Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

BBC coverage of World Club Cup final

Read 2012 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      BBC coverage of World Club Cup final
      Dec 21, 2019 09:22:17 pm
      Great result for us tonight despite an awfull refereeing performance but what the hell kind of coverage was that from the BBC, if that would have been Man U, City, Chelsea or Arsenal they would have shown the presentation, we should all complain to the BBC for what was discracefull coverage.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2019 11:00:01 pm by JD »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: The World Cup club coverage
      Reply #1: Dec 21, 2019 09:35:12 pm
      Great result for us tonight despite an awfull refereeing performance but what the hell kind of coverage was that from the BBC, if that would have been Man U, City, Chelsea or Arsenal they would have shown the presentation, we should all complain to the BBC for what was discracefull coverage.

But the BBC are totally Labour bias. So what went wrong with supporting a labour stronghold 🤷🏼‍♂️
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #2: Dec 21, 2019 09:47:22 pm
      Bet if they were showing a program on something negitve about Liverpool it would be shown in its entirety
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #3: Dec 21, 2019 09:56:18 pm

I'm sorry, but what do you base that on apart from bias towards our club? They probably couldn't give any more time to the match, it's crap from them but I really don't see it as simply "we hate Liverpool so we're going to not show the trophy presentation".

Saturday evenings, for some reason, seem to be a big time slot for the BBC and ITV and they probably wanted to show the full match without losing too much time for the awful rubbish they normally show.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4: Dec 21, 2019 09:59:17 pm
      Bet if they were showing a program on something negitve about Liverpool it would be shown in its entirety

The very first MOTD on BBC 2 was at Anfield.Liverpool V Arsenal in 1964.We won 3-2. TV Audience of about 20,000.

I don't really think BBC are that biased against LFC. They have had several LFC pundits. Hansen did it for years.They are just crap at sport. Had a monopoly for years. MOTD was never missed.Pubs used to empty at about 9.30. Very little live football on TV just the cup final. Sky moved in and changed the whole financial map. BBC threw the towel in and I was surprised they got this.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2019 10:22:34 pm by Harrisimo »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Dec 21, 2019 10:59:40 pm
      BBC are not a sports broadcaster.  I'm surprised they showed extra time to be honest.

Bunch of frauds.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: BBC coverage of World Club Cup final
      Reply #6: Dec 21, 2019 11:05:19 pm
      Watched the whole thing on the player. To be fair it was typical fifa. Trophy presentation went on for ever.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Dec 21, 2019 11:07:59 pm
      Fair fucks I suppose the trophy presentation was  behind the red button, but even that F***ing cut off 2 seconds after we lifted it, and once YNWA came on.

Shocking stuff from them, another in a long list of grievances I have with this fu**ed up (public funded) organisation
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #8: Dec 22, 2019 12:04:25 am
      Nonsense. They even showed Gerrard's slip and Suarez' bite in their best of the decade slot.

Oh hang on...
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #9: Dec 22, 2019 03:37:32 pm
      Like i said bunch of biased cu*ts on match of the day a begruged congratulations no pictures but managed to show Suarez bite and Gerrards trip utter biased
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #10: Dec 22, 2019 03:53:15 pm
      MOTD should just be avoided, if you have an Internet connection highlights are up for most matches online within hours of the final whistle anyway. Nowadays it's aimed at getting people worked up on social media more than showing football highlights.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Dec 22, 2019 03:59:58 pm
      The BBC used have such fantastic sports coverage but now its all about Baking cakes buying crap and moving to Spain.
      Keep going onto their website and complain its the only way. The BBC like many institutions feel we need saving from ourselves and educating
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #12: Dec 22, 2019 04:58:57 pm
      I watched the presentation on YouTube this morning, it was crap that they didn’t stay on air to show it but I think it probably reflects the general lack of regard that there is fir this competition
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #13: Dec 22, 2019 05:09:24 pm
      I thought it was fine  ???

The BBC don’t have “dedicated” sports channels and they have to cater for every single tax payer

They showed on BBC1 on prime time Saturday night the full match last night For what is a second level comp tbh

The ceremony was dragged out beyond belief - there was no point in keeping that on BBC1 when they have millions of others to cater for

They would have done the same for any other team that would have been playing in it.

And they showed Gerrard and Suarez incidents because whether we like it or not both of them are stand out episodes from the past ten years. How anyone can think the BBC is bias against Liverpool is amusing
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #14: Dec 22, 2019 05:16:28 pm
      I watched the presentation on YouTube this morning, it was crap that they didn’t stay on air to show it but I think it probably reflects the general lack of regard that there is fir this competition

That and they just didn't have the time. It sucks but they can only delay other programming by so much.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Dec 22, 2019 05:19:26 pm
      I thought it was fine  ???

The BBC don’t have “dedicated” sports channels and they have to cater for every single tax payer

They showed on BBC1 on prime time Saturday night the full match last night For what is a second level comp tbh

The ceremony was dragged out beyond belief - there was no point in keeping that on BBC1 when they have millions of others to cater for

They would have done the same for any other team that would have been playing in it.

And they showed Gerrard and Suarez incidents because whether we like it or not both of them are stand out episodes from the past ten years. How anyone can think the BBC is bias against Liverpool is amusing

Fair enough and there is a slight danger of us going into victimisation mode. I suspect we just like having a pop at the BBC. Identifying them as the baddies (establishment).
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #16: Dec 23, 2019 03:41:42 pm
      I watched the bbc stream cos fox stuck it on their spanish sports channel,which isn't actually part of their sports package so my local didn't have it.It was fine,ya knew the cup presentation was gonna get bumped for divock origi's saturday night party or whatever it was.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: Dec 23, 2019 04:07:40 pm
      I dont think we should have to dress this up due to not wanting to sound like we're feeling hard done by.

The coverage in general was sh*te, and I cant think of any final in any major sport where the trophy presentation is not shown on the main broadcast.

Like I said even the presentation on the red button cut off for a coldplay concert they have had playing on loop for the past week.

It was sh*t, I dont think it was an anti Liverpool thing but just the bbc failing to provide us with a competent sports service yet again.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #18: Dec 23, 2019 04:31:01 pm
      It's a conspiracy! The director general of the BBC is a Man Utd supporting freemason & I think Jeffrey Epstein may have also been involved from his secret moon base
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #19: Dec 23, 2019 05:24:59 pm
      I dont think we should have to dress this up due to not wanting to sound like we're feeling hard done by.

The coverage in general was sh*te, and I cant think of any final in any major sport where the trophy presentation is not shown on the main broadcast.

Like I said even the presentation on the red button cut off for a coldplay concert they have had playing on loop for the past week.

It was sh*t, I dont think it was an anti Liverpool thing but just the bbc failing to provide us with a competent sports service yet again.

That’s because the BBC aren’t a dedicated sports channel

What actually was wrong with the coverage ? It’s Saturday night which is prime time for millions of families who watch a lot of entertainment programs with viewing figures far higher than what football gets.

They showed a full run up and then the full match - did you really think they should then have 30 mins of nothing ? It wasn’t a World Cup or European Cup or European Champs etc - it’s in essence a mid season friendly comp as such that’s semi serious. It wasn’t a major final no matter how we dress it up - great and nice to win yep. The presentation was still shown on the red button and then after the presentation what was left to see ?!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #20: Dec 23, 2019 06:13:02 pm

That’s because the BBC aren’t a dedicated sports channel

What actually was wrong with the coverage ? It’s Saturday night which is prime time for millions of families who watch a lot of entertainment programs with viewing figures far higher than what football gets.

They showed a full run up and then the full match - did you really think they should then have 30 mins of nothing ? It wasn’t a World Cup or European Cup or European Champs etc - it’s in essence a mid season friendly comp as such that’s semi serious. It wasn’t a major final no matter how we dress it up - great and nice to win yep. The presentation was still shown on the red button and then after the presentation what was left to see ?!

Strictly Come Bobby Dancing with Sadio Mane!

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #21: Dec 23, 2019 06:22:30 pm
      Strictly Come Bobby Dancing with Sadio Mane!

:lmao: Sounds like a winner

Quick Reply