Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Pre match: Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round: 5 Jan. 2020: KO 16:01 GMT

Read 8313 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round: 5 Jan. 2020: KO 16:01 GMT
      Reply #46: Jan 04, 2020 10:17:26 am
      Elliot is 16 the Merseyside Derby has seen more yellows and reds than any other fixture in premier league history despite being amazing this may be a step too far for him. Adrian why? Alisson hardly made a save the last few weeks it’s been piss easy for him.

Yeah don't understand throwing Adrian in at all. There's no real reason why we shouldn't at least be playing our #1 goalkeeper for this. Adrian has probably made more appearances this season than he expected to in his entire Liverpool career (including the most recent derby). He can sit this one out
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #47: Jan 04, 2020 10:19:20 am
      Not lost at Anfield in almost 3 years too. Do I f**k want those bas**rds to be the ones to break the record

Close to full strength for me with a bit of rotation

In the league that is. Pretty sure Chelsea beat us at Anfield last season in the League Cup.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #48: Jan 04, 2020 10:21:26 am
      In the league that is. Pretty sure Chelsea beat us at Anfield last season in the League Cup.

You're right!

Still a year and a half is a decent record worth savouring
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #49: Jan 04, 2020 10:46:52 am
      Whats with all the one minute past kick offs ?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #50: Jan 04, 2020 10:47:43 am

Something to raise awareness for mental health I think
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #51: Jan 04, 2020 10:52:28 am

Mental health awareness blitz.

Not even funny when you realise how much this Tory government has exacerbated this. Having said that, at long last, the majority of mental health trusts received a funding boost last year, but it was like pissing in the wind after their budgets had been cut by over £100m in real terms since the Conservatives came to power and mental health funding is not ring-fenced and can be diverted to plug other gaps created by the unnecessary austerity forced upon this country by this shyster Tory government.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #52: Jan 04, 2020 11:01:14 am

All Emirates FA Cup third round ties will be delayed by one minute to encourage fans to ‘Take A Minute’ to think about looking after their mental health, as part of the Heads Up campaign.

The move will see all 32 ties, excluding replays, kick off one minute later than their traditionally scheduled broadcast and non-broadcast timeslots, for example 3.01pm, 12.16pm and 7.46pm.

It's hoped that the initiative will raise awareness of the importance of looking after our mental health, with 60 seconds representing just the first step in the journey to improved wellbeing. During the minute delay, fans will be encouraged to consider the positive impact 60 seconds can have on their own wellbeing or in supporting a friend or family member.

Heads Up is partnering with Public Health England’s ‘Every Mind Matters’ across the Emirates FA Cup third round to draw attention to the simple steps we can all take to look after our mental health and wellbeing.

The partnership will signpost to the free, online ‘Every Mind Matters’ resources and ‘Your Mind Plan’ tool, which fans can use to create a personal mental health action plan, providing them with a tailored set of simple self-care actions. In conjunction with Heads Up charity partners Mind, CALM, Heads Together and Sporting Chance, fans will also be provided helpful tips and advice on how they can approach managing their mental health.

Messaging will be visible across the weekend of fixtures, both in the stadia and for the millions watching from home.

Spearheaded by HRH The Duke of Cambridge, the Heads Up campaign harnesses the influence and popularity of football to encourage more people – particularly men – to feel comfortable talking about, and taking action to improve, their mental health and to recognise that mental fitness is just as important as physical fitness.

FA chief executive Mark Bullingham said: “While delaying kick-off times by 60 seconds is a simple idea, it provides a powerful platform for us and our Heads Up charity partners to deliver a really important message on mental health.

“We know that men in particular can be reluctant to talk about the subject, so it is important that we use football as a vehicle to stress the importance of mental fitness.”

Godric Smith, chair of the Heads Up campaign, added: “It's fitting that the first big Heads Up campaign moment should be linked to the Emirates FA Cup third round - a signature moment in any football season.

“The Emirates FA Cup is a competition for everyone - for clubs big and small - and we want to use its power to help show that we all have mental health and that we can all take a minute to focus on how we can start to improve it.”

The Emirates FA Cup third round draw was facilitated by Tony Adams, former England international and three-time FA Cup winner and founder of Heads Up charity partner, Sporting Chance. Third round ties will take place over the weekend of 3-6 January 2020.

Fans can search ‘Every Mind Matters’ to create their own personal mental health action plan.

Those in need of immediate support can text ‘HeadsUp’ to 85258 to be connected to a trained crisis counsellor. This service is available 24/7, and free to text from most mobile networks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Nt3FYEf5k

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/dec/02/fa-cup-third-round-one-minute-heads-up-021219
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Jan 04, 2020 11:40:00 am
      Mental health awareness blitz.

Not even funny when you realise how much this Tory government has exacerbated this. Having said that, at long last, the majority of mental health trusts received a funding boost last year, but it was like pissing in the wind after their budgets had been cut by over £100m in real terms since the Conservatives came to power and mental health funding is not ring-fenced and can be diverted to plug other gaps created by the unnecessary austerity forced upon this country by this shyster Tory government.

Not to get political but this argument does irritate me so let me paint you a scenario: let's say you get an unexpected fine or bill which means that you need to max out your credit cards plus take out a loan to pay it off. Do you then just continue spending as normal after that or make some cut backs to pay off your debts? Austerity is sh*t but it's exactly the same situation as the above on a national level. The state of the UK finances was totally fu**ed in 2010 and its taken a decade to get it under control. The good news is that austerity is coming to an end now and more funding is being released.

Now then back to footy, let's field a strong side and keep the momentum going. Let's also be thankful that we got knocked out of league Cup otherwise we'd have to play on Wednesday as well.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #54: Jan 04, 2020 01:11:43 pm
                       Origi
         Brewster Minamino Elliott
                    Jones Lallana
      Milner Phillips Hoever Williams
                     Adrian

JD you need to add Jones and Minamino to the team builder :)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #55: Jan 04, 2020 01:34:48 pm
                       Origi
                    Jones Lallana
                     Adrian

I think that this will be the team or thereabouts mate. I think we might see some of the big guns on the bench
      Jimsouse67

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #56: Jan 04, 2020 01:37:33 pm
      I think that this will be the team or thereabouts mate. I think we might see some of the big guns on the bench
      Pretty much my train of thought,leave some of our cavalry on the bench.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #57: Jan 04, 2020 01:46:40 pm
      F**k It....  I think it's safe to say Jürgen is gonna mix things up a bit, going by his presser and not being to worried about history....so bearing that in mind I've chosen this X1...

This is induced by a few beers and some amber nectar.....

....                        Allison
              Hoever   Phillips Virgil Larouci
                                Henderson
                   Lallana                    Milner
                 Elliot      Divock     Minamino

Subs: Adrian,  Trent,  Gomez, Salah, Mane,  Firmino,  Jones....

There it's done, I've emailed Jürgen, he hasn't replied yet, nor will I hold my breath,  but i will continue to sample & savour the amber nectar, just to calm the nerves you understand ,

Can't have them bitter bas**rds beating us,

2-1 Mighty Redmen

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      Reply #58: Jan 04, 2020 01:49:24 pm
                       Origi
                    Jones Lallana
                     Adrian

Good shout Clint...I like that , might even surpass my inebriated effort ;D

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #59: Jan 04, 2020 02:12:45 pm

Good shout Clint...I like that , might even surpass my inebriated effort ;D

YNWA

Is it the completely inexperienced defence you most like or the forward line who have never played together before?
      If we are thinking of putting out that lineup we might as well concede now and spare ourselves the embarrassment of a thrashing.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      Reply #60: Jan 04, 2020 02:20:04 pm
      Is it the completely inexperienced defence you most like or the forward line who have never played together before?
      If we are thinking of putting out that lineup we might as well concede now and spare ourselves the embarrassment of a thrashing.

Lighten up pal, it's drink induced and not meant to be serious,  the only things missing is your SoH, and a idiot looking for his village, coincidentally!

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #61: Jan 04, 2020 02:40:08 pm

Heimdall, honestly I do not give a F**k about the result. I only need one thing from this game, injure free!!!

However, with that said, I think that we can give them run for their money with that line-up.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #62: Jan 04, 2020 03:18:26 pm
      Heimdall, honestly I do not give a f**k about the result. I only need one thing from this game, injure free!!!

However, with that said, I think that we can give them run for their money with that line-up.

Agree. They are better with Carlo but it's not like they are 1970 Brazil or something. We can beat them.

If we use any first team regulars it would be  Gomez and Virgil. Neco Williams will start at right back and either Milner or Larouci at left back.  Phillips and Hoever at center back if he goes for 11 changes.

Front three will be Jones, Origi and Elliott, left to right. Minamino, Lallana and either Milner or Chirivella in midfield (depending on the left back call). Brewster starts on the bench as he hasn't played a match since November.

Pearce says Adrian is nailed on to start

Unless Jürgen opens the email from Billy.  :)
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #63: Jan 04, 2020 04:17:56 pm
      Heimdall, honestly I do not give a f**k about the result. I only need one thing from this game, injure free!!!

Don't give a F**k about A DERBY?!?!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #64: Jan 04, 2020 04:20:23 pm

Lighten up pal, it's drink induced and not meant to be serious,  the only things missing is your SoH, and a idiot looking for his village, coincidentally!

YNWA

are you still drink induced, would explain your rude and antagonistic attitude? Christmas is over now buddy, time to cut back on the eggnog eh.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #65: Jan 04, 2020 04:24:35 pm
      Don't give a f**k about A DERBY?!?!

plus losing one at home for the first time in God knows how long, either people are on the wind up here or don't quite understand the club. If we start a really weak team and get hammered then I will be very interested to see if these same people come on here and to say "no problem, happy losing at home in humiliating fashion to Everton".
      rossyred

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #66: Jan 04, 2020 04:27:24 pm
      plus losing one at home for the first time in God knows how long, either people are on the wind up here or don't quite understand the club. If we start a really weak team and get hammered then I will be very interested to see if these same people come on here and to say "no problem, happy losing at home in humiliating fashion to Everton".

Think people may be surprised  with the line up
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #67: Jan 04, 2020 04:32:00 pm
      Think people may be surprised  with the line up

I agree, I think it will be fairly strong, the spine will still be there, after this game the lads have a week to recover plus the Sheffield match can't have been that taxing, we were coasting in 2nd gear most of the match.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #68: Jan 04, 2020 04:40:44 pm
      I agree, I think it will be fairly strong, the spine will still be there, after this game the lads have a week to recover plus the Sheffield match can't have been that taxing, we were coasting in 2nd gear most of the match.
      There is no way after the sheff match that Virgil and Gomez are tired or for that matter Alisson they were in their armchairs for most of that game , in fact Virgil hardly ever broke into a jog let alone a sprint .

Quick Reply