Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      97 (79.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (3.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (2.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      14 (11.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Voting closed: Dec 30, 2019 09:51:14 pm

Leicester City 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21006 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Leicester City 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Dec 27, 2019 02:28:03 pm
      these lads like Naby rely on touch and tempo you can only get that by playing games ...what a bonus to have him in the team now.
      The way we passed the ball around last night was exceptional the Leicester players looked depressed as they couldn't get anywhere near us. Happy Days

The passing was great I agree, but also the work OFF the ball. We tracked and pressed and covered and I can count on one one hand over 90 minutes the times a previously-dangerous Leicester team even threatened to threaten our goal.

Great all-around performance and while some of your were saying we haven't gone all out yet - I think last night was close....and it was awesome.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #484: Dec 27, 2019 02:29:29 pm
      On another note: What happened to Leicester?

Liverpool happened to Leicester.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #485: Dec 27, 2019 02:54:23 pm
      How f**king good was that! Absolutely battered the second best team in the league, without them getting a sniff. We’re on a different planet!

Every single player put in a proper shift. It can’t get better than this, can it?

Mastermind Klopp is going to take this team to astronomical levels and a ram that trophy cabinet full of even more trophies.

Wow!

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #486: Dec 27, 2019 03:19:11 pm
      I am struggling to think when i last saw such a one sided game against a fellow contender? That was absolutely brutal to watch, we undoubtedly suffocated them from start to finish. It was like watching a slaughter. I almost felt sympathy towards Rodgers (not).

Every single player was phenomenal. It is an absolute joy to witness the building of this empire, long may it continue.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #487: Dec 27, 2019 03:55:39 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #488: Dec 27, 2019 04:17:44 pm
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #489: Dec 27, 2019 04:17:46 pm
      I am struggling to think when i last saw such a one sided game against a fellow contender? That was absolutely brutal to watch, we undoubtedly suffocated them from start to finish. It was like watching a slaughter. I almost felt sympathy towards Rodgers (not).

Every single player was phenomenal. It is an absolute joy to witness the building of this empire, long may it continue.
      And it was an away day.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #490: Dec 27, 2019 04:30:06 pm
      I don't know if that is an original Rod, but I LOVE the evolution idea.

Yep, original but it's just what I see. The players who have been here since Klopp joined us have just learned to use the tools, that they already had in their armoury, better and Klopp has filled in the squad around them. Klopp has instilled the belief and the confidence in the players and has been paid back by, quite possibly, the best Liverpool team I have ever witnessed.

And our home is now a fortress, whilst our players can now touch the 'This Is Anfield' sign, I swear the opposition see 'Abandon hope all ye who enter here'.
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2019 04:40:42 pm by Roddenberry »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #491: Dec 27, 2019 04:33:54 pm
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #492: Dec 27, 2019 04:34:13 pm

Yeh agree they got schooled!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #493: Dec 27, 2019 04:35:41 pm
      Yep, original but it's just what I see. The players who have been here since Klopp joined us have just learned to use the tools, that they already in the armoury, better and Klopp has filled in the squad around them. Klopp has instilled the belief and the confidence in the players and has been paid back by, quite possibly, the best Liverpool team I have ever witnessed.

And our home is now a fortress, whilst our players can now touch the 'This Is Anfield' sign, I swear the opposition see 'Abandon hope all ye who enter here'.

Along with all of this I think Jürgen pays very close attention to the mentality/personality/attitude whatever you call it for potential transfers in. He demands a total commitment from players to what is a very exhausting style of play. You have to be fit, but also willling to do what it takes to be ready to fit into this system. Not every modern player is, but Jürgen takes care about who we sign.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #494: Dec 27, 2019 06:11:24 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #495: Dec 27, 2019 06:11:31 pm
      In trying to prove how smart he is (again) BR shot his team in the foot.

It looked very much like he was trying to copy Guardiola's FB system of splitting CB's, then pushing the FB's inside to create an overload on us in midfield, along with Ndidi, with the wide players nullifying our FB threat.

Unfortunately, it seems his CB's didn't get the message (and why would they when one of them is Jonny "I am gesticulating madly for an open player" Evans), so what we had instead, was F***ing acres of room on their left to exploit.
      Our front 3 had a lot to do with that, and it was because Ndidi failed to pick up Firmino as he should have done that it could happen.

His tactics, in short, were a F***ing mess, and he either lacks the players to implement them, or his message gets lost in the rustle of players named in envelopes.

I usually have a lot of time for BR, but his gobbing off about him setting this up for Klopp, and that he bought Firmino annoyed the F**k out of me.
      Until he learns some humility, Leicester will be his level, and that level will decline to mid-table.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #496: Dec 27, 2019 07:02:01 pm
      Such a good game,i mean F***ing hell,got nowt else,talked to a lad from Tyrone and crackers were cracked, beers were drunk.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #497: Dec 27, 2019 07:39:49 pm

It looked very much like he was trying to copy Guardiola's FB system of splitting CB's, then pushing the FB's inside to create an overload on us in midfield, along with Ndidi, with the wide players nullifying our FB threat.

Unfortunately, it seems his CB's didn't get the message (and why would they when one of them is Jonny "I am gesticulating madly for an open player" Evans), so what we had instead, was f**king acres of room on their left to exploit.
      Our front 3 had a lot to do with that, and it was because Ndidi failed to pick up Firmino as he should have done that it could happen.

His tactics, in short, were a f**king mess, and he either lacks the players to implement them, or his message gets lost in the rustle of players named in envelopes.

I usually have a lot of time for BR, but his gobbing off about him setting this up for Klopp, and that he bought Firmino annoyed the f**k out of me.
      Until he learns some humility, Leicester will be his level, and that level will decline to mid-table.

Maybe a little of both. Pearce reports today that Liverpool's pregame analysis pegged Maddison as tending to drift to the inside and leave Chilwel exposed, with the team encouraged to switch the ball wide right as often as possible.

You'd think that would be the very thing a team, every team, would guard against. Something like, "If someone else can beat us OK, but don't let Alexander-Arnold beat us."

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #498: Dec 27, 2019 10:17:31 pm

Unfortunately, it seems his CB's didn't get the message (and why would they when one of them is Jonny "I am gesticulating madly for an open player" Evans), so what we had instead, was f**king acres of room on their left to exploit.

His tactics, in short, were a f**king mess, and he either lacks the players to implement them, or his message gets lost in the rustle of players named in envelopes.

I usually have a lot of time for BR, but his gobbing off about him setting this up for Klopp, and that he bought Firmino annoyed the f**k out of me.

Yet he tries to take credit for Suarez and Gerrard combo when he bought neither.  Stevie G does what Stevie G does, and coach Suarez ? Not a chance. Suarez is in instinctive player who plays his own game.
      Even now! If Rogers was that good a coach, with what he had running riot up top why the F**k couldn’t be sort the defence out 🤷🏼‍♂️
      Won s few games at Swansea, brought mediocre players with him to Anfield, won at Celtic cos they are a div 1 side playing pub teams.
      The fella is totally over rated and will only take Leicester backwards when they go off the boil and get tired of the same old !
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #499: Dec 28, 2019 04:35:51 am
      I usually have a lot of time for BR, but his gobbing off about him setting this up for Klopp, and that he bought Firmino annoyed the F**k out of me.

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

He always ties it back to him, no matter what he's talking about. Chalk and cheese from Jürgen who wants to deflect and big others up.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #500: Dec 28, 2019 01:28:16 pm
      Just watching the game yet again waiting for Trents goal now worth the wait. Brendan is all about Brendan he is a legend in his own lunchtime and is always quick to grab any credit. Jürgen however always puts the credit back to his "boys"
      its been a really great Christmas
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #501: Dec 28, 2019 01:53:24 pm
      Brenton always was a flat track bully. His record against teams around and above him has always been sketchy.

Doing a good job with Leicester, but it's become clear his side cannot lay a glove on ourselves and City.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,282 posts | 1396 
      Reply #502: Dec 28, 2019 02:00:50 pm
      Brenton always was a flat track bully. His record against teams around and above him has always been sketchy.

Doing a good job with Leicester, but it's become clear his side cannot lay a glove on ourselves and City.

Klopp can't have a pop at Rodgers...he's renting a house from him..."I'm coming round after the game to see how many cups you've broken"

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #503: Dec 28, 2019 02:24:12 pm
      Klopp can't have a pop at Rodgers...he's renting a house from him..."I'm coming round after the game to see how many cups you've broken"

Why doesn't he just buy the/a house?? I really don't understand that, if for no other reason it would be a good investment and would make him feel even more settled
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #504: Dec 28, 2019 02:50:33 pm
      Rodgers played right into our hands, just as he done to other teams with us. The biggest mistake he made was playing Maddison out on the left because it instantly took away their most prolific and main route through to Vardy, whilst also putting more defensive duties on Maddison, a player who isn’t at all defensive. Then playing a DM in Ndidi was the next biggest mistake because we don’t play through the middle much, we attack out wide, it was another way to create even more space for Trent and Robbo. Packing out the middle of the pitch is for the likes of Spurs, not us and City, that’s why they have spent the last 2 games getting ruined out wide. We had this game won the second Rodgers confirmed his line up.

It’s not BR’s house any more, the club bought it off him and gave it to Klopp.
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2019 02:55:11 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #505: Dec 28, 2019 03:29:04 pm
      Rodgers played right into our hands, just as he done to other teams with us. The biggest mistake he made was playing Maddison out on the left because it instantly took away their most prolific and main route through to Vardy, whilst also putting more defensive duties on Maddison, a player who isn’t at all defensive. Then playing a DM in Ndidi was the next biggest mistake because we don’t play through the middle much, we attack out wide, it was another way to create even more space for Trent and Robbo. Packing out the middle of the pitch is for the likes of Spurs, not us and City, that’s why they have spent the last 2 games getting ruined out wide. We had this game won the second Rodgers confirmed his line up.

It’s not BR’s house any more, the club bought it off him and gave it to Klopp.

So does the club own it or was it an extra incentive/bonus to renew the contract, nice move either way.

Quick Reply