Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Adrián
      36 (28.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      9 (7.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      6 (4.7%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      15 (11.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      51 (40.2%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      9 (7.1%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (0.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Yasser Larouci
      0 (0%)
      Rhian Brewster
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Voting closed: Jan 09, 2020 05:51:37 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21336 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Jan 05, 2020 06:23:39 pm
      Adrian done enough until the kids got settled, which they did. Mid second half, they passed it around like Brazil. Everton must have looked at that team sheet and thought, what’s he F***ing done, he’s fielded a side of kids. C’mon lads, we’ve F***ing got this. Klopps fu**ed up big this time. Our first win at Anfield for 20 years on the way, yahooo !
      Created chances, can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo.
      Get matched for last 20 mins of first half, then get totally outplayed and dominated, by a bunch of kids for the whole of the second half.

Carlo, welcome to Goodson Park. Get the cheque book out, you need 10 new players just to stay mid table !

And yes, we were worried you were coming to Anfield. Worried about the mental health of your players after we smashed them. That’s why we played the kids to give you a chance.
      😂😂😂😂😂😂
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #300: Jan 05, 2020 06:25:16 pm
      Gave MOTM to out keeper brilliant display kept us in it,wonder if Jürgen will let the bairns stay up to watch the draw or are they in  their jammies ready for their cots
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #301: Jan 05, 2020 06:25:17 pm
      Curtis Jones Trent Elliot jeez
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #302: Jan 05, 2020 06:29:15 pm
      OMG!! lost for words.
      when i saw the line up at the back of my mine, hmmmm ok lets do this as long we stay in the game going to be happy, but in the 2nd half, the way we were playing i was buzzing and when the ball hits the back of the net i was screaming the house down hahahaha.
      every one deserves MOTM but i can only give it to one so it has to be Adrián he really saved us that 1st half
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2020 06:35:50 pm by verde-rubro »
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #303: Jan 05, 2020 06:38:36 pm
      Unreal performance . Hard to pick a motm to be honest . Gomez was immense
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #304: Jan 05, 2020 06:43:55 pm

Yes Gomez was great but Lallana was great as well. Showed great leadership out there. On free kicks he didn't go over and play the big I am...he just let Elliott and Chirivella get on with it. Also didn't demand the ball, let others do their stuff. Very mature performance and exactly the right attitude. Could be a coach in the making.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #305: Jan 05, 2020 06:44:22 pm
      f***in AWESOME PERFORMANCE, From all those young lads, out with Milner, Lallana & Gomez that was actual men V Boys, everyone of those young lads were absolutely brilliant, I gave motm to young Curtis Jones, he played a blinder from midfield and that world class goal sealed it for me,just, however special mention to Neco Williams, this lad played as though he had been there for years, up against seasoned pros he more than played them off the park,
      Wee Harvey Elliot again superb from this 16 year old fella, he has intelligence beyond his young years,  Chirivella was excellent, so to was Larouci coming on for Jimmy, not easy for that young lad, but he was brilliant,
      Another special mention to Adrian, he kept us in it 1st half with 3 outstanding saves, did F**k all 2nd half but didn’t have to, sound debut performance from Minamino, seen enough to suggest he could fill in for Bobby , was comfortable on the ball and once settled in he’ll be awesome.

What a performance, bit sticky 1st half but then we had to expect that from that shower of total sh*te, even then though they didn’t really cause too many issues, 2nd half we totally dominated to a point where not once did they have a shot on goal, testament to how well our young boys controlled  all over the pitch.

Never ever again can anyone on these boards or elsewhere ever doubt a side Jürgen Klopp picks, in any situation.

It’s Quite simple, we have the best manager in the World, managing the best Football club in the world, and proving we are the best football team in the World,      SIMPLES ! !

YNWA
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #306: Jan 05, 2020 06:49:53 pm
      Never ever again can anyone on these boards or elsewhere ever doubt a side Jürgen Klopp picks, in any situation.

It’s Quite simple, we have the best manager in the World, managing the best Football club in the world, and proving we are the best football team in the World,      SIMPLES ! !

YNWA

Sorry to pick this out of your excellent post Billy, but YES. All the talk beforehand about team selection equated picking the kids with not caring about the FA Cup or about winning the derby. But Jürgen kept saying that was not the case, that it was only about protecting the players from overload. Jürgen said he cannot imagine a team in England more excited about  playing this game then the 11 he selected (and add Yasser to that as well).  He has built a mentality here like none other. So when he picks a similar team for the 4th round - everybody just relax!!!
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2020 07:08:30 pm by Robby The Z »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #307: Jan 05, 2020 06:52:17 pm
      So when he picks a similar team for the 2nd round - everybody just relax!!!

Going to worry if he picks a team for the 2nd round considering we've just qualified for the fourth.  ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #308: Jan 05, 2020 06:52:41 pm
      Sorry to pick this out of your excellent post Billy, but YES. All the talk beforehand about team selection equated picking the kids with not caring about the FA Cup or about winning the derby. But Jürgen kept saying that was not the case, that it was only about protecting the players from overload. Jürgen said he cannot imagine a team in England more excited about  playing this game then the 11 he selected (and add Yasser to that as well).  He has built a mentality here like none other. So when he picks a similar team for the 2nd round - everybody just relax!!!

I wonder what it is going to take for some people to trust Jürgen I really do. Bill Shankly had players who would run through brick walls for him today its vey much the same for Jürgen it has to be total belief in him in my opinion.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #309: Jan 05, 2020 06:59:27 pm
      Have been off work with double pneumonia twice, back in tomorrow wasn't looking forward to it..... but now...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #310: Jan 05, 2020 07:04:18 pm
      So much to smile about after this. The team grew into the match over the course of 90 minutes. Adrian kept them in during a few moments in the first half where their inexperience showed, but in the 2nd 45 minutes we bossed it and it would have been unfair for us not to score a goal.

I went with Neco Williams as MOTM for a great 90 minutes. Phillips steadied after the first half. Joe Gomez was a great leader for us today. It is so hard for a player to come on at a moment's notice the way Yasser Larouci did (and he's only just returned from a fairly long injury layoff for the U23s btw), and he was one of the best players on the park, similar to how he impressed in the preseason tour of America before suffering a horror tackle against, was it Sporting Lisbon?

Adam Lallana and Pedro Chirivella would seem a lightweight central midfield, but I thought they did their part, again especially in the 2nd half. Minamino showed some good qualities and work rate, but you could see he hasn't played in a few weeks. It will come together for him soon enough.

I thought Divock did alright with a couple of chances, holding the ball in the 2nd half and good work in the press. Elliott was lively throughout and what can you say about Curtis Jones? All the talk has been about him being loaned out for the rest of the season, but I hope he stays, at least until the next round of the Cup.

Great to see Ox back in the team and he looked pretty lively after he came on. Also good to see Brewster back from injury, although it sounds like he will be loaned to Swansea now.

Our next FA Cup match will probably on the 26th, which is sandwiched between Wolves on the 23rd and West Ham on the 29th, so I fully expect the kids to get another chance. Maybe we can get someone like a Northampton this time, but we probably will face the Wolves-United winner, Man City or Chelsea.

Finally, as others have already said but we can't say enough, we are totally blessed with Jürgen Klopp being this club's manager.  There are other good managers in world football but there's just something extra with him - and it is the perfect fit.

« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2020 11:45:33 pm by Robby The Z »
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #311: Jan 05, 2020 07:05:54 pm
      Curtis Jones looks a special talent, gave him motm, not just for the goal, his overall play, touch, and awareness, were first class.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #312: Jan 05, 2020 07:06:33 pm
      Going to worry if he picks a team for the 2nd round considering we've just qualified for the fourth.  ;)

I humbly beseech your forgiveness for my schoolboy error. Corrected.

My heart is still beating too fast after Curtis Jones' goal - that's my alibi!  :)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #313: Jan 05, 2020 07:08:02 pm
      can't really see how Everton Football Club are going to recover from that result..
      They're gonna be suicidal tonight in Toffee land  :f_wah: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #314: Jan 05, 2020 07:09:53 pm
      can't really see how Everton Football Club are going to recover from that result..
      They're gonna be suicidal tonight in Toffee land  :f_wah: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hahahah absolutely hilarious. Our lads were amazing and in proud as F**k of them, but still my over riding feeling is one of hilarity that Everton fu**ed it big time.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #315: Jan 05, 2020 07:14:10 pm
      Hahahah absolutely hilarious. Our lads were amazing and in proud as f**k of them, but still my over riding feeling is one of hilarity that Everton fu**ed it big time.

As Gerns said at the top of the page... Carlos needs to spend a sh*t tonne of money on at least 10 new players for them to even exist mid table..
      Bollox to a new stadium they need to sort out what going on on the pitch first..
      So many International players in a blue shirt were a disgrace to the club and there's no hiding the fact..
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #316: Jan 05, 2020 07:14:13 pm
      I humbly beseech your forgiveness for my schoolboy error. Corrected.

My heart is still beating too fast after Curtis Jones' goal - that's my alibi!  :)

Just play ya dumb american card mate!
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #317: Jan 05, 2020 07:23:46 pm
      Hahahahahahahahahahaha!  :lmao:
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #318: Jan 05, 2020 07:24:19 pm

Fully agree mate, I went for Gomez he was superb defensively and incredibly composed with the ball. Was a chance for him to show some leadership as the senior defender today and he nailed it. Motm could just as easily have gone to Adrian, Jones, Lallana or Chirivella who were all excellent. The 2nd half performance was simply superb with every player doing their part. Some of these youngsters could plug and play into the first team and will have done their chances the world of good.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #319: Jan 05, 2020 07:27:57 pm
      What a great bunch of youngsters to look forward to getting themselves into the first squad. It really can’t get better than this can it?
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #320: Jan 05, 2020 07:31:54 pm
      Fully agree mate, I went for Gomez he was superb defensively and incredibly composed with the ball. Was a chance for him to show some leadership as the senior defender today and he nailed it. Motm could just as easily have gone to Adrian, Jones, Lallana or Chirivella who were all excellent. The 2nd half performance was simply superb with every player doing their part. Some of these youngsters could plug and play into the first team and will have done their chances the world of good.
      Totally agree mate
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #321: Jan 05, 2020 07:38:55 pm
      Curtis Jones looks a special talent, gave him motm, not just for the goal, his overall play, touch, and awareness, were first class.

And he's hungry for more. Might be difficult to keep him out. But we have so many in midfield, yes he'll make the bench, but is it enough. That's the problem we have because we rightly demand success and it's hard for younger players whose talent has outgrown the second string. Not like an experienced pro brought in to bolster the ranks, who knows he'll be almost always be an understudy.  There's only ever one or two from the academy that demand a place. TAA was one of them. Coady had to go, I only hope Jones does make it. He has the best manager for sure, but will he get enough chances.

Announced his arrival today and I want to see more.

Quick Reply