Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Back To The Milestone - Part I (350)

Read 1233 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Back To The Milestone - Part I (350)
      Dec 27, 2019 08:01:50 pm
      The next appearance in a Liverpool shirt for our captain, Jordan Henderson, will be his 350th for the club.

An often criticised figure in the side, often the scapegoat when things were going badly has become a real mainstay in the middle of our team. A man who plays in every big game that he's available for. You can tell just how highly Jürgen rates our number 14 by how often he's picked for those games. And he's very rarely let down by Hendo's performance.

44 players before Jordan have reached this particular milestone - I think the last to do so was the man who Hendo replaced as captain, a certain Steven Gerrard. And for a man who'll turn 30 not long after the season finishes, there's a chance that he'll make a fair few more before his time is up.

Fantastic achievement by a player who has everything in his locker - just maybe doesn't showcase it as often as some would like. Can make any pass on the field, gets stuck in, gets around the pitch and has scored some F***ing real belters over his time. And over the past six months or so, he's getting used to lifting trophies.

Congratulations skipper!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,182 posts | 1631 
      Re: Back To The Milestone - Part I (350)
      Reply #1: Dec 27, 2019 08:50:01 pm
      European cup winning captain now. He’s with the elite in the history of this club!

Hope he’s been working on them shoulders because he’s a few more trophy lifts to come I think!!
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #2: Dec 27, 2019 09:16:31 pm
      The next appearance in a Liverpool shirt for our captain, Jordan Henderson, will be his 350th for the club.

An often criticised figure in the side, often the scapegoat when things were going badly has become a real mainstay in the middle of our team. A man who plays in every big game that he's available for. You can tell just how highly Jürgen rates our number 14 by how often he's picked for those games. And he's very rarely let down by Hendo's performance.

44 players before Jordan have reached this particular milestone - I think the last to do so was the man who Hendo replaced as captain, a certain Steven Gerrard. And for a man who'll turn 30 not long after the season finishes, there's a chance that he'll make a fair few more before his time is up.

Fantastic achievement by a player who has everything in his locker - just maybe doesn't showcase it as often as some would like. Can make any pass on the field, gets stuck in, gets around the pitch and has scored some f**king real belters over his time. And over the past six months or so, he's getting used to lifting trophies.

Congratulations skipper!

Fantastic achievement by a player who has everything in his locker - just maybe doesn't showcase it as often as some would like. Can make any pass on the field, gets stuck in, gets around the pitch and has scored some f**king real belters over his time. And over the past six months or so, he's getting used to lifting trophies.

Congratulations skipper!

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #3: Dec 27, 2019 09:26:54 pm

Congratulations skipper!

Congratulations skipper!

Well said, honestly has been one of my go to, 'not doing enough' players, but the stats speak for themselves, as you say he has scored some worldies, but he is mostly, there and that is why he gets picked. Well done Jordan
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4: Dec 27, 2019 10:13:21 pm
      I wasn't a fan of Henderson but has he played well lately

Quick Reply