Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool (11/01/20 - 17:30)

Read 10191 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool (11/01/20 - 17:30)
      Reply #23: Jan 07, 2020 09:49:33 pm

(I don't come to your phone/PC and call you names!)  8)

You should, it's fun. ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #24: Jan 07, 2020 10:00:28 pm
      Joel is back in training? Great news, but where did you see this?

There were pictures of him in training, I saw them on reddit.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: Jan 07, 2020 11:04:09 pm
      No Kane, and our defence is looking really strong,can't see them scoring, and can't see us not scoring, 2-0 or 3-0

Will Son play? He's a massive threat we have to extinguish, quickly!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #26: Jan 07, 2020 11:07:14 pm
      Since we're getting quite specific with our predictions...

I predict a tense start. Someone will fall down in the 34th minute, but quickly jump up. TV cameras will show a beautiful woman in the stands, sitting with some guy who has meat pie all over his face and a shirt that doesn't quite cover his gut, and I will be one of many thinking "What is she doing with that fat guy. He must be filthy rich. Why can't I be filthy rich?"

At halftime I will run to the toilet and just about make it in time. In the 53rd minute Henderson will hit a square ball and someone on the match thread will complain about him being too negative. Someone else will tell him to get behind the team and then it will go quiet for a while.

In the 74th minute Harry Winks will be caught in possession by Mane. Then Gini will hit it out wide to Trent who will cross for Bobby, whose header will hit the crossbar, but the rebound will hit Winks in the bum and just roll across the line to give us the lead, at which point Jose will disappear down the tunnel. Winks will be subbed off and Jürgen Klopp will give him a big hug while laughing and saying "You are scheitze."

We should score 2-3 after that. What kind of odds do you suppose I can get?

Well I think your prediction is odd 😁
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #27: Jan 07, 2020 11:10:29 pm
      Will Son play? He's a massive threat we have to extinguish, quickly!

Isn’t Son suspended for his latest red card ? Not sure how many games he’s missed since 🤷🏼‍♂️
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #28: Jan 07, 2020 11:14:17 pm
      Clean sheet, early goal, spurs open up, we cut them down.
      0:3 the mighty reds.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29: Jan 08, 2020 12:18:15 am
      Isn’t Son suspended for his latest red card ? Not sure how many games he’s missed since 🤷🏼‍♂️

No, he's back for this game. Unfortunately.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: Jan 08, 2020 12:20:13 am
      No, he's back for this game. Unfortunately.

Typical
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #31: Jan 08, 2020 06:09:53 am
      It is hard to say what to expect, Spurs form in the past couple of games has not been good with draws to Boro and Norwich and defeats to Soton and Chelsea but on their day they can be a threat and you know Jose will set them up deep to counter with Moura and Son.

Line-up going to be pretty straight forward given the players we have fit, with a little bit of a rest from the hectic Christmas period they should be ready for another important period because these next fours games could be tricky but we come through with majority of the points I think we can start to get a little more excited about winning the league.

-------------------Alisson--------------------
      TAA-------Gomez-------VvD---------Robbo
      ------Lallana-----Hendo------Gini----------
      ---Salah----------Firmino-----------Mane--

Subs: Adrian, Matip, Williams, Jones, Ox, Minamino, Origi

solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #32: Jan 08, 2020 08:35:52 am
      Still remember Morinho from the BR era and that loss that cost us the Premiership by 2 points.

I want his team humiliated.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #33: Jan 08, 2020 10:04:50 am
      Our next 3 opponents (Spurs - draw, United - lost and Wolves - lost) have all took points off City this season, and are the reason we are so far above them.

If we can pick up points now, where City failed, then the title is done.

A tricky month, but one that can see us to the title.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #34: Jan 08, 2020 10:24:35 am
      Fully expect Jose to field 3-4-1-2 like they did against Boro

Son Moura
      Alli
      Sessognon Winks Eriksen Aurier
      Vertonghen Alderweireld Dier
      Gazzaniga

Aurier and Sessognon to push our full backs up! If we play Ox or Takumi who can penetrate the lines, our front-3 might have a ball against their back-3. Having said that, Jose has always been a spoilsport, so we can expect Aurier and Winks to become Cafu and Makelele on Saturday.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #35: Jan 08, 2020 11:44:59 am
      Expecting the team to be exactly as the OP suggests.

Expect we'll see Shaqiri, Minamino and Origi all on the bench.

If there's anyone with the ability to spoil a party it'll be Captain Spoiler Mourinho himself.  I'd say Spurs, Wolves and West Ham away are all tricky upcoming away games even taking into account our brilliance.

I think some of our players thrive on the games coming thick and fast so for our front three to have had 10 days off - not so sure how that will pan out.

7 points from 9 from those three away games would represent a great return IMO.

Having said all that I am pretty confident we'll deal with Spurs away.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #36: Jan 08, 2020 12:05:23 pm
      Still remember Morinho from the BR era and that loss that cost us the Premiership by 2 points.

I remember him telling the crowd to Shush in 2005 so same here I want him humiliated.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #37: Jan 08, 2020 12:14:04 pm
      Our next 3 opponents (Spurs - draw, United - lost and Wolves - lost) have all took points off City this season, and are the reason we are so far above them.

If we can pick up points now, where City failed, then the title is done.

A tricky month, but one that can see us to the title.
      Agreed!  As a fairly pessimistic fan (of 43 years), I believe if we win these 3 matches plus the rearranged game in hand away to West Ham which is next, it'll be pretty much job done!! 

We would then have 7 good fixtures to follow before we play City away with just 7 matches to go: -

Southampton (h)
      Norwich (a)
      West Ham (h)
      Watford (a)
      Bourn (h)
      Everton (a)
      Palace (h)

Win the next 4 and it's the end of 30 years of hurt, for my money!

Plus I'm going to the Southampton game so it'd be nice to be in party-mode for that one!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38: Jan 08, 2020 12:24:51 pm
      One game at a time will continue to be Jürgen's message. We will be Spurs with the same laser focus, intelligent football and manic energy we have been showing all season.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Jan 08, 2020 01:09:50 pm
      Nice to see Matip & Shaqiri back in training.
      Maybe Ox on the bench again.
      Players starting to come back can only be a good thing given the mental December schedule took its toll.
      Expect a tough game from Jose, but the winning mentality to be enough to grind out a result.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #40: Jan 08, 2020 01:13:37 pm
      A few weeks back these board were full of fear & dread in the run up to the Leicester match, now it’s Spuds, and the ‘Not so Special One’,
      I can’t understand what some of you guys are worried about, I genuinely don’t, Leicester were/are a better outfit than what Spuds are this season, with or without King of the Nobs, Harry Kane, yes they have very good players but none that surpass any in our ranks, their standout players such as Deli Ali, Son, Ericksen, wouldn’t get in our 1st team, one or two might make the bench but that’s it,

I’m not says this will be easy by any stretch, however, like Leicester most of us thought they’d be better than they were, they weren’t, and if we are all honest would say that that performance was our best of the season to date,

For me Spuds rely too much on one player, and that one player is crocked, where are their goals coming from now that golden bollocks is out nursing a hammy tear, Lucas Moura is decent, but prior to Kane’s hammy, he warmed the bench more often than not, Deli Ali, he’s been sh*te all season although he has had a upturn in form since Maureen took the helm, Son is Son, great player and the one who i think would have fitted nicely in a Klopp side, but heyho can’t everything can we,  that leaves us with Eriksen, very good player but inconsistent, particularly this season when Poch was prepared to sell him, so he felt unwanted, not sure Maureen is so keen to keep hold either, so Eriksen’s head is all over the f***in place, sh*t, he might not be there come Feb,

Now that all my diatribe has finished, I can see us going there and dragging Spuds all over the f***in taters, the not so ‘special One’ will set up as a damage limitation excercise, 4-5-1, me thinks, they do not have the players to hurt us, they know that on our shift we can batter the actual f**k out of anyone globally,
      So old Maureen will be employing the double deckers hoping above all hope we have a off day, No F**kin chance, we’re going there to seriously f**k them up, I’m talking about 4 or 5 with a clean sheet, we are refreshed, hungry and unstoppable, .....

Alisson

Trent A A.  Gomez.   Van Dijk.   Robertson

Oxlade    Henderson    Wijnaldom

Salah.          Firmino     Mane

Midfield is the only questionable choice, if Naby is fit he plays with Hendo and Gini, but since AOC seen pitch time in the humiliation of Blueshite, it would make sense if he got the nod.

The #Special One   0     V    4    The Normal One

YNWA
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #41: Jan 08, 2020 01:18:22 pm
      Start of a tricky spell and I'm always a bit uneasy when we go up against Mourinho - he's done a job on us a fair few times over the years.

Only selection debate should be Ox or Lallana in the midfield.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #42: Jan 08, 2020 01:21:19 pm
      We usually do well against these, but maureen could park a large double decker bus in there.

At least we have had a weeks rest.

YNWA
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #43: Jan 08, 2020 01:40:23 pm
      A few weeks back these board were full of fear & dread in the run up to the Leicester match, now it’s Spuds, and the ‘Not so Special One’,
      I can’t understand what some of you guys are worried about, I genuinely don’t, Leicester were/are a better outfit than what Spuds are this season, with or without King of the Nobs, Harry Kane, yes they have very good players but none that surpass any in our ranks, their standout players such as Deli Ali, Son, Ericksen, wouldn’t get in our 1st team, one or two might make the bench but that’s it,

I’m not says this will be easy by any stretch, however, like Leicester most of us thought they’d be better than they were, they weren’t, and if we are all honest would say that that performance was our best of the season to date,

For me Spuds rely too much on one player, and that one player is crocked, where are their goals coming from now that golden bollocks is out nursing a hammy tear, Lucas Moura is decent, but prior to Kane’s hammy, he warmed the bench more often than not, Deli Ali, he’s been sh*te all season although he has had a upturn in form since Maureen took the helm, Son is Son, great player and the one who i think would have fitted nicely in a Klopp side, but heyho can’t everything can we,  that leaves us with Eriksen, very good player but inconsistent, particularly this season when Poch was prepared to sell him, so he felt unwanted, not sure Maureen is so keen to keep hold either, so Eriksen’s head is all over the f***in place, sh*t, he might not be there come Feb,

Now that all my diatribe has finished, I can see us going there and dragging Spuds all over the f***in taters, the not so ‘special One’ will set up as a damage limitation excercise, 4-5-1, me thinks, they do not have the players to hurt us, they know that on our shift we can batter the actual f**k out of anyone globally,
      So old Maureen will be employing the double deckers hoping above all hope we have a off day, No F**kin chance, we’re going there to seriously f**k them up, I’m talking about 4 or 5 with a clean sheet, we are refreshed, hungry and unstoppable, .....

Alisson

Trent A A.  Gomez.   Van Dijk.   Robertson

Oxlade    Henderson    Wijnaldom

Salah.          Firmino     Mane

Midfield is the only questionable choice, if Naby is fit he plays with Hendo and Gini, but since AOC seen pitch time in the humiliation of Blueshite, it would make sense if he got the nod.

The #Special One   0     V    4    The Normal One

YNWA
      Whilst I'd usually temper Billy's over-exuberance, I think he's right to an extent.

Surprisingly, since 2012, the only defeat we've suffered to Spurs is the 4-1 (Lovrengate) in 2017.
      We've won 11 & drawn 4 of the other 15 matches in that period.

Convinced we're winning, but not as convincingly as Billy reckons.  2-1 or 2-0 for me.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44: Jan 08, 2020 02:08:03 pm

I think its the Palace draw that cost us a hell of a lot more than the Chelsea match did, the Chelsea match we should have just  played it tight and defensive, a draw would have been ok in that game, the Palace game we should never have lost when 3 up with 15 minutes to play. They were two big big tactical blunders by Brendan along with some bad fortune.
      BUT that's in the past and for this game with Spurs I think we will have to much for them, we are better in every single department, plus our players should be fully fit and rested whilst they had a tough game against Middlesbrough.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: Jan 08, 2020 02:31:08 pm
      Other than wanting us to win every game, my motivation for wanting to beat Spurs still comes largely from this injustice: Karius saves a pen from diving Harry Kane. Mo scores what was just voted Liverpool goal of the decade. Then diving Lamela and the AR con their way to another pen which Kane scores to give Spurs an undeserved draw.

Still frosts my pumpkin when I think about Lamela diving and then the AR and Ref asking the 4th over the radio if he has any video evidence for them. Hope we thrash the cheats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me0buD2mNsw

Quick Reply