:09 pm
      I doubt it, they probably could only give a certain amount of time to the match and extra time would have ate much of it up.

Are you a manc

Quick Reply