Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Adrián
      36 (28.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      9 (7.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      6 (4.7%)
      Nat Phillips
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      15 (11.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      51 (40.2%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      9 (7.1%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (0.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Yasser Larouci
      0 (0%)
      Rhian Brewster
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Voting closed: Jan 09, 2020 05:51:37 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21377 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Everton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Jan 06, 2020 08:48:41 am
      Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic na na na na...

Best teams on Merseyside:
      1. Liverpool
      2. Liverpool reserves
      2. Liverpool ladies
      4. Tranmere
      5. Everton

:lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #369: Jan 06, 2020 09:13:15 am
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This result was brilliant.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6708 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #370: Jan 06, 2020 09:18:44 am
      Pity they can’t celebrate as most of them are back in school tomorrow,
      Excellent performance young men .

Spot on mate. At least they got to park closer to the Ground today.  :lmao: :lmao:

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #371: Jan 06, 2020 10:17:38 am
      Still laughing my head off
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #372: Jan 06, 2020 10:20:36 am
      Looks like Shankly was right all the time
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #373: Jan 06, 2020 10:27:05 am
      Not all good news from the game though. Several of the young lads failed drugs tests..... for Calpol. I wonder if Carlo has still got a headache this morning the reality of his task should now be clear to him he has been sold a pup a dream that is really a nightmare.
      A new ground top four and CL football has never been further away how are they going to get there without buying the very best players available who are not going to come to a City where they are very much second best on every level.
      RedWilly

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #374: Jan 06, 2020 10:35:32 am
      Absolutely battered them. It’s hilarious how Everton got dominated and struggled against kids but how good are our lads?

Put the fact it’s Everton aside and they went up against a full strength PL team and ran rings around them.

And what a goal!!
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 28 
      Reply #375: Jan 06, 2020 10:47:12 am
      Curtisinho!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2020 11:04:28 am by thanks2shanks »
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #376: Jan 06, 2020 11:15:04 am
      How fracking good was Joe Gomez yesterday?? Was a coming of age performance for me. It had everything. Courage, leadership, composure and impeccable positioning and timing. Was comfortably the motm in my eyes.

What about Pedro? Generally considered to be on his way out at LFC. He was excellent, particularly in the 2nd half. Might just have given himself a real shot at some senior playing time?

How good was Lallana!? Carried the Captain’s armband with pride when Milner went off and like Gomez, he had a great game and provided leadership for the young players in the team.

Nico Williams looks a player doesn’t he! Really impressed. Cracking delivery when he crossed the ball, pace and a great engine and he was tenacious in the tackle. Could be Trents understudy next season.

What a tidy piece of business Adrian has proven to be! Klopp might have got it wrong with Karius but with Allison and now Adrian he has absolutely nailed it!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #377: Jan 06, 2020 11:33:15 am
      Brought some cow & gate baby food in with me today for one of the joiners who’s a proper bitter blue,will give it to him  at lunch.🤣.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #378: Jan 06, 2020 11:34:17 am
      How fracking good was Joe Gomez yesterday?? Was a coming of age performance for me. It had everything. Courage, leadership, composure and impeccable positioning and timing. Was comfortably the motm in my eyes.

What about Pedro? Generally considered to be on his way out at LFC. He was excellent, particularly in the 2nd half. Might just have given himself a real shot at some senior playing time?

How good was Lallana!? Carried the Captain’s armband with pride when Milner went off and like Gomez, he had a great game and provided leadership for the young players in the team.

Nico Williams looks a player doesn’t he! Really impressed. Cracking delivery when he crossed the ball, pace and a great engine and he was tenacious in the tackle. Could be Trents understudy next season.

What a tidy piece of business Adrian has proven to be! Klopp might have got it wrong with Karius but with Allison and now Adrian he has absolutely nailed it!
      Joe Gomez? Worth his weight in gold mate as is Adrian.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #379: Jan 06, 2020 11:52:00 am
      To look at the game a bit more seriously we really should have been dead and buried after the first half but we were saved by some terrible finishing by Everton, in the second half I have no idea what happened to Everton, perhaps we just played better than them, we certainly seemed to have more energy and ran out deserved winners at the end.

Fabulous performance by all the young players and its so positive for the future.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #380: Jan 06, 2020 12:02:47 pm

Yeah I though the same; a real leader in a young back 4.  Oozed class on the ball and is back to his best.  Matip has his work cut out getting a regular spot once he's back fit.
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #381: Jan 06, 2020 01:20:27 pm
      To look at the game a bit more seriously we really should have been dead and buried after the first half but we were saved by some terrible finishing by Everton, in the second half I have no idea what happened to Everton, perhaps we just played better than them, we certainly seemed to have more energy and ran out deserved winners at the end.

Fabulous performance by all the young players and its so positive for the future.

Didn’t let them play second half, the whole team played 10 yards or so higher up the pitch and we squeezed the life out of them. Funnily enough that’s what they did to us in the first half. Yes they had some good chances in the first half but we also had a couple as well.
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #382: Jan 06, 2020 01:22:14 pm
      Anyone see the Titi Canada tweet asking if we can play the seniors next time there’s a derby!!!! Cracked me up! Apparently he’s available
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #383: Jan 06, 2020 02:05:13 pm

I gave Joe my motm thought the same , he is back to the player before he broke his leg always takes him a bit to get his rythym but once there he is pure class , just hoping he gets a long injury free run under his belt .
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #384: Jan 06, 2020 02:14:59 pm
      Chirivella was my MotM but boy, Joe Gomez!! We've conceded once in 9 games (in Qatar v Monterrey) since he came back into the 11. We're back to how we started last season. Brilliant to have clean sheets again!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #385: Jan 06, 2020 02:23:42 pm

wrong wrong wrong ffs. They never had a shot on target after 27mins. Adrian made some good saves not wprld class ones. The lads grew into the game and hunted them down like pack animals  it was a thing of beauty. Never mind Everton this or that those lads suffocated them they simply didn't get any time on the ball they were simply brilliant to a man or boy.  It was a team that had two sessions in preparation yet outplayed an established Premier league team with a manager who likes to tell people he beats us. An incredible performance on every possible level.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #386: Jan 06, 2020 02:37:07 pm
      The old adage proved true again, the best two teams on Merseyside are Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.

Shankly's Famous Words     Rodders.

" Theres only two teams on Merseyside. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves "
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #387: Jan 06, 2020 02:42:47 pm
      Brilliant game from the youngsters, i was so proud watching the young ones and there was alot of promise to see. Curtis with the goal, i would also like to point out Pedro whom i thought looked really good and kept the team glued together with his passes and small runs. He was busy the whole time. Neco looks like a good tidy player, his problem is that he is behind a very young RB who is Europes best RB atm.

Joe was clean and safe, Nat phillips was good too. Just have praise for the team and the boss.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #388: Jan 06, 2020 02:50:14 pm
      As well as really putting a sword to the heart of Everton's renewed confidence (short lived) it meant our lads will have had 9 days between games how cool is that for them its hard to see any negatives in yesterdays win.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #389: Jan 06, 2020 03:23:11 pm
      Shankly's Famous Words     Rodders.

" Theres only two teams on Merseyside. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves "
      One of my other favourites from the great man was  ‘if Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden I’d close the curtains’.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #390: Jan 06, 2020 03:23:37 pm
      wrong wrong wrong ffs. They never had a shot on target after 27mins. Adrian made some good saves not wprld class ones. The lads grew into the game and hunted them down like pack animals  it was a thing of beauty. Never mind Everton this or that those lads suffocated them they simply didn't get any time on the ball they were simply brilliant to a man or boy.  It was a team that had two sessions in preparation yet outplayed an established Premier league team with a manager who likes to tell people he beats us. An incredible performance on every possible level.

wrong wrong wrong wrong FFS. In the first 30 minutes they could and should have been 3-0 up FFS, if they had been they would have won easily FFS as young heads would have dropped plus we weren't really creating that many chances. FFS ;-)

Look I'm as delighted as anyone else with the result, see earlier posts, but lets not kid ourselves, that first 30 minutes was total domination by Everton but then Everton started to fade away as we took more and more control of the game and we were deserved winners at the end.

Quick Reply