Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

I want the FA Cup.

Read 5597 times
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 92 posts | 19 
      I want the FA Cup.
      Dec 30, 2019 09:09:52 pm
      That is all
      « Last Edit: Dec 31, 2019 11:39:01 pm by RedPuppy »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: I want the fa Cup
      Reply #1: Dec 30, 2019 09:27:59 pm
      FA cup would be nice to a get a full house for Hendo.   But suppose it depends on the squad we are just thin at the moment with a lot of key players out.  Personally would like a mixture of a few of our star players mixed with fringe and youth players.  We have a fantastic lead in the league but it is bang on half way and fielding weak sides would be complacency at this stage.  If we can navigate past this round we should be getting the likes of Lovren/Matip and Fabinho back for the next round. 
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #2: Dec 31, 2019 04:14:34 pm

Well I doubt Klopp has that great an interest and he isn't going to jepardise our Premier league title chase in pursuit of what is third priority. He'll put out a line up of mostly fringe players with the odd first teamer and young players.V Everton something like.

Adrian

Milner...Hoever...VVD... Robbo or Larouci.

Shaq....Lallana....Gini

Elliott...Origi...Minami no.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3: Dec 31, 2019 04:20:51 pm
      Bit of a break after the game so go full strength. No coincedencr for me we have had form dips in january when. Klopp changes the team around for the cup
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 573 
      Reply #4: Dec 31, 2019 04:28:05 pm
      For the first time in a long time I would say go with the kids we cannot afford any injuries - the fa cup means a lot of course - and it would have to be frigging Everton who will be out to kick the F**k out of us - so for me - leave it alone
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Dec 31, 2019 06:49:18 pm
      I just think it is worth competing for based on the competition's prestige and history.

There already seems to be a movement to scrap the League Cup (at least for Premier League teams) - but do we need to get rid of the FA Cup as well? I don't see why, especially given it is played on weekend dates. They've already started taking replays out of some of the rounds haven't they?

All the buzz seems to be that we will field a weakened side for this, but I hope we go for it. All of us would relish, in person at Wembly or watching from afar, our side lifting the trophy for this competition.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #6: Dec 31, 2019 06:53:13 pm
      I want them all but that’s just me being a greedy t,,t , plus do this and the others and it puts another five timer in the cupboard .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: I want the FA Cup.
      Reply #7: Jan 01, 2020 06:38:22 am
      Every time we have won the F.A.Cup going back to the first time in 1965 the City of Liverpool has gone wild.If we win it again this season I am sure the same would apply.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #8: Jan 01, 2020 09:19:55 am
      First time that I watched Liverpool on the box. They beat our old rivals Leeds 2  1, followed the Reds ever since !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #9: Jan 01, 2020 09:39:12 am
      First time that I watched Liverpool on the box. They beat our old rivals Leeds 2  1, followed the Reds ever since !

I could be wrong, but I think that’s when we adopted our anthem,
      Y N W A.
      Please correct me if you know different !
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #10: Jan 01, 2020 10:36:19 am
      Y N W A.

No idea tbh, I am sure some better informed LFC fan could answer your query.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #11: Jan 01, 2020 10:50:30 am
      Y N W A.

If memory serves me correctly,  it was first sung just after it reached number one in the charts. Around a month after the start of the season 1963. It was immediately adopted by the Kop Chior.

Celtic  started singing it much later.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #12: Jan 01, 2020 01:48:44 pm
      I would still like to win the F.A. Cup but I don't think we have enough strength in depth and I think Klopp will be prioritising the league
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Jan 01, 2020 02:20:06 pm
      Winning builds confidence and right now we are getting a nice haul of trophies started. The Carabao cup I couldn’t have given a damn about, it’s a joke of a competition that’s badly arranged and named after some obscure energy drink...says it all.
      But the FA Cup we haven’t had a good run in since we got to the semi final and embarrassed by Villa. A long time since we won this so although I expect there will be some changes, I hope it’s not too many and stronger than the line ups we used up until the kids played in the Carabao Cup.
      Expect the likes of Shaq, Origi, Adrian etc to start but I have no problem with that, our rotated team has shown over the last year they should still have more than enough for a full strength Everton team.

Could argue not having the FA Cup would benefit us in the league but as City showed last season, that isn’t really the case because they won pretty much every game they had from their Newcastle defeat whilst still winning the FA Cup whilst we were drawing 3-4 games in a matter of weeks.

Plus, I can think of nothing worse than having these jack asses bragging for a year about how they put us out the cup. Bad enough they based last season as a success because they held us to a draw.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #14: Jan 01, 2020 03:13:03 pm
      I want the FA Cup every season because I want Liverpool to win every single game they play in.

We had seven trophies to go for this year, we've currently won two and lost two. So lets do our upmost to end the season with five trophies instead of two, three or four.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Jan 01, 2020 04:01:12 pm
      I would like the FA Cup but not at the risk of our league ambitions. We seem to have rotten luck with the draws in cup competitions though. Is the third year in a row we get prem opposition in the 3rd round?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #16: Jan 01, 2020 05:09:51 pm
      I want nothing to get in the way of winning the Prem we need this monkey of our backs and then we can really flourish and shake of the ghosts of past glory's. If we stumble at all in the league the press and media will be over us like a rash desperate for us to fail/
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,179 posts | 1097 
      Reply #17: Jan 02, 2020 01:21:23 am
      Were going to do the double this year. Were winning the FA Cup right after we win the league for the first time in 30 years
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #18: Jan 02, 2020 01:02:13 pm
      I'd love us to win the FA Cup but it certainly won't be the end of the world if we don't.

One thing we definitely need to do, though. Is beat Everton on Sunday. If we were playing anybody else I wouldn't have too many complaints about putting an under-strength team out but we can't do that against this lot. Those bas**rds will celebrate like they've just won the league if they manage to scrape past our u23s

Seeing as we've got a 10 point lead with 2 games in hand I don't see any reason why we should overly prioritize the league. Of course it's our top priority but we've given ourselves a good enough buffer to mount a decent challenge on all fronts so the FA Cup is certainly worth going for
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: Jan 02, 2020 02:06:25 pm
      I'd love us to win the FA Cup but it certainly won't be the end of the world if we don't.

One thing we definitely need to do, though. Is beat Everton on Sunday. If we were playing anybody else I wouldn't have too many complaints about putting an under-strength team out but we can't do that against this lot. Those bas**rds will celebrate like they've just won the league if they manage to scrape past our u23s

Seeing as we've got a 10 point lead with 2 games in hand I don't see any reason why we should overly prioritize the league. Of course it's our top priority but we've given ourselves a good enough buffer to mount a decent challenge on all fronts so the FA Cup is certainly worth going for

So are you saying rotate/freshen tonight and go full strength Sunday?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #20: Jan 02, 2020 02:13:55 pm

We can certainly rotate to a certain degree in both games by using Shaq, Milner, Lallana, Origi etc but I wouldn't want to see the likes of Brewster, Elliot, Van Den Berg & Hoever start against Everton
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #21: Jan 02, 2020 02:16:33 pm

full strength tonight and I will give my boots a clean for Sunday there is one objective for this club the PREMIER LEAGUE nothing else matters. Win that we will be  League Champs. European Champs and World Champs the FA Cup just isn't worth the risk of injuring players.
      Next season yes go for everything and see how it goes but now is not the time
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22: Jan 02, 2020 02:19:33 pm
      We can certainly rotate to a certain degree in both games by using the likes of Shaq, Milner, Lallana, Origi etc but I wouldn't want to see the likes of Brewster, Elliot, Van Den Berg & Hoever start against Everton

Understood. That's the thing though, with Shaqiri injured again, there's really only the three "adult backups" (Jürgen's term) available for outfield players. These final two matches of an incredibly busy stretch will still require close to full strength teams unless he will use U23 players. It seems like most fans don't want him to do that for either match so the other choice then is to keep playing mostly the same team.

Quick Reply