Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Player of the Decade

LFC Player of the Decade

Read 4491 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,480 posts | 4824 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      LFC Player of the Decade
      Dec 30, 2019 12:32:22 pm
      Let's not take this too seriously.

You're voting for YOUR player of the decade. Whether you're voting for what someone done over the course of a season or two, what someone done over the course of time, whether it was a contribution to a moment or competition or whether you believe you're voting for who you think performed better than anyone else in a Liverpool shirt in their time there over the last decade.

I've gone Mo. Which I didn't think I would.

But those last two seasons and what they could have, and did, culminate to. He was massive in my opinion.

Edit: I know there are a couple who aren't going to get votes but if they made me smile they got in my head. And I know I'm bound to have missed somebody.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,398 posts | 3401 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: LFC Player of the Decade
      Reply #1: Dec 30, 2019 12:54:31 pm
      You know, i have gone for jordan. After the absolute amount of sh*t he has received over the years he is still here and doing rather well thanks.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Dec 30, 2019 01:12:03 pm
      You know, i have gone for jordan. After the absolute amount of sh*t he has received over the years he is still here and doing rather well thanks.

Am I right in saying he’s also played more Premier League games than anyone else in the decade too? In a team that’s had a high number of players coming and going in that time, it’s not bad going is it. Must be doing something right.

Hard to choose though. Salah for his ridiculous amount of goals in the last 2 years, Virgil and Alisson for completely transforming the the defensive side of our team, Suarez for his brilliance in a very up and down period for the club.

Can make a case for nearly all of them in the poll being the player of the decade.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,315 posts | 1522 
      Reply #3: Dec 30, 2019 01:26:11 pm
      Has to be Stevie G for me.
      Suarez was in playable, mo is similar, Torres was also top drawer.
      Bob at the moment is doing it for me, but Stevie was dragging us through games long before Louis arrived, and again after he’d moved on.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4: Dec 30, 2019 01:51:30 pm
      Without any shadow of a doubt Stevie G, without him we would have been a mid to lower table club for most of the last decade. Such a shame Klopp didn't come along just a few years earlier because if there was one player who deserved a league title then it was Stevie. I'm so happy that its going well for him at Rangers, I see a bright future for him in management.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Dec 30, 2019 02:04:39 pm
      Gerrard as Liverpool player of the decade?
      Lads it's 2010s not 2000s FFS.

2008 Gerrard in any 2000s team of the decade absofuckinglutely.
      2010 - 2019. van Dijk changed the game for LFC.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,480 posts | 4824 
      Reply #6: Dec 30, 2019 02:50:39 pm
      Things like this can make a man reminisce.

I know how he left was sh*te, but...

What a F***ing player he was and what great moments he delivered.

He was a F***ing player, Cou:

https://youtu.be/atiy3TSJpMc
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7: Dec 30, 2019 03:04:37 pm

Was also gone in 2011 after a mediocre 2010.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #8: Dec 30, 2019 03:05:28 pm
      Let's not take this too seriously.

You're voting for YOUR player of the decade. Whether you're voting for what someone done over the course of a season or two, what someone done over the course of time, whether it was a contribution to a moment or competition or whether you believe you're voting for who you think performed better than anyone else in a Liverpool shirt in their time there over the last decade.

I've gone Mo. Which I didn't think I would.

But those last two seasons and what they could have, and did, culminate to. He was massive in my opinion.

Edit: I know there are a couple who aren't going to get votes but if they made me smile they got in my head. And I know I'm bound to have missed somebody.

Great topic/question.

Why isn't Mario Balotelli one of the options?  ;D

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Dec 30, 2019 03:21:41 pm
      Interesting question - nevermind Balotelli, wheres Konchesky and Poulsen? ;D

Seriously though, I think there's a case for a lot of players there, obviously some of the current team like Virg, Mane, Salah, Ali have all elevated us to the next level, players like Suarez and Coutinho were a joy to watch, but for player of the decade, think it has to go to Jordan Henderson.

He's been here from the start of our recovery to now, constantly proved fans, pundits (and some managers!) wrong. He's developed so much as a player and is emblematic of the mentality the team has in abundance now. He's made more PL appearances than any other player out there and deserves every success and every trophy lift.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,480 posts | 4824 
      Reply #10: Dec 30, 2019 06:02:59 pm
      Should I have put Raheem in there?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #11: Dec 30, 2019 06:11:52 pm
      Henderson.

Despite being maligned by some, every manager has seen his qualities, and kept him here, becoming vice captain, then captain.

He is an excellent player, but more than that, he sacrifices his own preferences for the good of the team.

Around 20 million quid, nearly 9 years into his time here, I have to say he has proved to be a shrewd buy by KK.

He hasn't been my favourite player of this decade, but his contribution means he is probably the most important; bridging the different managers, and being an ever present, injuries aside (and remarkably few of them).

People have been lining his replacement up ever since he came here; every summer it's "this guy is Hendersons replacement", and yet it never happens.

Those who don't rate him need to ask themselves why so many managers and players do.

Oh, and just for good measure, quote of the decade as well when he was injured in the first half against Barca "It's only pain, just give us everything".
      Quality.
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2019 06:23:58 pm by Swab »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Dec 30, 2019 06:37:39 pm
      On account of the thread title Jordan has played 350 games now (?) who has had a bigger influence over that period . 2 league cup finals Europa final two CL finals and two EPL runners up. The lads given nothing but his very best since the day he came
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,480 posts | 4824 
      Reply #13: Dec 30, 2019 07:07:15 pm
      Henderson.

Despite being maligned by some, every manager has seen his qualities, and kept him here, becoming vice captain, then captain.

He is an excellent player, but more than that, he sacrifices his own preferences for the good of the team.

Around 20 million quid, nearly 9 years into his time here, I have to say he has proved to be a shrewd buy by KK.

He hasn't been my favourite player of this decade, but his contribution means he is probably the most important; bridging the different managers, and being an ever present, injuries aside (and remarkably few of them).

People have been lining his replacement up ever since he came here; every summer it's "this guy is Hendersons replacement", and yet it never happens.

Those who don't rate him need to ask themselves why so many managers and players do.

Oh, and just for good measure, quote of the decade as well when he was injured in the first half against Barca "It's only pain, just give us everything".
      Quality.

When written like that, kind of wish I'd voted for Hendo now.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,289 posts | 763 
      Reply #14: Dec 30, 2019 07:17:36 pm
      Too many top drawer players for me. Although have to go for Stevie Gerard, such a loyal & outstanding player for the club.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #15: Dec 30, 2019 07:48:42 pm
      Henderson for me he has played most of the decade and has been brilliant.  When we came short with Brendan he was our best player by far.  He fought through injuries and a lot unfair criticism.    Salah has been close and so is VVD and haven't forgot Gerrard and never will, but this decade is going to Mentality Monster No.1.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16: Dec 30, 2019 07:59:00 pm
      Henderson for me he has played most of the decade and has been brilliant.  When we came short with Brendan he was our best player by far.  He fought through injuries and a lot unfair criticism.    Salah has been close and so is VVD and haven't forgot Gerrard and never will, but this decade is going to Mentality Monster No.1.

Voted for Hendo myself..has grown as the club has grown over this past 10 years, he is the one constant and if we pull the league this year will sit in rarefied air as a captain who has "won it all" at LFC.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #17: Dec 30, 2019 08:12:02 pm
      Voted for Hendo myself..has grown as the club has grown over this past 10 years, he is the one constant and if we pull the league this year will sit in rarefied air as a captain who has "won it all" at LFC.

Will still need the FA Cup to be a full house?  But wow deserves everything that comes his way.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #18: Dec 30, 2019 08:30:21 pm
      On account of the thread title Jordan has played 350 games now (?) who has had a bigger influence over that period . 2 league cup finals Europa final two CL finals and two EPL runners up. The lads given nothing but his very best since the day he came

Not forgetting that although the obvious 3 of Suarez, Sturridge and Gerrard were large parts of why we came so close to winning the league under BR, Hendo played a massive role too that I think went very unnoticed until how much we seemed to miss him when he was suspended for them 3 games on the run in.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,185 posts | 4909 
      Reply #19: Dec 30, 2019 09:58:27 pm
      So many fantastic players there.

Suarez was electric for a couple of seasons and arguably the most gifted player every to play for us.

Coutinho so vital for a good while, Salah's numbers are insane.

Mane is possibly the best player in Europe right now, Van Dijk has become the best CB we've had in decades.

I could go on and on but for me there's a clear Player of the Decade and that's the skipper.

A fantastic footballer who's came through a lot of criticism to lead this side to become European and World Champions. All being well delivering our first title in 30 years.

A true leader of men and a man who has been picked time and time again as a key player by so many managers.

Jordan Henderson.

Player of the Decade.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #20: Dec 30, 2019 11:10:03 pm
      Henderson for reason already explained..

Milner ...  what a F***ing freebie..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: Dec 30, 2019 11:31:09 pm
      You all have persuaded me about Hendo.
      Player of the Decade. Agreed.

Man have these boards changed
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,326 posts | 2812