Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      12 (11.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (1.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (4.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      26 (25.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (7.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      41 (39.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Jan 15, 2020 07:22:46 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20975 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Jan 13, 2020 12:09:32 am

I see you and I raise you this:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back to the game, get the F**k innnnnnnnnnnn 4/4 post Christmas, couldn't get any better, the Lads in Supreme form, looked a bit leggy last 15 minutes but came away with the 3 points and a Clean sheet and you can't ask for much more then that.

We roll on...................
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #369: Jan 13, 2020 07:24:48 am
      When your in the presence of the greatest manager in the world.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #370: Jan 13, 2020 08:32:07 am
      I see you and I raise you this:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back to the game, get the f**k innnnnnnnnnnn 4/4 post Christmas, couldn't get any better, the Lads in Supreme form, looked a bit leggy last 15 minutes but came away with the 3 points and a Clean sheet and you can't ask for much more then that.

We roll on...................

How can they be leggy the final 15 minutes when they've just had 9 days off? I think its more a case of they got a tiny bit complacent, started playing a bit to safe instead of going for that second goal and Spurs finally remembered that they are actually quite good at playing dynamic attacking football!
      As long as it serves as wake up call for the next match then all good, we simply have to beat Manure at Anfield, can't have those wankers taking more points off us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #371: Jan 13, 2020 09:01:31 am
      How can they be leggy the final 15 minutes when they've just had 9 days off? I think its more a case of they got a tiny bit complacent, started playing a bit to safe instead of going for that second goal and Spurs finally remembered that they are actually quite good at playing dynamic attacking football!
      As long as it serves as wake up call for the next match then all good, we simply have to beat Manure at Anfield, can't have those wankers taking more points off us.

Klopp alluded to the break causing problems because their bodies were used to game day off game etc all over xmas and then had to readjust to a big gap and it caused some players to empty the tank after 75 mins.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #372: Jan 13, 2020 09:10:25 am
      Klopp alluded to the break causing problems because their bodies were used to game day off game etc all over xmas and then had to readjust to a big gap and it caused some players to empty the tank after 75 mins.

well that's a bad training/conditioning schedule then, who's in charge of that?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #373: Jan 13, 2020 09:27:34 am

I said this before the game that I was worried about them adjusting to 10 days off. 

It reminds me of our results after those little trips to Spain we've had during the past few seasons.

Difference now thankfully is that we're probably one of the greatest ever European football teams so they can still get a result
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #374: Jan 13, 2020 09:44:18 am

Klopp is, with Pep Ljinders, so your questioning their training methods & scheduling ?

Give your head a wobble lad ffs, unbelievable Jeff ?

YNWA

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #375: Jan 13, 2020 12:27:42 pm

Klopp is, with Pep Ljinders, so your questioning their training methods & scheduling ?

Give your head a wobble lad ffs, unbelievable Jeff ?

YNWA

If their training/conditioning methods led to a lack of sharpness then yes I would question that aspect of it, as I'm sure they would themselves.

Perhaps you need to give your head a wobble and realise that Klopp is human just like you and I and can make mistakes, no one is perfect or beyond criticism.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #376: Jan 13, 2020 12:35:59 pm

nothing to do with training, its match sharpness etc..

That was probably the longest most 1st team have gone without a game since pre-season (10 days). It was a well deserved break, but to quote 1 of klopps fave words the `rythem` was a little bit down.

The squad is getting results when not playing too our 100% best which is amazing, thats whats so fantastic about this squad.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      Reply #377: Jan 13, 2020 01:04:45 pm
      If their training/conditioning methods led to a lack of sharpness then yes I would question that aspect of it, as I'm sure they would themselves.

Perhaps you need to give your head a wobble and realise that Klopp is human just like you and I and can make mistakes, no one is perfect or beyond criticism.

Once again , You don’t get it do you, you just don’t seem to understand? you are missing the point again,
      During the Xmas period the players got used to playing more frequently than normal, they have to adjust their bodies to the demands of game after game with very little rest periods in between,
      But now that we’re coming out of that mad period and returning to some sort of normality, the rest period was longer leading up to the game, 9 days I believe, so the players then have to re-adjust their bodies, eating habits , sleep arrangements etc which can all contribute to fatigue, leginess call what the F**k you like,
      Klopp himself alluded to the extra rest period being a factor in our performance,  so keep wobbling your head pal, and hope it don’t fall the F**k off.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #378: Jan 13, 2020 01:32:08 pm

Once again , You don’t get it do you, you just don’t seem to understand? you are missing the point again,
      During the Xmas period the players got used to playing more frequently than normal, they have to adjust their bodies to the demands of game after game with very little rest periods in between,
      But now that we’re coming out of that mad period and returning to some sort of normality, the rest period was longer leading up to the game, 9 days I believe, so the players then have to re-adjust their bodies, eating habits , sleep arrangements etc which can all contribute to fatigue, leginess call what the f**k you like,
      Klopp himself alluded to the extra rest period being a factor in our performance,  so keep wobbling your head pal, and hope it don’t fall the f**k off.

;D, no point discussing with someone with such a closed mind. I understand the rhythm can be disrupted, but surely not fatigue, that makes no sense, if it does then why rest them against Everton?
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #379: Jan 13, 2020 02:32:34 pm
      Was a strange game, as I thought we generally played well in the 1st 70 mins, though the decision-making & final ball was largely lacking.  It was almost as if we though the goals would just come (as they have all season) instead of us driving to get them.

May have been a little complacency setting in, maybe forgivable, particularly after Leicester slipped up?

Gave Gini my MOTM as thought he had one of his best all-round games in a red shirt before he seemed to run out of gas.

Anyway, it's another win & another huge step towards 19.

Bring on Utd!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4977 
      Reply #380: Jan 13, 2020 03:12:15 pm
      ;D, no point discussing with someone with such a closed mind. I understand the rhythm can be disrupted, but surely not fatigue, that makes no sense, if it does then why rest them against Everton?

No, no point in discussion with someone who hasn’t got a f***in clue, Jürgen alluded to it but you know best, of course you do, Why is it you always have to argue the point, most believe the reason for “being leggy” is down to a change in the rest period, and as Jürgen said knocked us out of our rhythm slightly,

Why can’t you just accept that at what it is , instead you have to make a big f***in deal out of it for the sake of stirring up trouble, anybody would think you do it deliberately you f***in WUM.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #381: Jan 13, 2020 03:45:48 pm
      Just a reminder of what Klopp actually said after the match:

"Against a team like Tottenham, it is not decided and in the end we needed luck in one situation and Ali in two other three other situations. Until 72 or 73 minutes, I think, we had 77-80 per cent possession, so it is a big challenge to come here and have that amount of possession knowing about the counter-attacking quality of these players on the pitch. It was intense, really, but I think we deserved the three points. It was not our best game we played so far, but it was a very good one and, as I said, [we played] really good football in a lot of parts of the game and in the end a proper fight. All good."

I know Graeme La Saux on American TV said Liverpool looked tired to him at the end of the match. The only time I really noticed it was the time Gini got caught in possession and when they created the chance that Lo Celso missed. That's when Klopp was screaming at players, I think for letting the wide player hit that cross in without much of a challenge. If you watch after that, the team gets back to battling hard for every ball and controlled possession more like they had for the first 70-75 minutes.

As I mentioned before and as Klopp mentions in the quote, playing a good team it's unrealistic to think  they might not fashion a chance or two over 90 minutes. They made attacking subs and gave it a go, and we held on for the win. It's great that Klopp and Virgil and Hendo have identified areas to improve upon in closing out the match, that's part of how we got to this spot. But there's no need to reassess our training programme or whatever. We are in control.
      « Last Edit: Jan 13, 2020 04:56:11 pm by Robby The Z »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #382: Jan 13, 2020 04:35:36 pm
      Just a reminder of what Klopp actually said after the match:

"Against a team like Tottenham, it is not decided and in the end we needed luck in one situation and Ali in two other three other situations. Until 72 or 73 minutes, I think, we had 77-80 per cent possession, so it is a big challenge to come here and have that amount of possession knowing about the counter-attacking quality of these players on the pitch. It was intense, really, but I think we deserved the three points. It was not our best game we played so far, but it was a very good one and, as I said, [we played] really good football in a lot of parts of the game and in the end a proper fight. All good."

I know Graeme La Saux on American TV said Liverpool looked tired to him at the end of the match. The only time I really noticed it was the time Gini got caught in possession and when they created the chance that Lo Celso missed. That's when Klopp was screaming at players, I think for letting the wide player hit that cross in without much of a challenge. If you watch after that, the team gets back to battling hard for every ball and controlled possession more like they had for the first 70-75 minutes.

As I mentioned before and as Klopp mentions in the quote, playing a good team it's unrealistic to think  they might not fashion a chance or two over 90 minutes. They made attacking subs and gave it a go, and we held on for the win. It's great that Klopp and Virgil and Hendo have identified areas to improve upon in closing out the match, that's part of how we got to this spot. But there's need to reassess our training programme or whatever. We are in control.

The really positive thing for me is that the players and manager are constantly looking for improvement, that is such a great mentality to have.

On that positive note I make my 10,000 post on this wonderful forum, Cheers fellow reds :-)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #383: Jan 13, 2020 05:38:23 pm
      It's a result game and we got what we came for! We played alright and were not clinical enough. No worries for this game.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #384: Jan 14, 2020 07:57:25 pm
      3 points is 3 points, we made it hard for ourselves but overall we were the better team

Quick Reply