Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Player of the Decade

LFC Player of the Decade

Read 4479 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: LFC Player of the Decade
      Reply #23: Dec 30, 2019 11:37:27 pm
      Wow El Bito has twice as much votes than our front 3 put together!

And Wijnaldum should be on the list as he is one of best consistent performers over the last 5 years!
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2019 11:42:39 pm by king kenny »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #24: Dec 30, 2019 11:40:31 pm
      Wow El Bito has twice as much votes than our front 3 put together!

Weird how so many Reds seem to not give a sh*t about the awful circumstances he left us in.

Certainly as worse as what Torres and Sterling did for me but at least Torres has been decent about us since.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,176 posts | 1630 
      Reply #25: Dec 31, 2019 05:44:35 am
      Funniest moment of the decade was Suarez diving in front of Moyes and Gollum was stood there looking like a lemon.

Closely followed by Kenny telling Wenger to F**k off for all the Sky camera’s to hear.

If we are judging for the full decade I’d probably go for Hendo, given his quality and length of time but I’m
      going with the big man, VVD. A lot of us were annoyed when we missed out that summer and said we should have got someone else in, rather than wait till Jan. Well thank F**k we didn’t because there is no player in world football I’d rather have at the back.

Transformed us defensively, before he arrived we were shaky at the back and as a team you had a sense of us being a little inconsistent, capable of great things but not able to do it every week. VVD changed all that, how many league games have we lost since he joined? Scores on his debut against Everton, made us all want to grow a goatee/ponytail combination, has a boss song and generally looks cool as anything.

VVD, player of the decade.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6343 
      Reply #26: Dec 31, 2019 06:25:48 am
      Kind of has to be Jordan, longevity and availability matters. And the amount of crap he’s put up with means something as well. He’s been a fixture this decade no doubt. Still think we win the title that year if he hadn’t got that red card......
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #27: Dec 31, 2019 02:34:05 pm
      Quite surprised I'm the only one who's voted for Mo.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #28: Dec 31, 2019 03:35:11 pm
      Voted for Henderson, although many of the others have very strong cases. I think TAA could easily be the player of the decade for the 2020s.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #29: Jan 01, 2020 12:12:05 am
      Quite surprised I'm the only one who's voted for Mo.

Yeh am surprised too.  Best forward of the decade for me, and for one season the most potent in Premiership history.  2 out of 2 golden boots only gets 1 vote these days, wow, are we getting spolt.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: Jan 01, 2020 12:28:25 am
      I am going to choose SG for he is part of LFC,  then when I think hard for player of the decade it has to be Henderson.

For me the moment of the decade will be seeing Henderson hugging his father when we are crown the European Champion. The emotion, the tears of joy.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #31: Jan 01, 2020 12:34:14 am
      The best individual moment of the decade was when the King return to his throne it was overdue by decades and was hands down the best moment for me!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #32: Jan 01, 2020 02:34:11 am
      I went Mane as I feel like he was the first key signing which help turn this club around into the powerhouse we have today and his contribution towards this turn around has been great.

This was really tough decision because a lot our best players only been here for few years of the decade besides Hendo and Gerrard.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6684 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #33: Jan 01, 2020 05:40:57 am
      Hendo for me, been here throughout, always gives 110%.

If it was a vote for who was the most exciting player, I'd without doubt say Luis Suarez...what an animal...F***ing loved that c**t!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,375 posts | 1454 
      Reply #34: Jan 01, 2020 08:49:00 am
      Plenty of players  in that list that have very strong cases for the player of the decade but for me it’s Jordan Henderson,when we signed him he had a huge pair of footie boots to fill and he probably got more sh*t from the Liverpool fanbase ,commentators,journo’s & pundits then any other midfielder/captain I can recall  & even today he still divides opinions But through it all the lad just put his kit on & got on with it & he continues to prove a great many wrong.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #35: Jan 01, 2020 10:18:00 am
      Wow!!!!! I chose Henderson and was ready to argue my case and then I saw the results. Glad 33 others agree with me.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,532 posts | 3903 
      Reply #36: Jan 01, 2020 10:53:41 am
      For longevity, consistency and captaining our route to Champions League winners.

Has to be Henderson.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #37: Jan 01, 2020 10:57:49 am
      Too many top drawer players for me. Although have to go for Stevie Gerard, such a loyal & outstanding player for the club.

Tell me one other player who always managed to drag us out of the brown stuff so often with his thunderbolt shots and all round powerhouse play. Stevie G for me very time.  And into the bargain a home grown Scouser.

Just ask yourself who would you want in midfield, Steve or Hendo.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38: Jan 01, 2020 11:13:56 am
      Of the decade - Luis Suarez.
      Was doing the geggenpresse for us before Jürgen arrived.
      Without the ball never stopped hassling the opposition.
      With the ball, was tenacious, always looked to beat people, and scored amazing goals.
      Joined the club for 20 something mill, left it a different and way better player imho.
      Without a defense, he was a big reason we almost got a title in 13/14, and were so good to watch for a period of time.
      Once he crossed the white line, would sell his own mother to score and win, or bite chunks out of lads.
      Had some unbelievable spells and for the memories of those, gets my vote.

In saying that, roll on 2020 :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: Jan 01, 2020 11:39:58 am
      Tell me one other player who always managed to drag us out of the brown stuff so often with his thunderbolt shots and all round powerhouse play. Stevie G for me very time.  And into the bargain a home grown Scouser.

your right of course Gerrard would always be on the team sheet but over the decade Hendo has been a very good influence on the team and he carried out Jürgen's instructions to the letter despite it meaning him getting a slagging off on a regular basis until Fab came in to release him a bit more. I will always remember Hendo lifting the CL trophy and that meeting with his Dad on the pitch.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 911 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #40: Jan 01, 2020 12:17:50 pm
      Hard to pick between Suarez and Steve Gerrard, went for Gerrard in the end wish he could play in this side.....
      RedWilly

• 9,176 posts | 1630 
      Reply #41: Jan 01, 2020 12:18:40 pm

Not a fair comparison because you would want Stevie ahead of any midfield player in history imo. I was reading some quotes about him earlier and how it was to compete against him. Maldini saying how Stevie was the only player who’s leadership style reminded him of France Baresi through leading by example. The names who have showered praise on him speak volumes.

Stevie was an absolute gem and largely kept us relevant as a football club. Without him, god knows where we would have ended up.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,532 posts | 3903 
      Reply #42: Jan 01, 2020 12:39:28 pm
      Of the decade - Luis Suarez.
      Was doing the geggenpresse for us before Jürgen arrived.
      Without the ball never stopped hassling the opposition.
      With the ball, was tenacious, always looked to beat people, and scored amazing goals.
      Joined the club for 20 something mill, left it a different and way better player imho.
      Without a defense, he was a big reason we almost got a title in 13/14, and were so good to watch for a period of time.
      Once he crossed the white line, would sell his own mother to score and win, or bite chunks out of lads.
      Had some unbelievable spells and for the memories of those, gets my vote.

In saying that, roll on 2020 :)

I’ll just never forgive his antics, fabulous talent but didn’t give a sh*t about Liverpool. Thank F**k we beat the c**t last season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #43: Jan 01, 2020 02:43:34 pm
      I’ll just never forgive his antics, fabulous talent but didn’t give a sh*t about Liverpool. Thank f**k we beat the c**t last season.

We just got a taste of what we used to love seeing him do to other teams whilst with us. The way he used to wind the opposition up, it was like giving us an instant advantage. Think he cared a lot about the club when he was here, could tell by the emotion of when we were essentially finished off in the race that season. But for him, he's very much one of them players that as soon as he goes to another club, all ties are then cut and if he ever faces a previous team, it's clear to see that the second he crosses that white line, you are nothing more than another obstacle in his way of winning so will stop at nothing to try and make that happen. But in a way, I'm kind of glad he was like that against us because I'm sure that's when Robbo started to become such a shithouse :laugh:, and I think it just motivated the team even more, done us a favour in a way.

But you're bang on, thank f**k we didn't lose to it as a result, something not many teams can say.

Fair shout on player of the decade though. Think if he hadn't missed so many games through suspension, he'd probably have been a lot closer to getting that accolade.
      « Last Edit: Jan 01, 2020 02:49:06 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #44: Jan 01, 2020 02:58:53 pm
      Stevie was an absolute gem and largely kept us relevant as a football club. Without him, god knows where we would have ended up.

He's not my player of the decade, he's my player of the last millennium :) Top of my list
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #45: Jan 01, 2020 03:02:21 pm
      but didn’t give a sh*t about Liverpool. Thank f**k we beat the c**t last season.

Think he cared when his mind was on it.
      And for me the 4-0 win against Barca was the win of the decade, absolutely unbelievable night :)

Quick Reply