Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Adrián
      36 (28.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      9 (7.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      6 (4.7%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      15 (11.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      51 (40.2%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      9 (7.1%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (0.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Yasser Larouci
      0 (0%)
      Rhian Brewster
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Voting closed: Jan 09, 2020 05:51:37 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21016 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Jan 05, 2020 10:11:54 pm
      I woke up and saw the lineup (late sleeper in the US) and was a little bummed. I didnt want the streak to end and lose to them. Still was hopeful and excited to see the kids. The longer the game went the more hopeful I became, with the likes of Ox and Mane coming in and getting a result for us. And then it happened, and I LOST it. What a goal. So happy for the kid. Has to mean so much for him.

I went Pedro for my MOTM, probably should've went with Jones after that goal, but Pedro impressed me Sooo much. Held down the middle of the park, pressed when needed to, and won and held the ball up consistently. Pedro looked a lot like Hendo tonight. Amazing
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,823 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #346: Jan 05, 2020 10:42:59 pm
      Can't stop f***in Smiling, it's like the first time you jizzed,  that fuzzy feeling all tingly inside, I f***in love this club, love it more than any of my ex's, they remind me of Everton fans......Bitter Horrible Kunts!!

YNWA
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #347: Jan 05, 2020 10:43:48 pm
      Brilliant, everyone on that pitch today should be very proud. What a special goal for Jones as well.

Everton really are sh*t though aren't they.
      Good luck Carlo!  :lmao:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #348: Jan 05, 2020 10:46:01 pm
      Quite a few in with a shout for MOTM. Adrian? Can understand his shouts but, as much as he did well, I expect my goalie to save them.

Curtis, Harvey, etc. Yep. All good and fair votes but for me, if Joe ain't in there today that could've been different. A young lad like Joe Gomez was basically Dad.

Great performance by the boys and an even better one by the manager and his team.

F**k off Everton, you're sh*te...

HA HAAAAAA
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,097 posts | 1637 
      Reply #349: Jan 05, 2020 10:53:30 pm
      Quite a few in with a shout for MOTM. Adrian? Can understand his shouts but, as much as he did well, I expect my goalie to save them.

Curtis, Harvey, etc. Yep. All good and fair votes but for me, if Joe ain't in there today that could've been different. A young lad like Joe Gomez was basically Dad.

Great performance by the boys and an even better one by the manager and his team.

F**k off Everton, you're sh*te...

HA HAAAAAA

Spot one very grateful for Adrian's saves but they we straight at him in all fairness. Gomez for me to keep a clean sheet was immense and will have learned a bit about himself and leadership qualities
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #350: Jan 05, 2020 11:01:07 pm
      Fantastic performance they totally drained the Everton first team.  In the second half it was a  fast start from our kids and that was that they were totally out played.  This is embarrassing for Everton talking about winning silverware a few weeks ago  :lmao: :lmao:

Carlos is probably in total regret in sending his strongest possible side.   He has a big job lifting these lot from the pits because they got schooled by a bunch of kids. 

Adrian played really well made important saves in the first half, but in the 2nd half he may as well pulled a deck chair.  Jones really was very good and he should really stay and not go on loan.  He'll get opportunities.  All the youngsters were good  Philips was shaky in the first half but had good moments too in that first half.  Second half we just controlled them throughout.   All you scousers enjoy the banter with the Everton fans  :lmao: Because that performance from our kids deserves credit and lots and lots of it.  Unfortunately I don't encounter Everton fans here in Sheffield.  So Enjoy and rub it in their faces!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #351: Jan 05, 2020 11:03:21 pm
      The bluenose in my work was convinced whatever team we put out would beat them so i was delighted he was right
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #352: Jan 05, 2020 11:15:37 pm
      I don't now why, but this has popped into my head, with all the bitters doing what they do best, hate, it seems appropriate.

We handed this game to them on a plate, they were sure they'd win, but sh*te is sh*te I guess.

https://youtu.be/vqoF5NG3SV4
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #353: Jan 05, 2020 11:19:13 pm
      Fantastic performance they totally drained the Everton first team.  In the second half it was a  fast start from our kids and that was that they were totally out played.  This is embarrassing for Everton talking about winning silverware a few weeks ago  :lmao: :lmao:

Carlos is probably in total regret in sending his strongest possible side.   He has a big job lifting these lot from the pits because they got schooled by a bunch of kids. 

Adrian played really well made important saves in the first half, but in the 2nd half he may as well pulled a deck chair.  Jones really was very good and he should really stay and not go on loan.  He'll get opportunities.  All the youngsters were good  Philips was shaky in the first half but had good moments too in that first half.  Second half we just controlled them throughout.   All you scousers enjoy the banter with the Everton fans  :lmao: Because that performance from our kids deserves credit and lots and lots of it.  Unfortunately I don't encounter Everton fans here in Sheffield.  So Enjoy and rub it in their faces!

Not too far away from you this weekend as I'm away with the Mrs and kids in Landal Darwin Forest (something like that) near Matlock.

Chances have it I'm in lodge 84 and the dad of the family next door is a F***ing blue. Funnily enough, not seen the c**t outside his lodge all evening while I've been drinking cider in the hot tub giving it large.

F**k off, Everton. YOU'RE sh*te HA HA HA HA
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #354: Jan 05, 2020 11:24:31 pm
      Not too far away from you this weekend as I'm away with the Mrs and kids in Landal Darwin Forest (something like that) near Matlock.

Chances have it I'm in lodge 84 and the dad of the family next door is a f**king blue. Funnily enough, not seen the c**t outside his lodge all evening while I've been drinking cider in the hot tub giving it large.

F**k off, Everton. YOU'RE sh*te HA HA HA HA

Probably got his head stuck in the Karzy!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #355: Jan 06, 2020 12:28:04 am
      Just to add this regarding our league title campaign, as a result of today's game:

Alisson: Rested (Jürgen talks about keepers needing a mental break now and again).
      Trent: Rested
      Virgil: Rested
      Robbo: Rested
      Gini: Rested
      Hendo: Rested
      Mo: Rested
      Bobby: Rested
      Sadio: Rested

Lallana and Divock both get a valuable game to keep sharp.
      Ox is back fit, much earlier than expected.
      Several youngsters with a huge boost of confidence now (and the manager's confidence in them confirmed).
      13 point lead with a game in hand.
      Still in the Champions League and FA Cup, with trophies already won this season.

Still a few to get back healthy but overall, could we be in a stronger position?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #356: Jan 06, 2020 01:27:33 am
      The old adage proved true again, the best two teams on Merseyside are Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8460 
      Reply #357: Jan 06, 2020 01:29:09 am
      The kids are alright!! ;)
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #358: Jan 06, 2020 03:08:28 am
      Wow. What a performance and what a result.

You would think by now I'd have complete trust in klopp (which I obviously do) but I've got to be honest I was absolutely fuming with the starting 11.

I understand the reasons of course but I didn't buy into this 'we can't get dragged into the emotion of the game just because it's everton'.

A Merseyside Derby no matter what competition and no matter what time of the year is always a huge game. Not only did we have the opportunity to progress into the next round, we also had the opportunity to add another year onto Everton's trophy drought and make it 25.

I also took my little boy to this game. He's only 9 and it was his first derby. From a selfish point of view I was hoping more senior players would play so he could see his hero's. He was a little bit disappointed so I naturally was as well.

Seeing the line ups I feared a 'strong' Everton team under new management would be well up for this game against our inexperienced lads and I feared we could have actually got a pasting in truth.

So the game gets underway and Everton had three great chances to score. Some poor finishing and decent goalkeeping by Adrian kept us in the game.  Despite those chances though, I thought we were still controlling the game and were much the better team.

The second half starts and it was just sheer domination from us. The lads were first to everything, wanted it more than them and again we controlled the game. I barely remember Everton getting into our half and I don't think they registered a shot?

The maturity of our lads was wonderful to see and what a goal to win the game. It was funny giving Pickford some stick but no keeper in the world was saving that. It was a wonder strike.

There have been some very amusing derbies in recent years but this one really does top them all. I don't think it can get any more embarrassing for Everton after that. I'm not being sexist here but I think Juergen should play the women's team next time they come to anfield.

No in all seriousness though, I still don't agree with today's line up despite the quality performance and result. Had Everton turned up and smashed us 4 or 5 nil I would have been raging in truth. It's a good job they're f**king sh*te but more importantly our young lads are quite alright aren't they? And it just so happens we have the best coach in the f**king world.  I think if Jürgen came into my local and selected me and a few of my mates and coached us for a week we'd give f**king Everton a game as well.

Well done reds, amazing that today. Every lad who put a red shirt on today did the club proud.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #359: Jan 06, 2020 03:25:24 am

Calls for a song!

To Neco, Nat, Yasser, Pedro, Curtis, Harvey and Rhian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afam2nIae4o

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #360: Jan 06, 2020 04:06:43 am
      Get the fuckkkk innnnnnn. Sucked in you Bitter cu*ts. lost against our kids. That's F***ing hilarious!! Facebook has been gold this morning. let me show you!!!!

Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #361: Jan 06, 2020 04:14:19 am
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #362: Jan 06, 2020 04:36:45 am
      Get the fuckkkk innnnnnn. Sucked in you Bitter Cu*ts. lost against our kids. That's f**king hilarious!! Facebook has been gold this morning. let me show you!!!!

My favorite ever post. Thanks mate
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #363: Jan 06, 2020 04:47:24 am
      Forgot to add this one:

:lmao: :lmao:
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #364: Jan 06, 2020 05:14:33 am
      It was good to see our C side go out and put in a good performance and win to move us on to the next round. Felt the second half we really controlled the game and though I didn't think Jones was much of a factor he pulled off that goal which be remembered for years to come.

Thought Lallana again had a positive showing working between the lines and pushing the attack. Impressed with Gomez driving runs and controlling the back line. Though Williams and Elliot both had good showings as well.

Minamino first game was not much to write about but he will need time to get use to the English game let alone our system. I would expect baring injury crisis he won't be getting whole lot of playing time while he gets use to our system.

Big thing is name is in the hat for the next round and for the likes of Jones, Elliot, Williams etc could be another opportunity to get some minutes with the senior team going forward.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,823 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #365: Jan 06, 2020 06:09:19 am
      Wow. What a performance and what a result.

You would think by now I'd have complete trust in klopp (which I obviously do) but I've got to be honest I was absolutely fuming with the starting 11.

I understand the reasons of course but I didn't buy into this 'we can't get dragged into the emotion of the game just because it's everton'.

A Merseyside Derby no matter what competition and no matter what time of the year is always a huge game. Not only did we have the opportunity to progress into the next round, we also had the opportunity to add another year onto Everton's trophy drought and make it 25.

I also took my little boy to this game. He's only 9 and it was his first derby. From a selfish point of view I was hoping more senior players would play so he could see his hero's. He was a little bit disappointed so I naturally was as well.

Seeing the line ups I feared a 'strong' Everton team under new management would be well up for this game against our inexperienced lads and I feared we could have actually got a pasting in truth.

So the game gets underway and Everton had three great chances to score. Some poor finishing and decent goalkeeping by Adrian kept us in the game.  Despite those chances though, I thought we were still controlling the game and were much the better team.

The second half starts and it was just sheer domination from us. The lads were first to everything, wanted it more than them and again we controlled the game. I barely remember Everton getting into our half and I don't think they registered a shot?

The maturity of our lads was wonderful to see and what a goal to win the game. It was funny giving Pickford some stick but no keeper in the world was saving that. It was a wonder strike.

There have been some very amusing derbies in recent years but this one really does top them all. I don't think it can get any more embarrassing for Everton after that. I'm not being sexist here but I think Juergen should play the women's team next time they come to anfield.

No in all seriousness though, I still don't agree with today's line up despite the quality performance and result. Had Everton turned up and smashed us 4 or 5 nil I would have been raging in truth. It's a good job they're f**king sh*te but more importantly our young lads are quite alright aren't they? And it just so happens we have the best coach in the f**king world.  I think if Jürgen came into my local and selected me and a few of my mates and coached us for a week we'd give f**king Everton a game as well.

Well done reds, amazing that today. Every lad who put a red shirt on today did the club proud.

Your wee boy mate will never ever forget his first derby, he’ll be able to brag to all his mates in Years  to come that he was there, when Liverpool kids battered a full blooded blue sh*te, he’ll be able to say he seen Minamino make his debut, the Curtis Jones wonder strike, he’ll be able to mention the team sheet loaded with kids as young as 16, he’ll remember that at that time it was 20 years since that shitty wee club had beaten us at Anfield , I doubt we will see another team of kids in a derby like last night, this was a one off , a unique team selection forced through fixture congestion,

He will see his heroes mate, he will see his heroes in other derbies, and obviously in general, and he’ll remember the good times and the bad, but he will never ever forget the night Liverpool’s kids hammered a Everton side full of seasoned professionals, and just like we are now, he’ll be pissing himself laughing.

YNWA
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #366: Jan 06, 2020 06:13:48 am
      The only thing the bitters will ever win at Anfield is the coin toss.  :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #367: Jan 06, 2020 06:43:14 am
      The future looks good as we have so many good kids coming through the system.

Quick Reply