Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool (11/01/20 - 17:30)

Read 10368 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Re: Pre-Match: Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool (11/01/20 - 17:30)
      Reply #69: Jan 10, 2020 02:04:08 am
      Yeah Mourinho has been probably been bleeding the brakes all week to try and have his bus parked solidly.   Would be brilliant to score really early for all his plans will go out of the window and get a good spanking.     
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #70: Jan 10, 2020 08:06:25 am
      Serial bus Parker going to do what he does best..frustrate us but we have enough in the tank to win this..

Fancy Mane to be on 🔥🔥🔥

Yes Mane v Aurier should be interesting but I expect Salah and Mane to be doubled up on whenever they can so need our midfielders giving them options.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #71: Jan 10, 2020 08:47:45 am
      looking forward to this it seems an age since our last game the lads have had a good break now to get ready for this. Hopefully another master class coming up

most of 1st team will have had 9 days since the last game.  unheard off. ;D
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #72: Jan 10, 2020 10:14:33 am
      Feel another Leicester style performance coming on Saturday.
      Just came on here to say exactly this but then I saw it was already said! 0-3 to the red men 👍🏻
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #73: Jan 10, 2020 10:22:19 am
      Just heard the arse end of a stat on sky sports news that if we, never heard this bit, win (or draw, not sure of that bit) we have the best record in all 5 European leagues ever. Yup, EVER, not when football started in 1992 but EVER.

Anybody know if it's win or draw because that's an incredible stat.

Edit:

Whilst trying to find it I found this, on mobile so apologies for the formatting:

10 records Liverpool could still break:

Best start after 21 matches

It seems a bit arbitrary but if Liverpool beat Tottenham on Saturday, they will break Manchester City’s best start to a season after 21 games. City drew their 21st match during the 2017/18 season to reach 59 points. Liverpool sit on 58 with Spurs to come.

Most consecutive home wins

Liverpool need three more home wins to beat Man City’s record of 20. Liverpool’s next three home fixtures come against Manchester United, Southampton and West Ham.

Most consecutive wins

Liverpool have won 11 matches in a row which is seven short of City’s record from August to December 2017. As things stand, the European champions would break that record away to Watford on February 29.

Longest unbeaten run

The league leaders are currently 37 games unbeaten. The ‘Invincible’ Arsenal record was 49 as they went the entire 2003/04 campaign without losing.

Liverpool are on course to match that tally against Manchester City on 4 April. They could then reach 50 games unbeaten at home to Aston Villa the following week.

Fewest defeats in a season

Of course, Liverpool have the chance to equal Arsenal’s unbeaten season.

Most wins in a season

Man City have managed 32 wins in their previous two matches. Klopp’s men need just 13 more victories form their remaining 18 games to match that.

Most points in a season

City obviously hold the record when they reached a century of points in the 2017/18.

Having dropped just two points all season, Liverpool can still reach 112 points. That means they could lose three and draw another and still beat City’s total if they win the remaining 14.

Most home wins in a season

No side has ever won all 19 home matches in a Premier League season. Three teams have managed 18 (Chelsea (2005/06), Man Utd (2010/11) and Man City (2011/12 and 2018/19).

Liverpool have won all 11 at home this campaign so need to win their next eight games at Anfield to be record breakers.

Their remaining fixtures at home are: Man Utd, Southampton, West Ham, AFC Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Burnley and Chelsea.

Most away wins in a season

City, once again, hold the record with 16 in the 2017/18 season. Liverpool have won eight of their nine away matches so can only afford to fail to win one more away game if they want to break City’s record.

Longest time unbeaten

Arsenal went 537 days unbeaten between May 2003 and October 2004. If Liverpool fail to lose for the rest of the season, that record will be surpassed during the summer - 23 June 2020 to be exact.
      F### mid-season records!

SHOW ME THE TROPHIES!!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #74: Jan 10, 2020 12:02:28 pm
      Klopp suggesting a few changes. maybe Shaq starting.  I had expected Lallana to start, but maybe klopp will go with Gini & Hendo & Shaq.

or maybe give Lallana & Shaq a go together with hendo or Gini.

Many options.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #75: Jan 10, 2020 01:02:50 pm
      Klopp suggesting a few changes. maybe Shaq starting.  I had expected Lallana to start, but maybe klopp will go with Gini & Hendo & Shaq.

or maybe give Lallana & Shaq a go together with hendo or Gini.

Many options.

I think Ox may be inline to start mate, he looked sharp the other day and will have got a few more days training under his belt in the run up to this one
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #76: Jan 10, 2020 01:17:24 pm
      I think Ox may be inline to start mate, he looked sharp the other day and will have got a few more days training under his belt in the run up to this one

oh yea. good point.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #77: Jan 10, 2020 01:54:36 pm
      Spurs look like lining up with Dier, Le Celso and Wanyama in midfield. I think that midfield has some serious limitations of mobility in defence and creativity in attack. Can see them going with Alli, Lucas and Son in a front 3 with Sessegnon at left back.

Lloris is still out, and in all honesty Spurs may just be there for the taking - if we play to our level.

Jose seems to have started early with Spurs in falling out with players, as he seems to have it in for Ndombele, telling the media already that hes nlt injured but has asked not to play, and again that he wont be playing tomorrow.

I'd love to get these 3 points, remembering that Spurs have took points off City so it will cement a +2 gain for us, heading into Wolves and United who have already beaten City.

It's always a worry playing Jose with all his slow restart, time wasting bollocks but I'm not sure Spurs are yet able to produce a spoiling display like he pulled off so often with Chelsea.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #78: Jan 10, 2020 02:04:41 pm
      Injury update from Jürgen:

Good: Shaq and Matip, as we've seen, in contention for spots in the 18 (would be surprised personally if Shaq starts but he did quite well the last time he played against a Jose-coached team).

Almost Good: Fabinho and Lovren return to team training next week. (I translate that as - If nothing goes wrong they should be in contention by that Cup match on the 26th).

Not So Good: Milner and Keita definitely out for the next two matches with muscle injuries, not back in training (we could be into February or March before we see Millie or Naby in a game for us again).

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #79: Jan 10, 2020 02:46:47 pm

Good: Shaq and Matip, as we've seen, in contention for spots in the 18 (would be surprised personally if Shaq starts but he did quite well the last time he played against a Jose-coached team).

Almost Good: Fabinho and Lovren return to team training next week. (I translate that as - If nothing goes wrong they should be in contention by that Cup match on the 26th).

Not So Good: Milner and Keita definitely out for the next two matches with muscle injuries, not back in training (we could be into February or March before we see Millie or Naby in a game for us again).

mainly good news does anyone know if Naby had these problems before he came here we simply aren't getting to see him at his best it must be so frustrating for him.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #80: Jan 10, 2020 03:03:53 pm
      He's had quite a few injuries in his career - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/naby-keita/verletzungen/spieler/302215.

Good news for most of the others, though, hopefully they're back sooner rather than later.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #81: Jan 10, 2020 03:33:26 pm
      It's on national over the air telly in the states,would imagine the bars will be swamped,probs homewatch for me then.Hope to F**k we Leicester them but can't get a Mourninho bore draw outta me head at the moment.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #82: Jan 10, 2020 03:40:58 pm
      A nice early goal please and then we go for the jugular. I don't think Spurs know how to park the bus but with Maureen you never know. but even if they do we have the tools to defeat that tactic now.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #83: Jan 10, 2020 04:00:22 pm
      It's on national over the air telly in the states,would imagine the bars will be swamped,probs homewatch for me then.Hope to f**k we Leicester them but can't get a Mourninho bore draw outta me head at the moment.

*covers ears*

Noooooo. Dooooooon't sayyyyyyy that!
       :(
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #84: Jan 10, 2020 04:19:45 pm
      A nice early goal please and then we go for the jugular. I don't think Spurs know how to park the bus but with Maureen you never know. but even if they do we have the tools to defeat that tactic now.

This... Definately
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #85: Jan 10, 2020 04:43:06 pm
      He's had quite a few injuries in his career - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/naby-keita/verletzungen/spieler/302215.

Good news for most of the others, though, hopefully they're back sooner rather than later.

He’s still doing better than Daniel Sturridge. I’ve averaged games missed and days out from the same site in comparison with Daniel.

Excluding this season which has yet to conclude, Daniel is out for an average of 110 days per full season, missing an average of 19 games each season.

Naby in contrast, is running at 61 days per season and 6 games. That’s about half of Daniel’s days out and 30% of Daniel’s games missed. Means Daniel gets injured at more inappropriate times than Naby.

For those who may think Naby’s body is as broken as Daniel... it’s a misconception, and injuries are not a desirable thing to have but ”that’s the situation and that’s how it is”.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #86: Jan 10, 2020 04:44:03 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #87: Jan 10, 2020 08:48:31 pm
      Damn, thought this was on Sunday. Plans need to be altered.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #88: Jan 10, 2020 09:45:37 pm
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #89: Jan 11, 2020 09:32:00 am
      Alisson

Alexander-Arnold
      Gomez
      Van Dijk
      Robertson

Oxlade-Chamberlain
      Henderson (c)
      Wijnaldum

Salah
      Firmino
      Mane

Subs:

Adrian
      Phillips
      Lallana
      Jones
      Minamino
      Shaqiri
      Origi

2-0 to us.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #90: Jan 11, 2020 09:39:05 am

Like to think Fab and Lovren would be back before cup game even Utd game for the bench
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #91: Jan 11, 2020 10:03:45 am
      Damn, thought this was on Sunday. Plans need to be altered.

Me too Red, arranged to go to my daughters for tea, see the grandkids, even changed the time to 5:30 🤷‍♂️ Too late to change now.
      She hasn’t got sky or anything so following on here is it for me 😬

Quick Reply