Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre match: Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round: 5 Jan. 2020: KO 16:01 GMT

Read 8210 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Re: Pre match: Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round: 5 Jan. 2020: KO 16:01 GMT
      Reply #69: Jan 04, 2020 04:43:31 pm
      Adrian
      William's, VVD, Gomez, Milner
      Lallana Jones
      Elliott, Mini, Bobby
      Origi
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #70: Jan 04, 2020 04:49:47 pm
      I agree, I think it will be fairly strong, the spine will still be there, after this game the lads have a week to recover plus the Sheffield match can't have been that taxing, we were coasting in 2nd gear most of the match.

Utd going with Maguire and Lindelof and they have a game midweek . I dont agree with Adrian starting personally but can understand the reasoning. Still got a feeling Mane will start
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #71: Jan 04, 2020 05:58:27 pm
      plus losing one at home for the first time in God knows how long, either people are on the wind up here or don't quite understand the club. If we start a really weak team and get hammered then I will be very interested to see if these same people come on here and to say "no problem, happy losing at home in humiliating fashion to Everton".

Exactly, come four oclockish tomorrow see how happy they are if Everton (F***ing Everton!) Are running the world champions off the park on their home turf!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #72: Jan 04, 2020 06:03:12 pm
      Exactly, come four oclockish tomorrow see how happy they are if Everton (f**king Everton!) Are running the world champions off the park on their home turf!

I intend to get behind whatever team Jürgen selects .

Maybe it's all a big swerve, but his hints are that he will rest several players, for their own sake.

Players have played 5 games in 16 days so yes, there is a way that they are tired.
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2020 06:44:24 pm by Robby The Z »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #73: Jan 04, 2020 06:06:07 pm

Maybe it's all a big swerve, but his hints are that he will rest several players, for their own sakes.

Players have played 5 games in 16 days so yes, there is a way that they are tired.

Me too, don't get me wrong, I'll back the man to the hilt no matter what

But you don't have to work, speak, live with these bluenose mongrels on a daily basis. We can't let these bas**rds win. EVER
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #74: Jan 04, 2020 06:29:37 pm

Maybe it's all a big swerve, but his hints are that he will rest several players, for their own sakes.

Understand some will be rested but not necessarily  all . Some people just naturally fitter , some do not do as much running as others such as Virgil or Alisson . Not everyone played both games in Doha and emotions due to our opponents  maybe getting the better of me but I hope we put out a solid mixture
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #75: Jan 04, 2020 06:39:16 pm
      Understand some will be rested but not necessarily  all . Some people just naturally fitter , some do not do as much running as others such as Virgil or Alisson . Not everyone played both games in Doha and emotions due to our opponents  maybe getting the better of me but I hope we put out a solid mixture

Fair enough to you and TI.  It's true that over here I have had to deal with United fans over the years, not so much Everton.

Another part of this is our Januarys under Jürgen have been a bit of a challenge and one way he is addressing that is through rotation, not a lot, but enough . For all the angst about losing to Everton, compare it to what happens if we lose Virgil for as long as Joel or Dejan have been out, with no senior cover.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #76: Jan 04, 2020 06:40:11 pm
      It's sad to see how irrelevant the FA cup has now become. Yes we're on course for both the title and European cup and they obviously take priority, but this is a derby ffs! We're up against a club who hate us more than anybody they're that bitter and people are suggesting we field an u18s team more or less and throw the game. Absolutely not. No way.

We have an opportunity here not only to progress to the next round, but to make it 25 years for everton without a trophy.

I expect some changes but we should still go strong against these.

Allison

Trent
      Gomez
      VVD
      Robbo

Gini
      Milner
      Lallana

Mane
      Origi
      Minamino

Go and F***ing smash them reds
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #77: Jan 04, 2020 06:50:07 pm
      Me too, don't get me wrong, I'll back the man to the hilt no matter what

But you don't have to work, speak, live with these bluenose mongrels on a daily basis. We can't let these bas**rds win. EVER
      In the same boat mate & being a local lad myself,I’d still wanna beat these fuckers even if it was in an egg and spoon race.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #78: Jan 04, 2020 07:14:35 pm
      Fair enough to you and TI.  It's true that over here I have had to deal with United fans over the years, not so much Everton.

Another part of this is our Januarys under Jürgen have been a bit of a challenge and one way he is addressing that is through rotation, not a lot, but enough . For all the angst about losing to Everton, compare it to what happens if we lose Virgil for as long as Joel or Dejan have been out, with no senior cover.

TBF pal I have more Mancs than bitters to deal with . Guess I just want to win as much as possible  whilst we are in  a position to do so but can see the other side of the arguement
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1402 
      Reply #79: Jan 04, 2020 07:15:18 pm
      Well done Tranmere, come back from 3-0 down away to Watford.3-3.

Think Klopp will take the FA Cup seriously. He will put fresh legs out there but he needs experience in defence. Gomez should start, VVD as well. Milner could play left or right back. Lallana, Keita, Gini. Origi, poss Elliott. Hard to call Klopp's line up. But it will be competitive....this is no Villa style lineup. Expect a hard game.

Scouser born & raised in Bootle.Plenty of Evertonians in the extended family...but they threw the towel in years ago so even if they do get something it will be a very hollow tiny reward for all the years and years and years of being so far behind us they hardly register..
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2020 07:22:14 pm by Harrisimo »
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #80: Jan 04, 2020 08:21:32 pm
      Dont want a replay either just before Scum game which they need to have now
      redclocker
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42 posts |
      Reply #81: Jan 04, 2020 08:40:56 pm
      I been to loads of derby matches, at home, Woodison, Wembley, final replay and semi's at Maine Road and the Scum Dome, and will be there tomorrow. However, I have never been as unmoved by anyone of those matches as this one, tomorrow is no more important than playing FA up against Blackburn or whoever. Would like to win but won't put me off my post match pint if we get beaten, and definitely don't want a draw. Not slightest bit interested in them or their supporters. I'll support whatever team the boss picks and if that's full of kids so be it.

The League and Istanbul and it will who will ever remember the 5 January?     
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #82: Jan 04, 2020 08:45:30 pm
      Think Klopps gonna surprise us again and put out a stronger side than most expect. I’m sure he’d like to win this, not just because it’s the FA Cup, but because it’s also against Everton.
      He just gets it doesn’t he 🤷🏼‍♂️
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #83: Jan 04, 2020 09:45:15 pm
      Think Klopps gonna surprise us again and put out a stronger side than most expect. I’m sure he’d like to win this, not just because it’s the FA Cup, but because it’s also against Everton.
      He just gets it doesn’t he 🤷🏼‍♂️

I don't think so mate, he didn't pull any punches in the pre match presser, I think he might just go for either of Gomez or VVD to shepherd the young lads at the back but I'm expecting the kids plus Origi, Lallana, Minamino and perhaps Milner. I don't think he wants to jeapodise our league form and has earmarked this game as a rest for the first team and to protect them from the risk of injury.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #84: Jan 04, 2020 10:40:57 pm
      After tomorrow’s match at least the evertonians will be able to drown there sorrows and make the short trip from Rhyl to prenton park to watch the tranmere replay against Watford.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #85: Jan 04, 2020 10:50:01 pm
      I think Jürgen will play as strong a team as the medical staff say is possible. I think changes in midfield and attack is doable, but how can we change any of that current back 4 when there is so little left to fill in beyond that?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #86: Jan 04, 2020 11:10:19 pm
      Just gonna not even think about Team Selection for this anymore, will leave that up to Jürgen as he knows best!

Comeonnn lads, let's make these cu*ts even Bitterer!!!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #87: Jan 05, 2020 07:31:17 am
      Don't give a F**k about A DERBY?!?!

Yes, I do. Maybe because I'm a foreigner and in Malta 'our' derby is with Utd fans plus it's not of the league. However, I think that we will have enough to win the game.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #88: Jan 05, 2020 09:31:51 am
      Surely with nearly a week's break, until the Spurs' game, Klopp can afford to field a fairly strong side against our neighbours. Still I accept he knows best, in the interest of the players.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #89: Jan 05, 2020 10:08:41 am
      Jürgen:
      'We respect them and we respect the competition, respect what the people want us to achieve - that's a very important part of it - but I cannot do things because of the name of the opponent.

So would seem there will be quite a few changes.
      From Everton point of view, with no chance to win anything else that I know of, they could pick strong team.
      Wouldn't like to loose at home, to them, our unbeaten record - but he's not going to let 'emotion' influence selection.
      Could be interesting game ...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #90: Jan 05, 2020 10:21:54 am
      Surely with nearly a week's break, until the Spurs' game, Klopp can afford to field a fairly strong side against our neighbours. Still I accept he knows best, in the interest of the players.

I think yes, but with a few changes.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #91: Jan 05, 2020 11:59:46 am
      Jürgen:
      'We respect them and we respect the competition, respect what the people want us to achieve - that's a very important part of it - but I cannot do things because of the name of the opponent.

So would seem there will be quite a few changes.
      From Everton point of view, with no chance to win anything else that I know of, they could pick strong team.
      Wouldn't like to loose at home, to them, our unbeaten record - but he's not going to let 'emotion' influence selection.
      Could be interesting game ...

I’m hoping he’s employing some mind games here, in Carlo’s presser he jokingly asked if there were any Liverpool fans present, so maybe , knowing that Carlo would see his presser, he would allude to make changes irrespective of the opposition and history of  this fixture,

I’m not convinced Jürgen would weaken our chances of progressing, especially against local rivals, if it were again anyone else , maybe, but not that shitty wee club over the park, and also, as been pointed out, it’s a week or so before we batter  Maureen’s mediocre Spuds, so time enough for recovery.

YNWA

Quick Reply