Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre match: Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round: 5 Jan. 2020: KO 16:01 GMT

Read 8186 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre match: Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round: 5 Jan. 2020: KO 16:01 GMT
      Jan 03, 2020 04:00:17 am
      Selection dilemma for Klopp.

"So what I will not do, I will not tell Carlo Ancelotti the line-up. But I will do what I think is right to do. Some things I can decide by myself, I will. And some things the medical department will tell me. So that means I don't know in this moment what the line-up will be, but it will be the best possible [one] for us in this moment. For this game, I know that and I'm pretty sure that Carlo will not make a lot of changes. They started already really, really well, but now having the opportunity to win at Anfield which didn't happen for a few years, that's another big chance [for them]. But we will have fresh legs and what we need is support. They played yesterday, we played today, the only advantage we have is Anfield. We need support from the first second. We will see how it will be. It was a tough game tonight and we have to make sure we make the right decisions. Hopefully I can do that."

The fact is he hasn't rotated much at all in December, or even in this recent logjam of matches. Does he dare go one more game with much the same lineup?

It seems to be assumed he will use a lot of young players for this one (With that in mind, the LFC Team Builder needs to add Minamino AND Curtis Jones.  :) ). The hard part about this is the defense. No senior backups now for Joe and Virgil, or for the fullbacks unless you count Milner, but with Keita, Fabinho and Ox all injured I'd think Jürgen would want to use Millie in midfield. Of course he just played 90 minutes tonight so.....another dilemma.

We should see Minamino make his debut, I'm guessing in midfield, Divock on from the start and Lallana starting in midfield. May see Adrian as well. Beyond that, really hard to say.

But let's win.
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2020 02:30:12 pm by Robby The Z »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round: 5 Jan. 2020: KO 16:01 GMT
      Reply #1: Jan 03, 2020 04:21:37 am
      I'm going to try like you say Origi, Lallana, Minamino and Adrian will probably be definites.  Defense will probably be the real weak point.  1 man will change the total dynamics of it but do you risk VVD? playing him instantly strengthen the defence but very risky.  I'd play Jones in midfield.

Adrian

Williams  VVD  Philips  Larouci/Milner

Chirivella  Lallana  Jones

Minamino   Brewster   Origi     
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Jan 03, 2020 07:46:58 am
      I would play/start as strong a team as possible but it depends on who is fresh etc. Yesterdays game was relatively easy and I can't imagine any of our players are to tired after that.
      I really want to maintain this winning streak and definitely don't want to lose to the Bitters at home.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #3: Jan 03, 2020 08:55:10 am
      Losing is non negotiable. I don't care what Jürgen says. It's a fan demand. And of all the matches, we have the most right to demand a win here, even when there's nothing to do with the title or three points.

A win is a must... for those who truly understand this fixture.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #4: Jan 03, 2020 09:36:21 am
                      Alisson
      Trent     Virgil    Gomez      Robbo
                     Lallana
            Milner            Wijnaldum

Salah     Firmino     Mane

Sorry but it's F***ing Everton, maybe swap one of the front 3 for Origi & bring the new lad in somewhere but we shouldn't be playing the kids & risking a defeat against these tw*ts, you won't hear the last of it if they manage to beat our u23s. Haven't won at Anfield in over 2 decades so let's keep it that way.

We'll have a 6 day break after this game so let's give it one last push, knock these bluenose bas**rds out and then refuel for spurs next week
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #5: Jan 03, 2020 09:41:30 am
      Losing is non negotiable. I don't care what Jürgen says. It's a fan demand. And of all the matches, we have the most right to demand a win here, even when there's nothing to do with the title or three points.

A win is a must... for those who truly understand this fixture.
      Indeed,I could just about handle going out the cup to anyone else,but to this lot? Not a chance,would love us to give them another pasting like we did in early December,want to send this lot crawling back under their rocks.
      Don’t care who there manager is they are still sh*te.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6: Jan 03, 2020 09:43:24 am
                      Alisson
      Trent     Virgil    Gomez      Robbo
                     Lallana
            Milner            Wijnaldum

Salah     Firmino     Mane

Sorry but it's f**king Everton, maybe swap one of the front 3 for Origi & bring the new lad in somewhere but we shouldn't be playing the kids & risking a defeat against these tw*ts, you won't hear the last of it if they manage to beat our u23s. Haven't won at Anfield in over 2 decades so let's keep it that way.

We'll have a 6 day break after this game so let's give it one last push, knock these bluenose bas**rds out and then refuel for spurs next week

Not often I agree with you but spot on!
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #7: Jan 03, 2020 09:46:15 am
      It’s crap luck that we have no senior defensive cover. I’m sure Klopp’s intention was always to rest his starting 11 for this one. Even though it’s Everton I’m not sure he will compromise on this. We could really use one of VVD or Gomez to play alongside a young back four but I don’t think we’ll see either. I think Milner, Lallana and Origi start with Adrian and Minamino. The rest will be the youngsters.

Given the travel and Christmas fixture pile up the league has to be the priority. Anyone who thinks our players aren’t tired needs to rethink. Hamstrings, quads and adductor injuries often occur when players are fatigued or overworked.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #8: Jan 03, 2020 09:50:43 am
      Not often I agree with you but spot on!

Imagine the carry on from them if they scrape past our u23s! You won't hear the last of it!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #9: Jan 03, 2020 09:59:31 am
      Squad is Starting to look a bit thin, League and CL should be our priority so I wouldn’t mind seeing quite a few regulars given a break even if it is the bitters we can’t afford any more injuries with Spurs, Utd and Wolves our next 3 league games.
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #10: Jan 03, 2020 10:58:14 am
      Can understand everyone's point of view around the strength of XI but gotta feeling he will make significant  changes here. Jones and lallana will start along with Origi and Milner. Think Mane and Vigil will start though
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #11: Jan 03, 2020 11:01:56 am
      With only 2 fit centre-halves I’d be surprised if he risks either one of them on Sunday. No doubt a few will point the finger if this is the case and we lose the match but I won’t.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #12: Jan 03, 2020 11:19:57 am
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #13: Jan 03, 2020 11:48:30 am
      Can understand everyone's point of view around the strength of XI but gotta feeling he will make significant  changes here. Jones and lallana will start along with Origi and Milner. Think Mane and Vigil will start though

And we’ll still beat them
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #14: Jan 03, 2020 12:43:44 pm
      Let's look at the team that won 5-2 last month

Origi
      Mane Lallana Shaq
      Milner Gini
      Robbo Virg Lovren Trent
      Adrian

I feel we'll line up something similar to that:

Origi
      Mane Takumi Elliott
      Jones Lallana
      Milner Phillips Hoever/VdB Neco
      Adrian

Risking the only 2 fit center halves in an intense derby esp with Spurs and United coming up, is just too risky. We have a difficult line of fixtures to negotiate this Jan, with travels to Wolves and West Ham. The injured players are probably returning early Feb, so we need to bubble-wrap our defence until then.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #15: Jan 03, 2020 01:52:26 pm
      Very tricky situation. No current cover at centre back and with Keita now injured we're thin in the middle of the park as well. Apart from maybe Mane I'm expecting a whole new XI for this.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 43 
      Reply #16: Jan 03, 2020 01:57:42 pm
      Adrian

Alexander-Arnold
      Gomez
      Van Dijk
      Robertson

Lallana
      Wijnaldum
      Milner (c)

Elliot
      Origi
      Minamino

Subs:

Alisson
      Williams
      Phillips
      Henderson
      Jones
      Mane
      Brewster
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17: Jan 03, 2020 01:58:02 pm
      I would play/start as strong a team as possible but it depends on who is fresh etc. Yesterdays game was relatively easy and I can't imagine any of our players are to tired after that.
      I really want to maintain this winning streak and definitely don't want to lose to the Bitters at home.

In kind of with this. Well, I certainly want the changes to be a lot more subtle than people are suggesting they will be.

It's F***ing Everton.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #18: Jan 03, 2020 02:36:14 pm
      In kind of with this. Well, I certainly want the changes to be a lot more subtle than people are suggesting they will be.

It's F***ing Everton.

I'm torn, but more than anything I just cant be fu**ed with their DVD release should they come here and win.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19: Jan 03, 2020 02:40:56 pm
      Let's look at the team that won 5-2 last month

Origi
      Mane Lallana Shaq
      Milner Gini
      Robbo Virg Lovren Trent
      Adrian

I feel we'll line up something similar to that:

Origi
      Mane Takumi Elliott
      Jones Lallana
      Milner Phillips Hoever/VdB Neco
      Adrian

Risking the only 2 fit center halves in an intense derby esp with Spurs and United coming up, is just too risky. We have a difficult line of fixtures to negotiate this Jan, with travels to Wolves and West Ham. The injured players are probably returning early Feb, so we need to bubble-wrap our defence until then.

IF he goes for 11 changes than I think you are close here, only Curtis Jones is never a holding midfielder. He's been playing more in the front three this season for the U23s. So put him in Mane's place and then maybe we see Pedro Chirivella who has been training with the first team of late, probably with this match in mind.

So:
      Adrian
      Neco Williams, Nat Phillips, Kijana Hoever, James Milner
      Chirivella, Lallana
      Elliott, Minamino, Jones
      Origi.

Alternatively Elliott and Jones push forward into a 4-3-3 although during most the match it is hard to tell the difference, depending on whether we have possession or not. If he opts to give Sepp Van den Berg a start at center half, Hoever could play left back and Milner in midfield. Not to be overly critical of a kid, but Sepp has been rather overwhelmed against first team professionals so far

While Klopp may play some of the first team regulars, one thing I'm sure of is that his decision won't be based on Everton fans gloating over an FA Cup third round win while we're en route to a record-setting breaking of our league title drought. Priorities.
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2020 03:11:04 pm by Robby The Z »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6377 
      Reply #20: Jan 03, 2020 02:41:57 pm
      Klopp will field a strong team.

Wouldn't be surprised to see something like this:

Adrian

Gomez
      Phillips
      VVD
      Milner

Henderson
      Lallana
      Gini

Salah
      Minamino
      Origi

Maybe Elliot in for Salah?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #21: Jan 03, 2020 03:04:23 pm
      Has to go strongish. Its everton.

But there will be changes.

His hands a bit tied tho. with all the Injuries.

Can maybe see some of the younger lads starting, with a strong bench, or visa versa. depends really.

Its terrible timing for naby & shaq, both really needed just now.

Phillips has been brought back for this game, so he will defo start.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 119 posts | 24 
      Reply #22: Jan 03, 2020 04:31:07 pm
      We have five and seven days between the matches after Sunday.  Plenty of time for proper rest.  I’m sure Klopp will field a strong side, one capable of victory, yet still give a few of the lads a rest. Bobby gave so much in December and he didn’t look himself yesterday.  I could see him on the bench as well as Henderson who has been a machine throughout. 

Quick Reply