Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre match: Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round: 5 Jan. 2020: KO 16:01 GMT

Read 8176 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round: 5 Jan. 2020: KO 16:01 GMT
      Reply #23: Jan 03, 2020 04:36:55 pm
      I'm torn, but more than anything I just cant be fu**ed with their DVD release should they come here and win.

Yeah like F**k I want this World conquering, title chasing team to be usurped because those dogs beat our kids at Anfield.

Send out the full team and batter them into submission.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #24: Jan 03, 2020 04:54:20 pm
      Yeah like F**k I want this World conquering, title chasing team to be usurped because those dogs beat our kids at Anfield.

Send out the full team and batter them into submission.
      Now that I agree with , just don’t want a draw out of it don’t think our top 11 will play but I do expect a team good enough to beat them , there no way I wand to see them yard dogs kicking the sh*t out of our youngsters

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #25: Jan 03, 2020 05:27:57 pm
      Let's look at the team that won 5-2 last month

Origi
      Mane Lallana Shaq
      Milner Gini
      Robbo Virg Lovren Trent
      Adrian

I feel we'll line up something similar to that:

Origi
      Mane Takumi Elliott
      Jones Lallana
      Milner Phillips Hoever/VdB Neco
      Adrian

Risking the only 2 fit center halves in an intense derby esp with Spurs and United coming up, is just too risky. We have a difficult line of fixtures to negotiate this Jan, with travels to Wolves and West Ham. The injured players are probably returning early Feb, so we need to bubble-wrap our defence until then.

Think injured players back before then already out running is Fab
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #26: Jan 03, 2020 05:36:23 pm
      I think you will see a mix of 3 or 4 first team regulars and rest being kids as our squad is pretty thin give the injuries to all our bench players at the moment. It would be nice to see some of the youngster get a run out and not be thrown to the wolves like they did vs Villa and hope we can find a result because it would be nice to have a FA Cup run to give more minutes to bench and youth players.

--------------Adrian--------------
      Hoever-Gomez---VvD-----Milner
      -----Lallana--Gini----Jones------
      --Eillot------Origi-------Minamino
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #27: Jan 03, 2020 06:22:45 pm
      Let's get this right....This is f***in War...historically this lot ARE our rivals...even if they were leagues  below us, it would still be WAR, and I'd expect my strongest possible X1 to go out there and batter the actual sh*te out of them,

I'm not Scouse but i do understand what it means to both sets of local support to have the bragging rights that they fight over ,I'm a Glaswegian, I know only to well about local rivalry,

I've been to many a derby in Glasgow and Liverpool,  So I know, I remember back in the late 80's being on the Kop,  I remember this bitter blue b***ard with his hand on my throat, I remember when he let go my head in collision with his f***in nose, I remember getting dragged away by my red comrades preventing a proper riot, my hatred for this f***in lot knows no bounds,  horrible f***in club and SHITEHOUSE fans,

Anyhoo,  don't give these kunts a inch, I love the fact it's 20 yrs since they beat us on our pitch,  let's keep it going for another 20 + years.

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #28: Jan 03, 2020 07:01:22 pm
      The more I think of this game the more and more I want him to go as close as possible to full throttle. Origi Minamino and Nat Phillips (not for VVD) should come in but other than that I want him to go full strength. No 16/17 year olds. Yesterday I was half thinking getting knocked out of the cup wouldn’t be the end of the world but the more I think of it it would be absolutely terrible to be knocked out by them pricks. After Sunday play Achterburg Ljinders and Klopp against whoever else we get in the next round.

Not scouse so I don’t get the Everton-Liverpool thing even 20% as much as a scouser would as I only know roughly 15 Everton supporters (about 13 of them are awful dickheads) but it’s a simply must win for me so I could imagine how others feel about it.

One last push surely wouldn’t kill them.  Also don’t see the point playing Adrian over Alisson I’m aware of mental fatigue but it’s not as if Alisson was even tested last 3 games he should most definitely be in goal Sunday.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #29: Jan 03, 2020 07:44:12 pm
      Just to echo what precious posters have said, it’s fair to say that locals will have a far better appreciation for how much this fixture means. Like Billy, I’m a Glaswegian, and know enough about local derbies to understand how important it is to win at all costs.

However anyone looking for an indication of what the team is going to look like on Sunday only needs to listen to Klopp’s presser today. He does not think like a fan and said outright that he is not going to be ruled by emotion. He also made it quite clear the impacts the congested Xmas period has had on his players. To me that sounds like he is alluding to changes, and a fair few of them. Personally expect to see at least 6/7 changes with Adrian, Origi, Lallana, Minamino, Jones and Phillips All starting. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Elliott also starting.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #30: Jan 03, 2020 08:19:09 pm
      Just to echo what precious posters have said, it’s fair to say that locals will have a far better appreciation for how much this fixture means. Like Billy, I’m a Glaswegian, and know enough about local derbies to understand how important it is to win at all costs.

However anyone looking for an indication of what the team is going to look like on Sunday only needs to listen to Klopp’s presser today. He does not think like a fan and said outright that he is not going to be ruled by emotion. He also made it quite clear the impacts the congested Xmas period has had on his players. To me that sounds like he is alluding to changes, and a fair few of them. Personally expect to see at least 6/7 changes with Adrian, Origi, Lallana, Minamino, Jones and Phillips All starting. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Elliott also starting.

Elliot is 16 the Merseyside Derby has seen more yellows and reds than any other fixture in premier league history despite being amazing this may be a step too far for him. Adrian why? Alisson hardly made a save the last few weeks it’s been piss easy for him.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #31: Jan 03, 2020 08:45:33 pm
      Not to weak a team, imagine if the bitters won we will never hear the end of it
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #32: Jan 03, 2020 08:51:45 pm
      I appreciate the passion from everyone talking about going strong because it is the local rival, but these were the words of Klopp in today's presser on his team selection being influenced by the opponent being Everton:

“That would not be sensible, and I have to be,” he said.

“The moment when I start getting emotional, and it’s not during the game, then all of us at Liverpool have a problem.

“I’m usually not emotional, I try to make decisions because of the situation and not because of the opponent.

“We respect them, how you can imagine, we respect the competition, respect what the people want us to achieve—that’s a very important part of it.

“But I cannot do things because of the name of the opponent.”

This after extended comments sharply criticizing the schedule English teams have been playing the past 2-3 weeks, calling for true reform.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #33: Jan 03, 2020 09:17:19 pm
      Let's also not forget they may rest players due to the games they have played and knowing we will rest also
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #34: Jan 03, 2020 09:29:56 pm
      Let's also not forget they may rest players due to the games they have played and knowing we will rest also

This is their version of the european cup final they’re resting nobody.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #35: Jan 03, 2020 10:01:52 pm

Hahahah there is absolutely no chance these will be resting players!!!

This is their chance in a lifetime chance (literally for those under 20 years old) for them to win a game at Anfield.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #36: Jan 03, 2020 10:03:43 pm
      They would be crazy to go full strength in this game they have more to lose.  The most embarrassing thing would be thought of their full strength losing to our kids which got beat comprehensively by Villa.   yes a few best ones were missing. But nevertheless it would be very shameful.   I would be surprised if they play at full strength.  I think the biggest problem is the defense.   I would risk playing VVD even if its only for about an hour.   He himself will make it a brilliant lesson for the youngsters - learn from the master.  He could probably handle their whole attack on his own.  We should have Lallana in midfield,  Adrian in goal and at least Origi up front.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #37: Jan 03, 2020 10:11:54 pm
      People on here have lost their heads if they think for one second Everton wont be full strength.

Mid table, not won a trophy since 95 and away at the enemy, a game that if Carlo Ancelotti wins he will go down as a hero no matter what else he does.

There isn't a chance in hell the blue sh*te dont go all out for this one, and I cant believe that is even being questioned!!

We've been here before to be fair. 3rd round FA Cup, playing Everton at home after a busy period of fixtures for both teams, and If memory serves both teams were as strong as they could be.
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2020 10:16:23 pm by fields of anny rd »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #38: Jan 03, 2020 10:19:38 pm
      Wow they've got to mid table.  Last time I notice them in the league they were drowning just above relegation zone.   I suppose I should open my curtains once in a while!  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2020 10:46:53 pm by king kenny »
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #39: Jan 03, 2020 10:21:23 pm
      People on here have lost their heads if they think for one second Everton wont be full strength.

Mid table, not won a trophy since 95 and away at the enemy, a game that if Carlo Ancelotti wins he will go down as a hero no matter what else he does.

There isn't a chance in hell the blue sh*te dont go all out for this one, and I cant believe that is even being questioned!!

We've been here before to be fair. 3rd round FA Cup, playing Everton at home after a busy period of fixtures for both teams, and If memory serves both teams were as strong as they could be.

So you are saying they will play exactly the same side as against City ?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Jan 03, 2020 10:36:44 pm
      So you are saying they will play exactly the same side as against City ?

Also wonder if we were down to 12 first team players for that match. Fabinho, Oxlaide-Chamberlin, Keita, Lovren, Matip, Shaqiri, Clyne.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41: Jan 03, 2020 10:46:41 pm
      Bit of a shi**er.
      Want to rest guys.
      But it's Everton.
      Still, think he'll rest guys, it's been such a busy Xmas.
      Expecting to see the Carling Cup team - and the F***ing chips fall where they fall.
      Imho, don't take eyes off the ball - the PL, then the CL.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #42: Jan 04, 2020 12:58:43 am
      Mnamino to score the winner - you heard it here first!
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #43: Jan 04, 2020 09:32:25 am
      Let's look at the team that won 5-2 last month

Origi
      Mane Lallana Shaq
      Milner Gini
      Robbo Virg Lovren Trent
      Adrian

I feel we'll line up something similar to that:

Origi
      Mane Takumi Elliott
      Jones Lallana
      Milner Phillips Hoever/VdB Neco
      Adrian

Risking the only 2 fit center halves in an intense derby esp with Spurs and United coming up, is just too risky. We have a difficult line of fixtures to negotiate this Jan, with travels to Wolves and West Ham. The injured players are probably returning early Feb, so we need to bubble-wrap our defence until then.

Larouci in for Mane. Great line-up proposal 
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #44: Jan 04, 2020 09:54:45 am
      It's going to be unbearable if they win. There'll be no end to how they beat the world champions and ended our winning streak.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #45: Jan 04, 2020 10:10:08 am
      It's going to be unbearable if they win. There'll be no end to how they beat the world champions and ended our winning streak.

Not lost at Anfield in almost 3 years too. Do I F**k want those bas**rds to be the ones to break the record

Close to full strength for me with a bit of rotation

Quick Reply