Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Flamengo?

Alisson
      2 (1.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      35 (32.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      4 (3.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      24 (22.2%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      11 (10.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      29 (26.9%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Dec 25, 2019 08:06:38 pm

Flamengo 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26292 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Flamengo 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Dec 21, 2019 09:32:18 pm
      It was far closer than it should have been.   The ref was such an amateur he was dictated to from the Flamengo players.   They disrupted the tempo through out the game.  It only started when we scored then it was like continuous.   Off side, free kick the ball didn't have stop.  If only we had taken one of early chances we would have demolished these dirty cu*ts.  FIFA want to make this a better competition start with a professional Referees.   If that is the standard in the World Cup there will be shocks.   

Semi Final we had players trying to do damage to our players ref does nothing or hardly.   This time round a player touched or leaned on a player whistle blown.  CLean challenges from our players too many to mension were awarded free kicks.  And the dumb referee how can a professional goalie get cramp.  That right back was such a cheat nice to see Robertson tell him what he felt at the end.   

Anyways I was hoping to see some silky skills from the Brazillians but they were dirtiest of dirty cheats and dictated the pathetic referee.

We won but they deserved a beating. I did not see any danger from them what so ever.   Their best performer was the ref.  Good performance by Gomez the way he come out of defence in tight situations he was my MOTM.   Looked totally different today with VVD next to him. 

Agree with this Kenny. And now we’ve won it, think we should decline any invites in the future unless the referees are improved some 100%
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #668: Dec 21, 2019 09:37:27 pm
      I think Flamengo deserve more credit that that. Thought they done well, considering.

They passed it well and moved well off the ball in the first half. They are cynical but they can play. In fact we have beaten a very good team, top class in fact. Sh*t attitude but a top team. We upped our intensity and passed it much better in the second half but lets not downplay the quality of the opposition.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #669: Dec 21, 2019 09:40:44 pm
      Diego, wether the team were brought together 6 yearssgo or 6 months ago, talented as they are as individuals, they are sly, deceitful cheating cu*ts and deserve f**k all. Zero, zilch, nothing.
      And don’t suggest it’s in heir culture, that’s bollocks, THEY ARE SLY DIRTY CHEATS, and deserve nothing. End of.!

Oh same old blablabla. If the English do it, they are street smart.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #670: Dec 21, 2019 09:42:51 pm
      I did not see any danger from them what so ever.

Really. Some of you can be such bad winners  :D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #671: Dec 21, 2019 09:44:02 pm
      I think Flamengo deserve more credit that that. Thought they done well, considering.

Not said anything about their quality, one way or another.

They took us to 120 minutes so they held their own.

No doubting they were shithousing though. Diego can say what he likes, but I am pleased that we don't have to carry our selves in that way.

Keeper going down with cramp twice was  enough for me to stop caring beyond today's game.

Shambolic scenes.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2019 09:48:22 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #672: Dec 21, 2019 09:44:03 pm

Agree with this Kenny. And now we’ve won it, think we should decline any invites in the future unless the referees are improved some 100%

Goes without saying the Ref would be crap. VAR should've ruled free kick on the edge of the box but they ducked it and left it to the ref...and he didn't trust his own eyes..But Mane should've taken it on his left foot, he turned to his right and gave the defender a chance.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #673: Dec 21, 2019 09:44:13 pm
      Oh same old blablabla. If the English do it, they are street smart.

Mar they were cheating bas**rds
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #674: Dec 21, 2019 09:44:30 pm

Yeh definitely.  It would not surprise me that FIFA actually chose that Referee on Purpose just to keep it a close game to promote the tournament.  We've had a lot of close game lately and opposition teams have had patches where they have played well, but our mentality and winning instincts have been paramount.   This game honestly it could be me being a little too angry but they didn't cause any danger.   

We sacrificed the league cup, we jeapordized our squad which was getting might thin and what do we get in return?   Definitely we need to address that Referee situation which did us 2005 too and the hallmarks were there.  Just this team with Jürgen behind them just don't get fazed.   
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #675: Dec 21, 2019 09:49:53 pm
      Really. Some of you can be such bad winners  :D

Join back with us Diego, we forgive you.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #676: Dec 21, 2019 09:51:38 pm
      Honestly I didn't think Flamengo would be able to contain Liverpool for very long, let alone have more of the ball and create so many chances. It's a really good team but after 73 matches in 2019, some of the key starters are extremely tired and you could see how their pressing slowed down in the second half. Thought Rodrigo Caio (CB, number 3), Willian Arão (DM, number 5) and Bruno Henrique (winger/striker, number 27) were the best Flamengo players on the pitch. From Liverpool, thought Chamberlain was disappointing, and even more so that he's left the pitch injured. Gomez and Henderson were probably the best performers

Flamengo were no threat. They are nothing in comparison to us.

Strangely, it was one of those games where we played poorly, missed our chances, and gave them a look in. It looked like we wanted to tire them out as we let them have the ball and withheld the press.

Cheating, fouling.. that's all Flamengo did, and the ref let them get away with everything. Diabolical performance from the officials, and they were lucky not to be on the end of a stuffing. 1-0 flattered them.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #677: Dec 21, 2019 09:56:32 pm
      Join back with us Diego, we forgive you.

Hahaha. You lads just need to be better winners, that's all. Leave the self-righteous bollocks aside for a minute.

Flamengo were no threat. They are nothing in comparison to us.

Ok, then! :D 15 shots, 55% possession. Obviously Liverpool are a better team, Flamengo's most expensive signing ever cost less than Djibril Cissé did in 2004 and this team has been built in the last few months, but to say there was no threat in that match is just factually wrong. I understand you're annoyed with the team's attitude, but no need to make things up, don't be such bad winners.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #678: Dec 21, 2019 09:58:15 pm
      Hahaha. You lads just need to be better winners, that's all. Leave the self-righteous bollocks aside for a minute.

Ok, then! :D 15 shots, 55% possession. Obviously Liverpool are a better team, Flamengo's most expensive signing ever cost less than Djibril Cissé did in 2004 and this team has been built in the last few months, but to say there was no threat in that match is just factually wrong. I understand you're annoyed with the team's attitude, but no need to make things up, don't be such bad winners.

:lmao:

Don't be such a bad loser.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #679: Dec 21, 2019 09:59:40 pm

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2019 11:08:17 pm by JD »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #680: Dec 21, 2019 10:30:58 pm
      Get the F**k innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnn

We are The Champions Of The World...how good does that sound.

Thank you Jürgen for giving us the time of our lives!! Long may it continue!!!!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #681: Dec 21, 2019 10:32:21 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #682: Dec 21, 2019 10:35:20 pm
      Diego, wether the team were brought together 6 yearssgo or 6 months ago, talented as they are as individuals, they are sly, deceitful cheating cu*ts and deserve f**k all. Zero, zilch, nothing.
      And don’t suggest it’s in heir culture, that’s bollocks, THEY ARE SLY DIRTY CHEATS, and deserve nothing. End of.!

Behave mate. Its called the dark arts, etc. We have notably got better at it ourselves over the last couple of years.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #683: Dec 21, 2019 10:38:53 pm

Listen man you are one of us too.   The thing is I don't watch  Brazilian Football much but when I do I see some moment of magic and my jaw drops.  I didn't expect them to dominate us but thought my see something to say WOW.   I was only amazed by the cheating it was unbelievable.  Our players were like shell shocked.  These players have played through out Europe in about 50 fixtures in the last 3 years they probably thought they've seen it all, how wrong they were.  Robertson was fuming.   Salah got a yellow card for winning the ball.   Henderson conceded a free kick for a definite penalty. Naby got done plenty of times they must thought we are playing a different game with a different set of rules.    A player gets cramp the goalie falls over and gets treated for cramp with hardly over an hour on the clock then 2 minutes later he is doing flying sumersault  saves moments later he falls again for cramp. 

Then when we score it all changes to 100 mph.   The rules change no stop start, f**k the moving ball rule, just play at full pace.

Am fuming more at the authorities though the ref wasn't up to it.   

Sorry mate need to calm down good luck to you and your team, close game  just glad we don't have to play them again.   
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #684: Dec 21, 2019 11:07:08 pm
      I said before kick off that I thought it would be 50/50.

Flamengo were a decent side and clearly helped by the crowd in their favour.  They definitely take it more seriously than we have done in the past.

In hindsight, Liverpool should have had that wrapped up in the first 20 minutes.  I was wondering if they had never played with the FIFA matchballs the way we were ballooning shots over.

Gabigol seemed a bit of a disappointment considering how much he had been hyped.  You could argue that Alisson was tested more severely in the games against Leipzig and Monterrey.  Bruno Henrique looked their best player by some distance.

Anyway, it's 1-1 now v Flamengo so I look forward to us having a rematch next December!
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #685: Dec 21, 2019 11:10:01 pm
      World champions it feels good! Henderson fantastic as was Gomez. Loved Robertson looking after that ugly little sh*te rafinha.
      By far the greatest team the world has ever seen!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #686: Dec 21, 2019 11:14:49 pm
      Not sure if the ref saw it from the angle where it was clear there was contact, he seemed to be looking at it from the other side

They obviously told him to look again to see whether it was inside or outside the area and then the soft tw*t decides its not even a foul.

Choosing host officials for the final was F***ing daft.  Game to decide the world's best club should have the world's best officials - not the ones who live closest to the stadium.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #687: Dec 21, 2019 11:14:57 pm
      Behave mate. Its called the dark arts, etc. We have notably got better at it ourselves over the last couple of years.

I like a bit of devilment in our players. Milner is a top shithouser, but there was some real daft bollocks going on today that was a bit too much for my tastes anyway.

The referee was as much to blame for indulging them.

Keeper shouldn't go down with cramp though. I used to play 90 minute games after 8 pints and a whiskey chaser the night before and manage to complete it. Hes only the bloody keeper!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #688: Dec 21, 2019 11:16:46 pm
      They obviously told him to look again to see whether it was inside or outside the area and then the soft tw*t decides its not even a foul.

Choosing host officials for the final was F***ing daft.  Game to decide the world's best club should have the world's best officials - not the ones who live closest to the stadium.

Yeah, made me laugh one of the linos asking one of the Qatari royals to sign his flag after the match.

Jesus christ.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #689: Dec 21, 2019 11:20:36 pm
      Can't remember how many times I said during the Match, "Get up ya diving c**t"...F***ing cheats, slowing everything down, stopping, starting, having the Corrupt Ref on their books and they still lost. Sucked in cu*ts!

Quick Reply