Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      97 (79.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (3.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (2.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      14 (11.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Voting closed: Dec 30, 2019 09:51:14 pm

Leicester City 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20968 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Re: Leicester City 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Dec 27, 2019 10:16:26 am
      Leicester weren’t off form, apart from the city result, they were on the best form of their season.
      We were just so good, so confident and so connected all over the park, they were made to look like amateurs.
      That first half was so dominant, it was embarrassing for them. We zipped the ball around so fast it looked like a giant pin ball machine at times.
      Our kids playing Villa seniors in the Cup didn’t look as bad as Leicester did last night.
      Don’t know what the f**k Brendan’s tactics were, but he never stopped skribling in his note book all the first half.
      Sat down most of the second half like he’d given up. Just never had an answer did they.
      They had a bit of a go for 5 mins in the second half, to no avail.
      I really can’t remember a more one sided game, and from our nearest challengers as well.
      Not sure what Jürgen has created here, but it’s one huge scary beast.
      Best club team in the world, and looking like it by a country mile.
      I’ve watched and supported this side since 1956 and what I see now is the most dominant yet.
      And we supposedly haven’t hit top form yet wooo hoo hoooo WTF !
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,292 posts | 763 
      Reply #461: Dec 27, 2019 10:19:53 am
      Certainly one of the best performances of the season. Certainly knocked the stuffing out of Leicester on their own soil.
      Game-well-and-truly-over
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #462: Dec 27, 2019 10:20:47 am
      Absolutely incredible. I wasn't alive in 1988 but I bet those who were can draw comparisons with the 5-0 win over Notts Forest.

An absolute annihilation of a very good team. And one of those "F**k, we're good" moments

Privilege to watch

Exactly.  I watched this with my 15 year old son and referred to that very game.  Good comparison.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #463: Dec 27, 2019 10:22:12 am
      Gave Trent my MOTM and deservedly so..
      Does the fact he took the corner which led to the penalty make that an assist?
      If it does then he's cleaned up !! ha ha.
      3 x assists and a goal.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #464: Dec 27, 2019 10:28:24 am
      The next game can't come quickly enough, just want to keep watching us play :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #465: Dec 27, 2019 10:29:57 am
      Men against Boys that was...

Cannot believe Maddison didn't get at least a yellow card for some horrendous tackling and yet Joe Gomez gets one for tumbling over when Steptoe ran straight into him..
      To be fair the ref had a decent game. i had no idea it was a penalty until I saw the slow mo on the telly, never even needed VAR.

What a team this is, what a squad this is.. and let's not forget, we haven't had Matip or Fabinho for what seems like ages..

:scarf:

Gomez didn't even touch Steptoe. He dived.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #466: Dec 27, 2019 10:31:30 am
      Also shout out Naby Keita who finally looks like a Liverpool player. Maybe the hype and the shirt he’s wearing was too much for him and the injuries didn’t make things better. Seems happy in his role now, long may he improve

He's come from the fringes to the starting XI in a couple of weeks.
      Love seeing midfielders taking players on, he went past a few Leicester guys yesterday, breaking forward through the centre.
      Perfect timing for him to show the form we hoped for when he signed...
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #467: Dec 27, 2019 10:33:18 am
      The next game can't come quickly enough, just want to keep watching us play :)

Yeah... and our next opponents are playing tonight, less than 48 hours before they visit us at Anfield..
      They'll be well and truly goosed !!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #468: Dec 27, 2019 10:39:27 am
      Yeah... and our next opponents are playing tonight, less than 48 hours before they visit us at Anfield..
      They'll be well and truly goosed !!

Yep, hopefully they take some points from City, and in the process wear themselves into the ground ;D.

City doing a fine job of softening up our next opponents.

Sheffield United next for them too :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #469: Dec 27, 2019 10:41:26 am
      Wonder if Henderson said to Brendan as he  left the  pitch " see Brendan I am still here" thank god he didn't go. He has been simply awesome for sometime now.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #470: Dec 27, 2019 10:50:48 am
      It's such a change.

Wasn't that long ago were we'd be panicking everytime the ball got in our box, we were not a team who felt comfortable with narrow lead, seeing a game out, a team built to give our fans heartaches, heartbreak and elation, quite often in the same game.

Now we're a different beast, a team to be feared, a team to be loved. I don't think I've seen so many opposition players go down with cramp when playing us. We wear teams down, we oppress them, with individual brilliance, with tenacity, with teamwork.

And it wasn't caused by a revolution, it was an evolution, a learning curve. And we're a team that's still learning, that's still growing, a team that no longer has me panicking, a team truly aware that they can get the winner any time of the game. We push, we press, we harass and bully. And I don't think we've played fully balls out this season, we've done what was needed.

We are relentless.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #471: Dec 27, 2019 11:43:05 am
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #472: Dec 27, 2019 11:56:32 am
      Leicester weren’t off form, apart from the city result, they were on the best form of their season.
      We were just so good, so confident and so connected all over the park, they were made to look like amateurs.
      That first half was so dominant, it was embarrassing for them. We zipped the ball around so fast it looked like a giant pin ball machine at times.
      Our kids playing Villa seniors in the Cup didn’t look as bad as Leicester did last night.
      Don’t know what the f**k Brendan’s tactics were, but he never stopped skribling in his note book all the first half.
      Sat down most of the second half like he’d given up. Just never had an answer did they.
      They had a bit of a go for 5 mins in the second half, to no avail.
      I really can’t remember a more one sided game, and from our nearest challengers as well.
      Not sure what Jürgen has created here, but it’s one huge scary beast.
      Best club team in the world, and looking like it by a country mile.
      I’ve watched and supported this side since 1956 and what I see now is the most dominant yet.
      And we supposedly haven’t hit top form yet wooo hoo hoooo WTF !
      Absolutely right,was listening to the so called experts on Amazon prime & on tw*ts of the day last night & they more or less all yapped on about how poor Leicester where (load of sh*te),at the end of the day you only play aswell as you are allowed to play and  Liverpool simply didn’t give them a sniff and we were ruthless all over the park.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #473: Dec 27, 2019 12:00:15 pm
      Yep, hopefully they take some points from City, and in the process wear themselves into the ground ;D.

City doing a fine job of softening up our next opponents.

Sheffield United next for them too :lmao:

Everton after that, before our game. WTF  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #474: Dec 27, 2019 12:05:31 pm
      Also shout out Naby Keita who finally looks like a Liverpool player. Maybe the hype and the shirt he’s wearing was too much for him and the injuries didn’t make things better. Seems happy in his role now, long may he improve

Seems to be showing consistency now, don't think it was the weight of the shirt, was more to do with staying fit and just playing games. His footwork with the ball is exceptional.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #475: Dec 27, 2019 12:20:52 pm
      Seems to be showing consistency now, don't think it was the weight of the shirt, was more to do with staying fit and just playing games. His footwork with the ball is exceptional.

these lads like Naby rely on touch and tempo you can only get that by playing games ...what a bonus to have him in the team now.
      The way we passed the ball around last night was exceptional the Leicester players looked depressed as they couldn't get anywhere near us. Happy Days
      Redrew
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #476: Dec 27, 2019 12:29:11 pm
      It's such a change.

Wasn't that long ago were we'd be panicking everytime the ball got in our box, we were not a team who felt comfortable with narrow lead, seeing a game out, a team built to give our fans heartaches, heartbreak and elation, quite often in the same game.

Now we're a different beast, a team to be feared, a team to be loved. I don't think I've seen so many opposition players go down with cramp when playing us. We wear teams down, we oppress them, with individual brilliance, with tenacity, with teamwork.

And it wasn't caused by a revolution, it was an evolution, a learning curve. And we're a team that's still learning, that's still growing, a team that no longer has me panicking, a team truly aware that they can get the winner any time of the game. We push, we press, we harass and bully. And I don't think we've played fully balls out this season, we've done what was needed.

We are relentless.

It wasn’t too long ago I worried Joe Gomez was the weak link in the starting 11.
      These days it can be argued Joe has been LFC’s most impenetrable CB.

On another note: What happened to Leicester? They came into Anfield and almost pushed LFC to the brink.... with Varney & Co flying by defenders.
      Yesterday, LFC defenders matched them stride for stride to such an extent Klopp was incredibly comfortable allowing TAA and Robertson to play up field on the attack
      Night and day
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #477: Dec 27, 2019 12:37:10 pm
      On another note: What happened to Leicester? They came into Anfield and almost pushed LFC to the brink.... with Varney & Co flying by defenders.
      Yesterday, LFC defenders matched them stride for stride to such an extent Klopp was incredibly comfortable allowing TAA and Robertson to play up field on the attack
      Night and day

Did they? Should've won by this scoreline on that day, too.

Rodgers got done on this one. Playing Maddison and Barnes on the flanks who didn't bother tracking our fullbacks, and Jürgen moving Mo and Mané narrower to drag in Pereira and Chilwell gave them even more space. Absolute suicide.
      DanMann

• 5,747 posts | 882 
      Reply #478: Dec 27, 2019 12:57:06 pm
      Certainly deserved a heavier scoreline, and it was massively frustrating that it took so long to score, and then to get the 2nd goal too. Should have had several much earlier! Began to feel like Leicester would catch us on a break and grab a lucky equaliser. That all went out the window though when superhero Milner scored that penalty moments after coming off the bench. Surely his 1st touch?

Firmino looking like he's having the time of his life again, and TAA bossing the match throughout. Keita looked good on the ball and I fail to see why he doesn't bang them in like we know he can. He seems to hold back on shooting. Mane had a quiet night, yet still contributed with assists. I was hoping he would score and then run to the Leicester fans who booed him all night. Salah was the only one who had a poor game and was right to get hooked.

What a result that was, and what a Premier League triumph this will be! No stopping us.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #479: Dec 27, 2019 02:15:20 pm
      Lived up to our World Club Champions billing. Would've destroyed any team on the planet on that form.Leicester were lucky to get out of there shipping only 4...could've easily been 6..7 or 8 even. Mane missed 2...Salah fluffed at least 2...Bobby could've had a hat trick. Best away performance for a very long time.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #480: Dec 27, 2019 02:16:43 pm
      Did they? Should've won by this scoreline on that day, too.

Rodgers got done on this one. Playing Maddison and Barnes on the flanks who didn't bother tracking our fullbacks, and Jürgen moving Mo and Mané narrower to drag in Pereira and Chilwell gave them even more space. Absolute suicide.

Liked this quote from Stuart Pearce (giving us credit instead of blaming the result on the opposition):

“I’ve never seen a team win the ball back in the opposition’s half as much as they did; Leicester couldn’t get out of their own half! The work rate from the front five is incredible.”
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #481: Dec 27, 2019 02:24:03 pm
      It's such a change.

We are relentless.

I don't know if that is an original Rod, but I LOVE the evolution idea. Klopp as higher power guiding the individuals into genetically predisposed paths, merging together into a great, societal, opposition-wrecking force.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #482: Dec 27, 2019 02:26:13 pm
      last night reminded me of this.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j-zCBIOzl8

Quick Reply